HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:07 pm

WASHINGTON, Aug. 28 — Senator Larry Craig said today that he regretted his guilty plea in connection with an airport bathroom incident, and he accused an Idaho newspaper of hounding him mercilessly in recent months.

Senator Larry E. Craig

"I am not gay, I never have been gay," Mr. Craig, an Idaho Republican, declared at a brief appearance in Boise with his wife, Suzanne Craig, at his side.

Mr. Craig, 62, apologized for "the cloud placed over Idaho" by his arrest and guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge. But his deepest regret, he said, is that he pleaded guilty when he had done nothing wrong.

The senator said he had chosen to plead guilty without consulting a lawyer, and before telling his family, in the hope that the incident would just "go away" somehow.

"That was a mistake, and I deeply regret it," he said.

Now, he said, he has retained counsel to decide what to do next. Mr. Craig said he would announce soon whether he will seek a fourth term next year.

Meanwhile, the Senate Republican leadership sought to quarantine the possible political damage arising from Mr. Craig’s troubles, calling the incident "a serious matter" and recommending that the Senate Ethics Committee review the affair.

"In the meantime, leadership is examining other aspects of the case to determine if additional action is required," said the statement issued by Senators Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader; Trent Lott of Mississippi, the assistant leader; Jon Kyl of Arizona, the Republican conference leader; Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, the policy committee chairwoman, and John Ensign of Nevada, chairman of the party’s Senate campaign committee.

Mr. Craig said today that he and his family had been "relentlessly and viciously harassed" for months by The Idaho Statesman, a daily newspaper based in Boise, which has been pursuing rumors about his personal life. He said the stress created by the newspaper’s efforts "and the rumors it has fueled all around Idaho" had clouded his judgment.
Otherwise, he offered no detailed explanation today for the embarrassing events that began with his arrest in June by an undercover police officer in a men’s bathroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. On Aug. 8, Mr. Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. A second charge against Mr. Craig, interference with privacy, was dismissed. He was given a 10-day jail sentence that was suspended; was fined more than $500; and was placed on unsupervised probation for one year.

According to a police report obtained by Roll Call, the Capitol Hill newspaper that disclosed the episode and the guilty plea on Monday, a plainclothes police officer who was investigating complaints of sexual activity in the airport bathroom arrested the senator on June 11 after what the officer described as sexual advances made by Mr. Craig from an adjoining stall.

After his arrest, the senator denied any sexual intent. He said in a statement issued Monday afternoon that the whole matter came down to a misunderstanding, and that the police were "misconstruing my actions." In 2006, Mr. Craig publicly rejected allegations by a gay rights advocate that he had engaged in a homosexual behavior, calling the claims "completely ridiculous."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/28/washington/28cnd-craig.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Text: Complaint (Minn. v. Craig)

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:39 pm

Now, it seems to me, you're either guilty or you're not. You can't have it both ways. "I PLEAD GUILTY, YOUR HONOR, except I'm really not."

Sounds like the poor bastard's living in a very, very sticky closet that smells somewhat of mould and moths.

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:06 pm

somewhat. haha i'm gonna find where it tells what he did, like it can be misunderstood. and one part in particular is halirious

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Sen. Larry Craig said he "overreacted and made a poor decision" in pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his June arrest following an incident in a Minneapolis, Minnesota, airport bathroom.
A police mug shot of Sen. Larry Craig after he was arrested at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport in June.

Tuesday, in his first public statement on the arrest, the Idaho Republican said he did nothing "inappropriate."
"Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been," said Craig, who has aligned himself with conservative groups who oppose gay rights.
With his wife by his side, Craig said he is the victim of a "witch hunt" conducted by the Idaho Statesman newspaper.
"In pleading guilty, I overreacted in Minneapolis, because of the stress of the Idaho Statesman's investigation and the rumors it has fueled around Idaho," he said. "Again, that overreaction was a mistake, and I apologize for my misjudgment." Watch Craig say he did nothing wrong »
He added: "I should not have kept this arrest to myself, and should have told my family and friends about it. I wasn't eager to share this failure, but I should have done so anyway."
A police officer who arrested him June 11 said Craig peered through a crack in a restroom stall door for two minutes and made gestures suggesting to the officer he wanted to engage in "lewd conduct."
Craig's blue eyes were clearly visible through the crack in the door, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport police Sgt. Dave Karsnia wrote in the report he filed.

