HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Asia-Pacific summit pumps up brothel business

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Asia-Pacific summit pumps up brothel business   Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 am

Agence France-Presse
Last updated 12:31pm (Mla time) 09/09/2007

SYDNEY--Sydney brothels have had to import prostitutes from other states to get over a demand hump caused by security agents and delegates attending an Asia-Pacific summit, an industry spokesman said Sunday.

By its climax, a summit of leaders from 21 countries had triggered a 300-percent spike in the brothel business, prompting madams to send out for reinforcements to cope with the legion of clients.

"Business has been booming; it's been going great-guns," said Chris Seage of the Adult Business Association (ABA), which represents the world's oldest trade in New South Wales state where brothels are legal provided they are licensed.

"I have heard that a few of the brothels have recruited interstate, while many others are calling in girls who don't normally work at the weekend to cope with the extra demand," he told AFP.

Houses of ill repute in areas of Sydney close to the hotels and venues of the summit have seen a 300 percent increase in business, thanks to a rush of clients and good marketing, Seage said.

In honour of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum meeting, one well-known bordello offered clients "The Presidential Platter" with a variety of pleasures or a "United Nations" double with women from a range of countries.

The growth in business was spurred by security officers detailed to protect ministers and heads of government who have been meeting here since last Sunday, not the powerful world leaders themselves, Seage said.

"The clients have been secret service agents, trade envoys and economic attaches. They get in there and tell the girls who they are," the former tax office auditor said.

"The girls are very discreet, but no-one has reported to me that a name has gone there -- I mean can you imagine if you said that Putin had gone to a brothel? Its business would go through the roof," he said.

APEC groups Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States and Vietnam.

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia-Pacific summit pumps up brothel business   Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Quote :
to get over a demand hump

Quote :
By its climax

Quote :
rush of clients

Quote :
summit pumps up

Who is the world wrote that article, it's full of subliminal advertising.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Asia-Pacific summit pumps up brothel business   Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:31 pm

I like how the writer is trying to push the "The Presidential Platter" on all of us.

PostSubject: Re: Asia-Pacific summit pumps up brothel business   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1