HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7098
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:10 pm

1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards posted by Whizzle (72 cards plus one extra promotional card)

I was going to scan the back of each card as well, but decided to just type out the short deal they have back there. Very Happy Also, the cards are in that neato prism format, which is kind of like a cheap 3-d, so they scan a little different than they look in real life. The round circles and lines you see are shiny and "prism-reflective" when you see them in person.

Card #1
First Issue
One of stan Lee's most distinctive stories-and one of Bruscema's most talented displays of art---was the Silver Surfer's
first issue, which premiered in August, 1968. The comic sold for 25 cents, when most regular comics sold for 12, but the 40
page story, followed by a 10 page science fiction parable called "Tales of the Watcher" by Stan Lee and Gene Colan, made it
worth the extra 13 cents.

Card #2
Galactus
Galen, alias Galactus, is the sole survivor of the universe that existed prior to the creation of the current universe. Once
Galactus was a mortal, but his humanity has been lost in the swirling mists of time. Galactus requires mysterious energies
for his survival, energies he can only obtain by destroying and feeding off of planets. Note: Galactus feeds once a month.

Card #3
Zenn-La
Searching for a suitable planet to devour, Glactus discovers Zenn-La, home of the adventurer Norrin Radd. In an attempt to
save his planet, Norrin strikes a deal with Galactus. He will become Galactus' herald and scout for energy rich planets for
him to devour in exhange for an agreement to spare Zenn-La.

Card #4
The Herald
Galactus anatomically restructures Norrin Radd's body, covering him in a silvery, flexible skin capable of withstanding
rigorous travels though space. For transportation, Galactus fashions a surfboard for Norrin, made of the same material as his
new skin.

Card #5
Cosmic Energy
Galactus granted Norrin Radd a fraction of his cosmic power, enabling him to perform the feats which would be nessesary in
the discharging of his new duties. Now armed with his new cosmic powers and space traveling surfboard, Norrin Radd becomes
The Silver Surfer.

Card #6
Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer has the ability to manipulate cosmic energy to produce a variety of effects, including projection of cosmic
force bolts, force shields, molecular construction and creation of objects, healing power, augmented strength, flight at near
light speed, physical invulnerability and the capacity to exist without food, sleep or oxygen in space.

Card #7
Morals
The Surfer dispatched his duties as herald efficiently and faithfully, but as time passed, it became increasingly difficult
to find uninhabited planets to feed Galactus' hunger. Perturbed that The Surfers moral compunctions were preventing him from
performing his task, Galactus erased Silver Surfer's knowledge of his human origins.

Card #8
In the Beginning
Legend has it that the creation of Galactus began with astonishingly simple instuctions from Stan Lee to Jack Kirby: "Have
them (The Fantasic Four) fight God". And so, on a rooftop high above the streets of Manhattan, Galactus was born.

Card #9
The Watcher
Uninhibited by morality, The Surfer leads Galactus to Earth. Learning of Galactus' imminent arrival, Uatu The Watcher, part
of an alien race whose self appointed mission is the passive observation of planetary civilization, attempted to camouflage
Earth from The Surfer, and called the Fantastic Four.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study

Last edited by on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Card #10
Fantastic Four
During an unsuccessful attempt at space flight, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm and Reed and Sue Richards were bombarded by cosmic
rays, giving them superhuman powers. They now use those powers to preserve the security of the Earth against superhuman
threats of earthly and alien origins. Note: The human torch has secured the Ultimate Nulifier, a weapon whose power Galactus
fears.

Card #11
Betrayed
Persuaded by the compassion, digintiy and courage of Alicaia Masters, The Thing's girlfriend, The silver Surfer defies
Galactus and aids Earth. Dismayed by the Ultimate Nullifier and the Surfer's betrayal, Galactus yields and promises never
again to threaten Earth.