"Craig would look down at his hands, 'fidget' with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again," Karsnia wrote in documents accompanying the arrest report.
Craig said the officer misinterpreted his actions.
After he was taken for questioning, the police report says, Craig pulled out of a Senate business card and asked the officer: "What do you think of that?"
Before the senator spoke in Boise, Idaho, Tuesday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, informed Craig the leaders of his own party were calling for an ethics investigation into what they termed a "serious matter," a Senate Republican leadership aide told CNN.
The aide said senators, who discussed the matter by phone, were especially concerned about the business card allegation.
The GOP leadership consists of McConnell, Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott of Mississippi, Conference Chairman Jon Kyl of Arizona, Policy Committee Chair Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, and Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign of Nevada.
"Due to the reported and disputed circumstances, and the legal resolution of this serious case, we will recommend that Senator Craig's incident be reported to the Senate Ethics Committee for its review," the group said in a statement.
"In the meantime, Leadership is examining other aspects of the case to determine if additional action is required," the statement said.
Craig, 62, pleaded guilty August 8 to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge in the incident, according to Minnesota criminal records.
The senator said he "chose to plead guilty to a lesser charge in the hope of making it go away. I did not seek any counsel, either from an attorney, staff, friends, or family. That was a mistake, and I deeply regret it."
On Tuesday, Craig announced that he has retained an attorney.
The officer wrote he was on a plainclothes detail in the restroom because of citizen complaints and arrests for sexual activity there.
Karsnia wrote that when the person occupying the stall beside him left, Craig entered it and blocked the door with his rolling suitcase.
"My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall," the officer said in his report.
The senator then tapped his right foot, "a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct," Karsnia wrote, and Craig ran his left hand several times underneath the partition dividing the stalls.
"The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot, which was within my stall area," the officer's report said.
When the police interviewed him later, the senator said that "he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom" and that was why his foot may have touched the officer's, the report said.
Craig also told police that he had reached down to the floor to pick up a piece of paper, the officer wrote.
"It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," Karsnia wrote.
"During the interview, Craig either disagreed with me or 'didn't recall' the events as they happened."
After Craig ran his hand underneath the partition wall three times, Karsnia held his police identification down by the floor so the senator could see it, the report said.
"With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, 'No!'
"I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet," Karsnia wrote.
The senator initially resisted the officer's request to go to the police operations center, he said, but finally did. There, he was read his Miranda rights, interviewed, photographed, fingerprinted and released, the report said.
The Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call first reported the arrest Monday. Watch a reporter discuss how news of the arrest broke »
In a statement released Monday evening, Craig denied inappropriate conduct and said he regrets his guilty plea, which he entered without having an attorney present.
"At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."
Craig paid a $500 fine when he entered his guilty plea in Hennepin County Municipal Court in Bloomington, Minnesota, according to state criminal records.
In his petition to enter a guilty plea, Craig acknowledged that he "engaged in (physical) conduct which I knew or should have known tended to arouse alarm or resentment."
He also was required to stipulate in the statement that he would "make no claim that I am innocent of the charge to which I am entering a plea of guilty," the document said.
On Tuesday, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint with the Senate Ethics Committee, asking that the senator's conduct be investigated. The group, which largely targets Republicans, asked the committee to probe whether Craig "violated the Senate Rules of Conduct by engaging in disorderly conduct," a statement said.
"If pleading guilty to charges stemming from an attempt to solicit an undercover officer in a public restroom is not conduct that reflects poorly upon the Senate, what is?" asked Melanie Sloan, the group's executive director, in a statement. Sloan is a former U.S. attorney in the Clinton administration's Justice Department.
Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California, chairwoman of the Ethics Committee, declined to comment on whether an investigation would be conducted. Her office noted the committee's work is generally confidential.
A Senate aide familiar with Ethics Committee practices said ethics rules do not specifically require a member to disclose pleading guilty to a misdemeanor. But the rules require the panel to look into a matter and determine whether an investigation is appropriate once a formal complaint is lodged.
Craig resigned Monday night as a Senate liaison for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. Romney's son Josh canceled a trip to Idaho on Tuesday.
Craig, Idaho's senior senator, is married with three grown children and nine grandchildren. A former rancher, he was first elected to the Senate in 1990 after serving a decade in the House of Representatives. His seat is up for re-election in 2008.
Last fall, Craig's office publicly denied assertions by Internet blogger Mike Rogers that the senator is gay. Craig's office dismissed speculation about the senator's sexuality as "completely ridiculous."
In 1982, Craig denied rumors he was under investigation as part of a federal probe into allegations that lawmakers on Capitol Hill had sexual relationships with congressional pages, saying the "false allegations" made him "mad as hell."
He was never implicated in that investigation, which led to ethics charges against two other congressmen.
In recent years, Craig's voting record has earned him top ratings from social conservative groups such as the American Family Association, Concerned Women for America and the Family Research Council.
He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, telling his colleagues that it was "important for us to stand up now and protect traditional marriage, which is under attack by a few unelected judges and litigious activists."

