HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Larkitect

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:38 pm

so stop calling me. if it was important then leave a message. otherwise stop calling me on a saturday at 10:56am, 11:52am, and 1:08pm.

i hate telemarketers.

this is why the ringer on my land line is always off. this is why the only people i want to talk to have my cell number and know to call me on my cell if they want to talk to me.

and yes the ringer is off but the little red light flashing telling me i have messages that aren't really messages is annoying. i think i'm going to prepend a sit tone like this one http://www.scn.org/~bk269/errorbeeps45.wav and see if it really works.

(518) 745-7135
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Oklahoma passed a law against the bastards, and you put yourself on this list and if they call you, they do jail time.

We are on the list, now all we get is bill collectors, which is cool, as we used to get home and there would be 20 or so messages from telemarketers.

I used to let them do the whole speech, while watching T.V. and when they asked the question at the end, I would just say NOPE, and hang up. Awesome.

But it's better not getting them at all.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 pm

I do what Whidden said, just let them give the speech then pretend I can't understand Chinese. They often repeat it.

I don't mind the sales calls. I prefer them to the calls that involve the caller pretending they've kidnapped my daughter. Though I tend to screw with them too. "Mika? Mika? What have they done to you!!!"

Mika's my dog. They've threatened to kill my family before, but I tell them if they had balls they'd be kidnapping people instead of pretending to. So far my family's not dead.

We got a call the other day asking for my ex landlord. The only way they would've gotten the ex landlord's name is from our old ISP, since we used our ex landlord's name for the internet account a few years after we moved out because it was too hard to change it. Interesting that. Yoyo asked where they were calling from, and the person basically gave a city, and hung up when she pressed them for more information.

Number of posts : 1172
Where I am : Here... where ever here is...
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:50 am

We got a telemarketing phone call at 6:00 this morning. I rolled over and looked at the clock and was like "Damnit!! I still have two hrs to sleep!!!! WTF!!!!!" I mean who in the hell telemarkets like that??? Woken people don't make the best customers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 am

I sometimes answer the phone in a weird accent or just say "go!" They either don't know what to say or hang up. That goes for telemarketers and basically anyone who calls. I laugh.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonna

Number of posts : 1172
Where I am : Here... where ever here is...
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 am

I have so many friends that mess with telemarketers. We had telemarketers that called my dorm last year. My friend Scott answered the phone once and put it on speaker. The woman asked if our parents were home (what do you say to that.... I mean they live three hrs away.... "I'm not sure if they're home... call them and find out"). But he decides to say that "our" parents "Have gone out for the day... I think they mentioned something about a meeting at the docks." The woman sorta stuttered for a moment and then hung up. You'd think they'd be used to this shit by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:29 pm

So I moved to Glen Falls, New York, and I tried to call you guys and see if you wanted to switch your long distance plans, that's my usual ice breaker.

:screw:

So I knew this guy who worked for this guerilla tele-marketing scheme that was taken down by the cops. I guess the game was they would call people, mostly the elderly, and say that they owe some kind of debt and wound hound them until they paid it. Milked a ton of dough.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larkitect

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:30 pm

HECK! wrote:
So I moved to Glen Falls, New York, and I tried to call you guys and see if you wanted to switch your long distance plans, that's my usual ice breaker.

:screw:

So I knew this guy who worked for this guerilla tele-marketing scheme that was taken down by the cops. I guess the game was they would call people, mostly the elderly, and say that they owe some kind of debt and wound hound them until they paid it. Milked a ton of dough.

-HECK!
so... is the banana thing for when i say 'yes' or 'no' to switching?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:01 am

I have no idea what the meaning of the banana is. It's best not to ask.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...   

Back to top Go down

i don't know anyone from glen falls new york...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1