Card#12
Confined
Before leaving Earth, Galactus erects an energy barrier designed to repulse the Surfer's attempt to leave the outer
atmosphere of Earth. Despite his longing to travel through outer space, The Surfer is trapped on Earth.

Card#13
Presence
Sivler Surfer on Galactus: "There are no words, no way to describe the indescibable! His size, his majesty are truly beyond
mere mortal ken. Even now, separated by a vast gulf of time and space, I all but tremble at the thought of him."

Card #14
Dr. Doom
While stranded on Earth, The Silver Surfer falls victim to the wiles of Dr. Doom. Doom, using his advanced technology,
transfers the Surfer's comsmic power to himself. But Reed Richards tircks Doom into attempting to breach the Galactus
barrier. The collision alerts Galactus, who strips Doom of the power cosmic and restores it to the Silver Surfer.

Card #15
Mephisto
The Silver Surfer's principal antagonist on Earth is the demonic Mephisto, who has continually sought to break the noble
Surfer spirit and enslave him to his will.

Card #16
Home
Using his superior technology, Mister Fantastic aids Silver Surfer in rupturing Galactus' barrier. Free at last, The Surfer
returns to Zenn-La, only to discover that Glactus had ravaged the planet in response to The Surfer's betrayal.

Card #17
Demon
Upon returning to Zenn-La, The Surfer discovers that Mephisto has abducted his true love, Shall-Bal. TheSurfer returns to
Earth, tapping himself behind Galactus' barrier once more in order to save Shalla-Ba. But Mephisto, being the demon he is,
transports her back to Zenn-La, once again seperating the two lovers.

Card #18
Nova
Frankie Raye, an ally of The Fantasic Four, craved adventure and a chance to see the wonders of the universe. Hearing of the
Surfer's past, she volunteers to become Galactus' new herald in exchange for the safety of Earth. Using the cosmic powers,
Galactus transforms Frankie Raye into Nova, his new herald.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study

Last edited by on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Card #19
Unchangeable
Creator Stan Lee has a special affinity for The Silver Surfer, and in fact loves him "just the way he is." When Marvel dropped
the first series, the publisher told Lee that "if we give him more action and treat him more like a superhero, sales will
pick up." Lee says, because he didn't want to change Silver Surfer, "I said let's just drop the book."

Card #20
The Hulk
Robert Bruce Banner was in the midst of performing a heroic rescue of a young boy name Rick Jones when a gamma bomb exploded,
releasing bizarre rays of energy that transformed Banner into the Incredible Hulk.

Card #21
Doctor Strange
Once a brilliant neurosurgeon, Stephen Stange is the sorcerer supreme, the master of the mystic arts. With his knowledge of
the occult, Dr. Strange has aided the Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock in defeating Thanos. Note: Dr. Strange was one of the
original members of The Defenders, which Silver Surfer later joined.

Card #22
Sub-Mariner
Prince of the underwater city of Atlantis, Namor the Sub-Mariner has the ability to survive underwater, and he possesses
superhuman strenth, speed and stamina. Small wings on his ankles enable him to fly as well. Note: The Silver Surfer and
Sub-Mariner have both worked together as original members of the Defenders.

Card #23
Life Energies
Sivler Surfer's mental abilities empower him to sense concentrations of energy, especially life forces, and to control his
surfboard using only his thoughts.

Card #24
Firelord
Formerly Pyrreus Kril, Firelord acquired the power to manipulate and project the energy of the stars from Galactus. Galactus
wanted to use Firelord as a herald after losing the services of Silver Surfer. After being freed from those duties, Firelord
has battled Silver Surfer and been romanced by Nova.

Card #25
THE STRANGER
The Stranger is a being comprised of combined strength and intellect of the population of the destroyed planet Gigantus.
He's an experimental scientist, and his desire for knowledge spans the entire universe. But when the Silver Surfer questions
him for knowledge., The Living Tribunal interrupts and warns Surfer that The Stranger is not completely independent of the
rest of the universe which the Stranger denies.