In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages and prevents states from being forced to recognize the marriages of gay and lesbian couples legally performed in other states.
Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias and, in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, which failed by a single vote in the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/28/craig.arrest/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 am

Of course he voted for the Defense of Marriage Act. Anybody who doesn't is gay!

Very weird story indeed. Sounds he knew exactly what he was getting into and he's pissed that he got caught.

Though, here's a possibility...

If I really had to go, and rushed into the bathroom with my bag, I'd put it against the door. No joke, that's where I'd put it. Then, say I'm waiting for the faucet to turn... maybe I'd start tapping my toe to an imaginary beat as I'm waiting. And say someone stuck their foot near my stall. I'd be pissed that the person was encroaching on my space, and would stick MY foot there too. Then, after they don't relent, maybe I'd wanna get a look at the motherf***er.

Slightly far fetched, but you never know...

Number of posts : 7098
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:51 pm

I think he is sick in the head. He should go to bars and pick up dudes, not airport crappers.

UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:55 pm

Seriously, though, he tapped his foot, played footsies and peeked in on some dude... it's pretty gross, but could the police ever hope to form a case around that for ANYTHING?

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:57 pm

Probably just a fine, like a speeding ticket.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:04 pm

True, true... but they should be busting the dudes who are going at it like rabbits in those stalls. Will they fine the cop too? 'Cause he was kind of acting a tad lude, if you ask me

I can imagine myself tapping my foot while on the loo. I hope no one ever gets the wrong idea...

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:06 pm

I always frown while in the crapper, and try to look pissed off, so no one comes near.

The vibe "come near me and I'll kick your ass" is what I'm shooting for in the bathroom.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:12 pm

Hmm... reminds me of when I was young, like 8 or 9, I was on the crapper at Sizzler, and some kid was looking under the stall. Pissed me off so I said he should go away... and he did. But when I was done, I saw him jump down from the toilet in the next stall, where he was looking. Then he got in my face (I realized he was a few years older than me) and he beat me up.

... actually, that wasn't such a good memory. And I have to wait a good 12 hours before I can have a beer...

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:35 pm

LOL.

Ha ha.

Oh man, I shouldn't laugh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Sorry. But it had all the elements to make Whidden laugh. A crapper. An ass kicking. A crazy person.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Tsk, definitely not funny. But I am over the whole thing, now.

But it is basically the reason why I'm quick to strike if someone swings at me. Also the reason I don't mind headbutting motherfuckers if it'll mess them up good.

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:34 pm

Oh, by the way, this news is kind of big in Taiwan, because apparently this senator is a big supporter of Taiwan independance. Probably because we have a lot of gay dudes out here...

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:45 pm

I think we are missing the true culprit here.

