HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:42 pm

RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick executed dogs that didn't perform up to his standards by hanging or drowning them, posed for a picture with one of his pit bulls before a dog fight and exclusively funded an interstate dog fighting operation that included gambling, according to court documents signed by two of his former co-defendants.

"In or about April 2007, Peace, Phillips, Vick and two others 'rolled' or 'tested' additional 'Bad Newz Kennels' dogs by putting the dogs through fighting sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road to determine which animals were good fighters," one document said. "Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging and drowning. All three participated in executing the dogs. Peace agrees, and stipulates, that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick."

Phillips' signed document states the same alleged executions. Phillips, 28, of Atlanta, and Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, will be sentenced on Nov. 30. Taylor has a sentencing date of Dec. 14. Phillips was taken into custody for violating his parole by testing positive for drugs. Peace was released and was greeted with a smattering of jeers from a small group of animal rights protestors.

Vick attorney Lawrence Woodward was in the courtroom taking notes and seen talking to prosecutors and defense attorneys following the hearings. He declined comment.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 pm

You know, fighting dogs is bad, real bad. Makes me sick. But even I can see some sort of disgusting logic to it, watching some animals duke it out.

But killing the weak dogs yourself by hanging them or drowning them....

This Vick dude is one sick bastard. I hope he does jail time for this.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

Number of posts : 2298
Where I am : INSane Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:03 pm

I hope the governemnt gets him on RICO charges. The sick bastard deserves to be in jail for a long long time.

The Traveler

Number of posts : 151
Where I am : Whidden's Laptop
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:01 pm

I think he is too rich and too powerful. Probably get kicked out of the NFL and lose some money, maybe go on probation. I would hope for jail time, but I doubt it.

I think fighting dogs is evil, don't get me wrong, but at least as barbaric as it is, it's somehow natural...it's animals fighting. This turdhead drowning and hanging the weaker ones is so far beyond the dog fighting itself. What a pathetic individual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:18 pm

I don't really trust myself to add anything constructive to this conversation. A lot of curse words come to mind... but... well... I'm sure they'll release him one day and some nutball animal activists will kill him. I'd let 'em too.

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:48 pm

you can tell the guy doesn't give a flip about what he did, he is just sorry he got caught. I'm sure from his mind, he is the victim of some liberal society that just don't get it.

I wonder what our old bud Malcolm X is saying about this situation. The NAACP got into it at first, but the more guilty he gets, the less they are piping up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:02 pm

Some folks like the good Rev. Al Sharpton will probably come to his defence at some part, while the fine men from the old days - Malcolm X, Dr. King, etcetera - would probably leave him wading through the mess he made. That's my best guess at least.

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:25 pm

yep. But I meant the Malcolm X wierdo from Inreview, not the real Malcolm X. Ha Ha.

afro

I may go browse over there and see what the guy is saying about it, I'm sure he has weighed in on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:29 pm

I went over and looked. Heck has a subforum set up for it, but Malcolm didn't post in any of the threads. I think any support he has is going to wither. Hangin and drowning dogs aint gonna make you no friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:30 pm

fuscia wrote:
I hope the governemnt gets him on RICO charges. The sick bastard deserves to be in jail for a long long time.

yep.:puppy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:56 pm

What's a RICO charge? No matter what it is, sounds good to me.

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:31 am

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO) is a United States federal law that provides for extended penalties for criminal acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.

Under RICO, a person or group who commits any two of 35 crimes—27 federal crimes and 8 state crimes—within a 10-year period and, in the opinion of the United States Attorney bringing the case, has committed those crimes with similar purpose or results can be charged with racketeering. Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $25,000 and/or sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:41 am

Oh sounds good. Get him for that.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 pm

What will probably happen: Vick will go to a federal prison for less than a year. He will serve a one season suspension from the NFL and be back in the league for the '09 season.

Why I have a problem with this: for a little backstory, the new NFL commisioner came into his job and created a real strict policy on the conduct of players. Many players were getting into trouble and now they are serving suspensions from the league. Now one of the biggest names in the league is in big trouble and the league will act.