Card #26
INHUMAN
The inhumans are a ace of beings who diverged from mainstream humanity 25,000 years ago as a result of genetic
experimentation on primitive man performed by the alien Kree. The Inhumans now live in the Blue City on Earth's moon. Their
most powerful leader is Black Bolt.

Card #27
CELESTRIALS
The Celestrials area star-faring race of humanoid alienswho possess untoldcosmic powers. Standing 2,000 feet tall, every
Celestrial is clad in full body armor. The have visited Earth at four different times, the last of which was to judge
mankind's worthiness. Note: Celestrials are total enigmas, whose physical powers may be equal to or superior to the most
powerful physical beings in the universe.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 pm

Card #28
Eternity
Eternity is a bieng made up of the consciousness of all other being in the universe. eternity only apperars to those with a high level of cosmic understanding, such as sorcerers and magicians. it appears as a humanoid form commprised of stars, plantets, and galaxies, and can control time, space, matter and energy.

Card #29
Infinity
Infinity is an abstract entity who is the personification of the sum of all that exists along the spatial axis of the universe. Infinity is the supreme space being of the universe, while Eternity is the supreme time being of the universe. Together they comprise the space-time continuum within which the entire universe exists.

Card #30
Hyperspace
By exceeding 99 percent of the speed of light (186,000 miles a second), the Silver Surfer shifts into hyperspace, a dimension in which velocity itself is no longer limited by the speed of light.

Card #31
In-Betweener
Standing 15 feet tall, The In-Betweener is an agent of Lord Chaos and Master Order, appointed to maintain universal balance. The In-Betweener is a combination of life and death, reality and illusion, good and evil, existence and nothingness. It tired to escape subservience to Chaos and Order by battling Galactus to take his place, but with a little help from Silver Surfer, Chaos and Order were able to inprision him.

Card #32
The Living Tribunal
The Living Tribunal is an immensely powerful being whose purpose is to protect the multiverse from an imbalance of mystical forces. The Tribunals head appears with three faces, each representing equity, necessity and revenge, respectively, and all three sides must agree when judging a case before The Tribunal will intervene. It usually allows Chaos and Order to handle the matters dealing with Earth.

Card #33
Jack of Hearts
Exposed to a new experimental liquid fuel call "Zero Fluid," Jack Hart suddenly acquired the ability to project concussive energy from his body. He can survive unprotected in outer space for an unknown length of time. Note: Jack Hart's mother is an extraterrestial from the planet Contraxia.

Card #34
Mentor
Mentor is the ruler of The Eternals of Titan, the father of Thanos, and he possesses a piethora of superhuman powers. He can projet cosmic energy as waves of concussive force and manipulate matter on the molecular level. Note: Mentor was responsible for telling the Silver Surfer about Thano's history.

Card #35
Starfox
An Eternal from Titan (Saturn's moon), Starfox, alias Eros, can mentally stimulate the pleasure centers in the brains of all beings within 25 feet of himself. He is able to fly by mentally manipulating cosmic energy.

Card #36
Thor
God of Thunder, Thor is hybrid member fo the race of superhumans known as Gaurdians. Thor adopted Earth as his charge, and protects the planet with the assistance of his enchanted hammer, Mjolnir.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:30 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 pm

Card #37
Humans
Silver Surfer on the human race: "Man was born with the gift of hope eternal. Even in failure there can be nobility. But failing to try can only bring shame."

Card #38
Captain Marvel
A major enemy of Thanos is the former protector of the universe, Captain Marvel. Previously a Kree Captain, he utilized the "nega-bands" which enabled him to harness psionic energy for flying and firing bolts of force. Although Captain Marvel had the gift of "cosmic awareness", it did not protect him from the cancer which ended his life.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Card #46
Drax

Card #47
Partners

Card #48
Soul Gem

Card #49
Inmates

Card #50
Escape

Card #51
Lord of Evil

Card #52
Control

Card #53
Infinity Watch

Card #54
Philosopher

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Card #55
Peace

Card #56
Mantis

Card #57
Champion

Card #58
Ego

Card #59
Quasar

Card #60
Skrulls

Card #61
Super Skrull

Card #62
Guilt

Card #63
Inner Self

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Card #64
Darkside

Card #65
Two Halves

Card #66
Infinity War

Card #67
Another

Card #68
Morg

Card #69
Casualty

Card #70
Heralds

Card #71
Resurrection

Card #72
Checklist

Extra Promo Card for the 72 card set.