He says he was stressed about the hounding he had gotten from the press. Clearly he went to the airport seeking ''stress relief''. First they kill Princess Di, now they drive our politicians to homosexuality, WHERE WILL IT ALL END!

Larry Craig- Princess Di, I see the connection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 pm

So what, if you want to wang out with random people in airport bathrooms that makes you gay? These people and their "labels". Laughing

Just as long as rest stop bathrooms are still hetero man love destinations, all is well in the world. Rolling Eyes

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm

Senator Craig has repeatedly told the world ''I am not gay''. I would venture to guess neither are the men he has sex with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:17 am

Now you guys are all being unfair. He just had a wide pooping stance. That's his story, and for all we know he has an intense fear of fiber and has his own struggles.

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:32 pm

He should have pleaded guilty to a bad diet then, the dummy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:33 pm

(CBS News) WASHINGTON Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig has announced his resignation from the Senate, saying he will forgo whatever legal options he might have following his arrest during a sex sting in a Minneapolis airport bathroom, to avoid the distraction it would cause in Congress.

"I apologize for what I have done, I'm deeply sorry," he said in a statement before a crowd in Boise. "I hope you do not regret the confidence you have placed in me all these years."

Craig's resignation completed a stunning downfall that began Monday with the disclosure that he had pleaded guilty to a reduced charge following his arrest during a sex sting in a Minneapolis airport men's room.

Although leading members of his own party had called for him to step down, Craig steadfastly resisted resigning for days, contending that he had done nothing wrong and that his only mistake was pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge.

Craig was defiant after the arrest and guilty plea were first reported. "I am not gay. I never have been gay," he declared Tuesday in Boise, Idaho, with his wife, Suzanne, at his side. He said he had kept the incident from aides, friends and family and later pleaded guilty "in hopes of making it go away."

Craig, 62, has represented Idaho in Congress for more than a quarter-century and was up for re-election next year. He had not said if he would run for a fourth term in 2008 and was expected to announce his plans this fall.

At today's announcement Craig also said he is sorry for the problems his legal troubles have caused for the state and Republican Party.

"Few people have had the privilege and the pleasure to represent Idaho for as many years as I have. I have enjoyed every moment."

He said that having to pursue his legal options while continuing to serve in the Senate "would be an unfair distraction," for himself and Congress.

"The people of Idaho deserve a senator who can devote 100 percent of his time and effort to the critical issues of our state and of our nation," he said.

Governor C.L. Otter stood behind Craig, but did not speak, continuing speculation about whom he might appoint to succeed Craig for the year-and-a-half remainder of his term.

The resignation came four days after the disclosure that Craig had pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge arising out of his June 11 arrest during a lewd-conduct investigation at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

Craig has faced rumors about his sexuality since the 1980s. He has called assertions that he has engaged in gay sex ridiculous.

"I have little control over what people choose to believe," he said Saturday. "But clearly my name is important to me and my family is so very important also."

President Bush said Craig made the right decision stepping down from office today.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said Mr. Bush called Craig moments after the senator made his resignation announcement. Stanzel says the president told Craig he understood the difficulty of the decision, but said it was the right choice for his family, constituents and the U.S. Senate.

Other lawmakers echoed those sentiments.

The Senate's Republican leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, said resignation was the right choice. But McConnell said it's his hope that Craig will be remembered more for his three decades of dedicated public service than the events of this week.

McConnell was one of the most outspoken Republicans this week when news broke of Craig's arrest. At one point, McConnell called Craig's case - quote - "unforgivable."

Support also came in from fellow Idaho Senator Mike Crapo and Montana Democratic Senator John Tester.

Crapo, a Republican, said Craig had demonstrated his "courage and strength in making a tough decision."

Tester said Craig's decision was appropriate and one that deserves respect.

Craig's regional director in Boise, Will Hart, declined to say if the senator will appear in Senate chambers Tuesday. Craig, should he show up, could continue to be a liability for his party as it tries to shed negative publicity, said Jasper LiCalzi, a professor of political economy at Albertson College of Idaho in Caldwell.

