HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7143
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Hexagon budget: $125

Whiskey budget: $2300

PS3 budget: $100

Car repair budget: $0

Doggie treat budget: $50

Sandy June Farmville budget: I don't know, but I think it's making us bankrupt.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 am

Whidden wrote:

Hahahahahaha.

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 am

People really buy stuff on Farmville? Dang.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah, facebook games can get expensive. The way they make them now you almost have to buy stuff unless you have a ton of friends to help complete missions. :/

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:01 pm

I sunk 600 bucks into Superhero City and I woke up one day and said "WTF am I doing?!??!!?!"

I drive a 700 dollar car and I sunk almost that much into a game with cheap 1991 graphics.

I beat the hell out of a lot of people though, that was fun. Not 600 bucks worth of fun, but it was good times. My cheapo paper doll toon was a bad ass. Thing that ruined it was I played for two years and after that time, all the players in my class had spent thousands. Some were into the 50,000 dollars range. I became weak. I finally saw the light and just gave it up.

Life is better without facebook me thinks.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 pm

I haven't put much money into facebook games but i have sunk some money into
Wizards 101. I figure on some level it's about the same as spending money to buy video games.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Right, game companies do that so you spend a dollar or whatever a go, and then you think you've gotten a bargain because the game itself is free.

HECK! and I have this game on PS3, DC Universe Online. Completely free now, but if you want some cooler features you need to pay for them. Good way to do business, I guess. Plenty of people will be happy with the free service, but they attract way more people to the game that way.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Superhero City screwed up because they let a lot of folks spend thousands, and then they got whooped by richer folks. It pissed people off.

Then it became whoever had the biggest bank account was the winner. After awhile it was just like "I'm rich and I can whoop your ass!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:10 pm

That does sound annoying. I guess they do that on purpose to get people to pay, but the result is only those who can or want to pay will play and thus there's no 'cannon fodder' for those who pay. So those who pay will play less.

Or something.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 pm

I don't think they had any clue themselves, they just accepted the checks. Then they sold it to EA.

THE HORROR!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:27 pm

I think that's the dream of most of these little game start-up things. They just want to get sold to one of the big game companies and cash a multi-million dollar check. Brilliant.

I read the guys who created Angry Birds had a bunch of games that failed horribly before they came out with Angry Birds. Just shows the hit-miss ratio I guess. I wish I could program computer games...

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I will write a book on how to play the game that you create. I will make mega millions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:45 am

My game business will go bankrupt right as you hit the best-seller list.

But don't worry, the exact same company will reappear 2 days later with a slightly different name.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 pm

As long as I make my millions and get some decent alcohol money, I don't care.

If I ever get to Taiwan or Thailand or Hong Kong, or wherever the hell it is you live, I will bring some Kentucky Deluxe, which goes for about 6 dollars a bottle and is the cheapest whiskey you can get legally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 pm

We have a whiskey that's about the same. I'm trying to figure out what the hell it's called... something comfort, I think...

I'll check when I'm in the shops later today.

Anyway, if you were to do that I'll take your Kentucky Deluxe bottle and fill it with something more expensive. Then give it to a scotch connoisseur and watch them turn their nose up at it.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:28 am

This is the cheapest we can get legally here:

There's this crap that my wife's uncles give me sometimes, it tastes like crap and I swear I can feel it killing brain cells as I drink it.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Man, drunk that I am, I want some of that stuff. I will have to check the local store and see if they have it. They might.

All kind of crap from Scotland in the boozery.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:17 am

I would be surprised if it's really from Scottland. It'd be cheaper to bottle it here and say its Scottish.

When I checked the price, it looks like it's about $7 a bottle now. I don't normally drink those ones though, I go for the pricey stuff. It's about $14.

I can get a liter of rice win for about 50 cents though. That's always a good way to get smashed. Not that I'd know: I couldn't drink it if I wanted to. But I see a lot of homeless people drinking it. Must be good.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Whidden wrote:
Hexagon budget: $125

Whiskey budget: $2300

PS3 budget: $100

Car repair budget: $0

Doggie treat budget: $50

Comedy.

The new business model is in-game purchases. Star Trek Online went from subscription based to free with in-game purchases, same as DC Universe. Zynga made this angle popular with Farmville, CityVille, etc. It's a trip.

I think about folks that play WoW, that's a monthly fee with in-game purchases. Yikes. But, if it's worth it, go for it. I don't play games nearly as much as I'd like to. I'd weigh 500 pounds and look like Howard Hughes near the end.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm

I will up your goal by going for the 600 pound Elvis look, early heart attach on a toilet and plenty of different color pills with my peanut butter and banana sammich.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Cheap scotch I drink, says it's imported from Scotland (I assume in some sort of barrel, be it wood or plastic or metal), but it also says bottled in New Jersey.

It bothers me some, till I get drunk, then I don't really care that much about it at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 pm

When I got my new year bonus last year I bought a bottle of Blue label Johnnie Walker. My wife drank it indiscriminately, so it didn't last long. I don't see myself blowing that kind of money on that kind of whiskey again. If I can find the empty bottle I may just fill it with Kentucky Bathwater or whatever it was called.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Yes!

Take cheap whiskey, put it in the high dollar bottles and even the so called experts think it's good.

That stuff tastes so nasty, no one can tell good from bad me thinks. Age it in a barrel ten years, put a very old name on it, do it in another country and all of a sudden the crap tastes good?

Bullocks! Poppycock! We are getting ripped off. That's why I get the cheapest rot gut stuff on the shelf and call it good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

Depends, really. Sometimes whiskey is so obviously bad it's nasty. But I have to admit I didn't like the Blue Label at all, I prefer the Green. Which works out good, because it's cheaper. Not that I can afford either. Kentucky Moonshine all the way...

Lately I've just been buying these Australian beers that the supermarket near me stocks. It just reminds me of home, so I can't help myself.

All this talk of alcohol of course is crucial to the creation of the new hexagon.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Working on foundation stones now.

Following is artists concept of The Hexagons Base structure.

It's going to take me ****ing forever to number all those stones in that order. I don't know why I didn't design it from number 1 and up instead of complex code like that. I really make myself angry sometimes.

Whiskey bar (cheap or expensive) will be somewhere in the south side of the grid. I don't want the sun to warm up the bar during summertime.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   

Back to top Go down

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next