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:09 pm

Dopness. I like the first one, so far. The Galactus ones are cool too.

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:10 pm

Of the first nine, I really like #4,#5 and #6. The rest of them are o.k., but 4,5 and 6 I would buy posters and hang them on the wall if they sold them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:11 pm

What's weird is Galactus eats once a month and has existed for the entire span of our universe, which is close to 14 billion years old.

That's 12 times 14 billion, or 168 billion planets the dude has eaten. And he is just now starting to produce some heralds. It's no wonder, what with all the planets guy is munching on.

That's some crazy eaten right there. He should just suicide himself and call it a fregin day already.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:28 pm

Universe is pretty big though. Wonder if he eats wimpy planets like Mercury.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:12 pm

His crap must be what black holes are made of.

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Card 4 is dope. But I wonder why back in the day they had to give SS the apperance of wearing underwear?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:23 pm

4, 6, 13, and 16. Those look sweet to me!!!

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 pm

HECK! wrote:
Card 4 is dope. But I wonder why back in the day they had to give SS the apperance of wearing underwear?

-HECK!

LMAO It looks like he's wearing a diaper, of some sort. Too funny.

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:37 am

I guess Galactus has some nudity standards. The prudish bastard. Evil or Very Mad

No, no, that's a good thing for the dude. On Nova, yeah, drop the costume.

Or that could be when Norrin Radd was getting turned into the Surfer, and he had some leftover undies still on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Added the third set.

I like the Sub Mariners card. The Hulk is o.k.

The one of Firelord sucks so bad I want to throw it away. Looks like he is in some stupid parade.

The Celestrial is kind of cool.

None of them in this third set really stand out for me as super cool.

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:42 am

Do you have these? They are pretty dope.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Yeah, I got the 72 card set off of Ebay. (friend ordered it for me)

I had a set of 6 of them from 1992, a partial set, and always wanted the whole set, so I went ahead and got them.

Takes time to scan them and stuff, so I am adding them slowly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Right on. Cool that you got the whole set.

I remember getting Marvel cards from the early 90's, I think I have a Silver Surfer hologram card. Don't know if they're worth anything now. I'll try to find it at my parents house, going there this weekend. Scan it and post it.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:32 pm

Awesome. I want to see it.

I added the 4th set of 9 to post 4. My favorites are In-Betweener and Jack of Hearts. Dont' care for the characters themselves, but the art on those is neato frito.

Starfox looks like a pimp. He controls pleasure centers in the brain huh? Whatever. What kind of superhero is that????

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Starfox was one of the lamest looking heroes. He was on The Avengers, other than that I really don't know much about him. He had weird pointer hair I think.

Who was the other herald, cool dude with the staff that had fire on each side?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:45 pm

That was Firelord I think. He is in the group 3 of pics. But they have him look like he is in a stupid parade. Terrible pic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:46 pm

yeah, he was card 24 on the first page. Instead of a cool looking fire staff, it looks like a baton, and he a nerdy band member. (sorry fuscia!)

Card #24
Firelord
Formerly Pyrreus Kril, Firelord acquired the power to manipulate and project the energy of the stars from Galactus. Galactus
wanted to use Firelord as a herald after losing the services of Silver Surfer. After being freed from those duties, Firelord
has battled Silver Surfer and been romanced by Nova.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards   

Back to top Go down

1992 Silver Surfer Prism Trading Cards
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next