"If he's trying to walk into the Senate chamber, everybody is going to be following him," LiCalzi said. "I've been surprised by everything - this is one more."

The three-term Republican senator had maintained he did nothing wrong - except for making the guilty plea without consulting a lawyer. But he found almost no support among Republicans in his home state or Washington.

CBS News chief political analyst Jeff Greenfield said, just a few months before the first presidential primaries, Craig's liability to the GOP would not be limited to Idaho.

"The last thing the Republicans want is to even move into this process, which is starting early, with this overhang of a possible sex scandal," Greenfield said, "on top of the fact that they've got an unpopular president, a divisive war, they’ve got 22-34 seats to defend - they’ve got enough on their plate."

The prospect of Craig's resignation was met with approval by one man in Boise who told CBS News, "We're hoping for it. He hadn’t been up-front, totally. And If he'd been up-front totally maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal."

Idahoan Don Cornell said he was never a big supporter of Craig, but he told CBS News correspondent Stephan Kaufman that no matter what Craig might be guilty of, he should still stand up for what he feel is right.

"Maybe he should fight it," Cornell said. "Maybe he was entrapped a bit, who knows? If it was my credibility on the line I probably wouldn’t cave in like that."

But Cornell admitted that perhaps it was time for Craig to leave, given the damage to his credibility.

Although several Republicans familiar with internal deliberations said Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter favored Lt. Gov. Jim Risch as a replacement, both Otter aides and Risch said no decision had been made.

"I have not been promised the job of U.S. senator, nor has there even been a hint that the governor would appoint me to that position," Risch told the AP. "At this point in time, that discussion is very premature."

Stuart Rothenberg, editor of The Rothenberg Political Report, told CBS Radio News, "Craig's replacement will be just as conservative.

"I think most of the betting now is on the lieutenant governor, and he will be a conservative Republican. This will not change anything, either in terms of ideology or the party numbers in the Senate."

Rothenberg notes that, in his speech, Craig did not address any of the allegations against him nor admit any wrongdoing.

"He did not address the particular allegations against him, or his decision to plead guilty, or anything like that. He simply said, 'I can't continue in my role as Senator. I've got to move on.'"

Rothenberg says Craig was becoming a distraction in national politics, and this was inevitable.

"National Republican figures simply deserted him. He was isolated, and I don't think he had much choice."

Craig has been out of public view since Tuesday, when he declared defiantly at a Boise news conference: "I am not gay. I never have been gay." But Republican sources in Idaho said he spent Friday making calls to top party officials, including the governor, gauging their support.

There has been virtually none publicly.

GOP lawmakers stripped Craig of leadership posts Wednesday, a day after calling for an investigation of Craig's actions by the Senate Ethics Committee. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called Craig's conduct "unforgivable" and acknowledged many in the rank-and-file thought Craig should resign.

Craig, 62, has represented Idaho in Congress for more than a quarter-century and was up for re-election next year.

Larry LaRocco, a former Democratic House member who is campaigning for Craig's seat in 2008, said, "Obviously, change is in the air. I represent that change, and based on the last few days, people are really looking for that change."

Still, Idaho remains one of the nation's most reliably Republican states. The GOP controls the statehouse and all four seats in Congress, and President Bush carried the state in 2004 with 68 percent of the vote.

Risch, the lieutenant governor, served for seven months as governor last year after former Gov. Dirk Kempthorne was named interior secretary. Risch had said earlier he was interested in Craig's Senate seat if Craig did not seek re-election in 2008.

Rep. Mike Simpson, R-Idaho, also had been mentioned as a possible replacement for Craig, but the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because Craig has not resigned, said Otter would probably choose Risch.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Mr. F wrote:
Senator Craig has repeatedly told the world ''I am not gay''. I would venture to guess neither are the men he has sex with

Comedy. Reminds me of that old joke... "so I'm banging this guy in the pooper, he reaches around and grabs my balls and I think to myself, what a fag."

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong   

Back to top Go down

Idaho Senator Says He Did Nothing Wrong
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1