HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7098
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:47 pm

I don't know. Really don't. If I was in some position to know the man, I would try to figure out if he is really sorry he did it, or sorry he got caught.

It's too soon. I figure he is sorry he got caught and could give a flip about killing the dogs. BUT, I can't read his heart. I know with millions on the line, it would be to his advantage to at least pretend to be sorry.

If he really was sorry, for real, it would go a long way toward what kind of person he is, and what kind of second chance he deserves.

But I don't really watch football, so to me it's just a case of animal cruelty, I'm not wieghing all the other sports/career stuff in my mind.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:50 pm

How did this guy get busted anyway? I started hearing about it long after it was major news. Someone rat him out?

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Initially one of his houses was raided on suspicion of drug activity. They uncovered all these dogs, dog fighting equipment, and the poochie house of cards started to crumble from there. Government kept digging, leaning on people involved until they gave up enough dirt on Vick to really bust his ass.

And let me say in no post here am I saying what dude was involved in is in any way cool. It's really awful and has no place anywhere.

I tend to think that Vick started throwing money around to some old school chums who got into some really bad things, such as dog fighting. It's Vick's fault, no doubt about it.

Who knows what's going through his mind now or what the hell he was thinking then. We don't have courts of morality, just the letter of the law. That's all we have to go by. But by his actions in this matter I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Vick is not a good guy. Like I said, I've always thought he was a dick for flipping off his fans. This whole mess is just a mile of crap compared to anything else.

I am a huge football fan and even if Vick comes back I'm not going to stop watching football or the Falcons. I mean, if we stop watching TV shows, sporting events, movies or listening to music from or by people who have questionable morals (to say the least) then it's going to be slim pickens on the Tivo from here on in. Hell, the top rated comedy on TV stars Charlie Sheen- notorious poon hound and lover of the ladies of the night. Trust me, I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on... and on.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Hell, I fake boycott shows and movies all the time. All you gotta do is yell out some MORAL OUTRAGE, then claim you aint gonna go see the movie or watch the show, then you just watch it anyway. Works like a charm. :rant:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:09 am

Vick sacked by Goodell
Commissioner imposes indefinite suspension on QB

By Bill Rankin and Steve Wyche
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

August 25, 2007

ATLANTA -- Ever elusive on field, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick tried to fashion a plea agreement this week that gave him some wiggle room to salvage his career.

But only a few hours after details of the plea became public Friday, the National Football League leveled an indefinite suspension against the face of the Falcons' franchise. In a letter to Vick, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the quarterback had engaged in "cruel and reprehensible" illegal conduct that damaged his team, the NFL and its fans.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank immediately supported Goodell's decision. "[Vick's] admissions describe actions that are incomprehensible," Blank said.

The Falcons will soon begin pursuing millions of dollars they paid to Vick in signing bonus money, all of which came as part of the $130 million contract extension Vick signed in 2004, a person with knowledge of the situation said Friday.

Nike also severed its ties with Vick on Friday.

In a carefully drafted plea agreement, Vick admitted to being in the thick of a dogfighting operation known as Bad Newz Kennels at his property in Surry County, Va. He acknowledged financing the operation beginning in 2001 through this spring. In the plea agreement, which he signed Thursday, Vick admitted the operation involved "the victimization and killing of pit bull dogs."

Vick acknowledged financing a gambling enterprise for dogfights, but he didn't admit to sharing in the winnings. He also admitted aiding in the execution of dogs in April, although he didn't specifically say he killed the dogs himself.

On Monday, Vick will stand before a federal judge in Richmond and plead guilty to a felony conspiracy count. Later this year he will learn the length of his prison sentence.

In the summary of facts accompanying the plea agreement, Vick admitted to being aware four dogs were killed on his property in the summer of 2002 because they didn't perform well in dogfighting practice sessions. Six to eight more dogs were killed this April as a result of the "collective efforts" of Vick and two of his co-defendants, the summary said.

Vick also bankrolled Bad Newz Kennels and the gambling enterprise, which involved wagers ranging up tothousands of dollars a fight. Any gambling winnings were split by Vick's three co-defendants -- Tony Taylor, Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace, the summary said.

Vick "did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights" and did not receive proceeds from any of the winning purses, the summary said.

Yet Goodell said this language in the agreement demonstrated Vick's "significant involvement" in gambling. Even if Vick did not, as he contends, personally bet on dogfights, his association with illegal gambling violated the terms of his contract and exposed him to "corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player," Goodell wrote.

Goodell said he would review the status of Vick's suspension following the conclusion of his legal proceedings. This includes whether state charges are brought against him.

The plea agreement calls for a sentence of between a year and 18 months in prison under the federal sentencing guidelines; prosecutors have agreed to recommend a sentence at the low end of that range. But U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, known for handing down stiff sentences, is not bound by the guidelines and could give Vick more time in prison.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:20 pm

Whidden wrote:
Hell, I fake boycott shows and movies all the time. All you gotta do is yell out some MORAL OUTRAGE, then claim you aint gonna go see the movie or watch the show, then you just watch it anyway. Works like a charm. :rant:

MORAL OUTRAGE is an important tool. If you'd write McDonalds about the Agnus burger and get more MORAL OUTRAGE, it would be in Tusla by now.

But seriously, I just could NEVER watch a show with a child molester, or an animal abuser.:rant:

P.S. this smile :rant: should be named Fuscia and I DEMAND that it be named Fuscia or I will boycott this damn site!:rant: :rant:

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Fuscia-----> :rant: <-----Fuscia

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Positive drug test violates Vick's release

RICHMOND, Va., 26 (UPI) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick violated the terms of his release while facing a criminal charge by testing positive for marijuana, a report said.

The Newport News (Va.) Daily Press reported that court records filed Wednesday showed the suspended NFL quarterback tested positive Sept. 13, less than three weeks after pleading guilty to federal charges in connection with illegal dog-fighting.

In a court document filed Wednesday, Vick was ordered to "refrain from use or unlawful possession of a narcotic drug or other controlled substances" while awaiting sentencing on a criminal charge.

Vick was indicted Tuesday on state dog-fighting charges, and faces sentencing in December following his Aug. 26 guilty plea on a conspiracy charge.

Following the positive drug test, U.S. Magistrate Judge Dennis W. Dohnal ordered Vick to begin submitting to random drug tests, the Daily Press said. Dohnal also ordered Vick to take part in mental health and substance abuse counseling and be confined to his home from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day, unless otherwise directed by a probation officer, the court documents said

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.   

Back to top Go down

Vick not only a dog fighter, but a dog killer.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2