Meanwhile, this PETA onslaught of campaigning is turning Vick into this horrible monster. While I agree Vick is one sick bastard who got caught up in a dirty ring that exists in many parts of the country. He should serve some time. Pay a fine. Miss a season of ball. But never being allowed to put a uniform on again?

Let me take you back a few years ago. Long before our new NFL commissioner stepped in, a linebacker for my favorite team the St. Louis Rams named Leonard Little got drunk, drove his car in downtown St. Louis and rammed into another car, killing the driver. He plead guilty to something like involuntary vehicular mansalughter and had one of the softest sentences I've ever seen. We're talking weekends in a halfway house and parole. Was suspended about 4 games.

So I don't know if PETA is just better at getting their shock troopers with big signs out on the street than MADD, or maybe people tend to get more uppity when animals are involved.

Basically, while taking the current state of the NFL into consideration, the fact that Little killed somebody and didn't serve any time, got to play that season, and Vick killed dogs and is on the brink of missing a season if not more and serving serious time... makes you kind of scratch your head.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:56 pm

I think it goes to intention. Guy gets drunk and kills someone, most people want them to do some time, but they tend to forgive, as the dude didn't set out to harm anyone, took no pleasure in harming anyone. Just a reckless person that was negligent. Aint saying that's cool or taking up for it, it still a sucky thing to do.

But then you got Vick, who takes pleasure in seeing dogs suffer, profits from it, hangs and drowns the weak dogs. One sick mofo in my book.

Sure, a human life is worth more than an animals, I know that's true, but a drunk driver, while a selfish ***hole, aint exactly a hateful sadistic ***hole.

People have a harder time forgiving sadistic people than idiot people.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 pm

As for PETA, those people suck, and if I find myself on the same side as them, it's just an accident. But I am happy someone somewhere is making this into a big issue and not allowing it to be swept under the rug.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm

True that. By and large PETA are a bunch of freak-tards akin to right wing fetus heads who picket abortion clinics. Nevertheless, it's hard to side with a dog killer. PETA has this one right, but I think even people who don't like pets will agree with PETA on this one.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 pm

Peta cries wolf so often, that when something really does happen, and they are half ass right about it, we don't know what to think.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:13 pm

The NFL should make an example out of Vick and NEVER let the bastard play ball again. He is a role model to kids, and he must be held to a higher standard.

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm

I don't watch NFL or any sports, so I can't relate really, but I know if it was someone on LOST or 24 and they had been killing dogs, no matter how much I liked the character, I wouldn't want to watch them anymore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Yeah I feel the same way, Dave. I'm not an NFL fan, but if the dog killer were on any show I liked, I would not watch any more.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:40 pm

I agree: if there was a dog killer on a show I liked... I'm sorry, but they'd have to get rid of them at any cost... no matter how much I previously liked the character.

PETA do alright. Their biggest target is people who wear fur, which I can relate to. I hate fur, I really do. But I won't go to their lengths to 'prove my point' - as they've really not proven anything.

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:16 pm

Vick is a jerk in the first place. Dude was flipping off fans after a game. He's all hype.

But again, Vick is going to be banned for dog killing, but there are murderers, drug users, women abusers... I think if the NFL starts cleaning out its closet I don't know that Vick would be on top of the list.

Pacman Jones is banned for the year after several run-ins with the law, including slamming a Vegas strippers head into the floor. Then one of his crew shot and paralyzed a man in the strip club.

I already mentioned Leonard Little's little manslaughter rap.

It's just odd to me at times so many people lose their minds when animals are abused but when it comes to people hardly a ripple in the sea.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:58 pm

We just figure the stripper had it coming. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Yeah, she ate veal, screw her... Cool

I always thought Vick was an overrated jackass but all this case did for me was add dumshit to his list of accolades.

Vick totally deserves to go to jail. I don't know that he should be banned from the league. Once he is released from jail, I'd say serve a one season suspension from the league then let him back in under a zero tolerance policy. Any infraction and he'd be gone for two seasons.

As it stands now, it looks like he's going to miss 2 full seasons. For those that don't know, Vick is really in the prime of his career, and his only real talent at quarterback is his speed. Coming back at age 30 with a two year abscence will pretty much be impossible. Even if his sentence seems light, his career could be over nonetheless.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   

Back to top Go down

Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next