HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7143
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Aight, I copy some stuff from Wiki so you low brains will understand. My Hexagon will be a magic hexagon. Deal with it:

Here is a proof sketch that no normal magic hexagons exist except those of order 1 and 3.
The magic constant M of a normal magic hexagon can be determined as follows. The numbers in the hexagon are consecutive, and run from 1 to . Hence their sum is a triangular number, namely

There are r = (2n − 1) rows running along any given direction (E-W, NE-SW, or NW-SE). Each of these rows sum up to the same number M. Therefore:

This can be rewritten as

Multiplying throughout by 32 gives

which shows that must be an integer. The only that meet this condition are and .

Abnormal magic hexagons

Although there are no normal magical hexagons with order greater than 3, certain abnormal ones do exist. In this case, abnormal means starting the sequence of numbers other than with 1. Arsen Zahray discovered these order 4 and 5 hexagons.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Whidden wrote:
Working on foundation stones now.

Following is artists concept of The Hexagons Base structure.

It's going to take me ****ing forever to number all those stones in that order. I don't know why I didn't design it from number 1 and up instead of complex code like that. I really make myself angry sometimes.

Whiskey bar (cheap or expensive) will be somewhere in the south side of the grid. I don't want the sun to warm up the bar during summertime.

This magic Hexagon system will work good me thinks. I will say "Attention! Last call for alcohol in Grid mini tile hexagon #68!!!"

Even stupid people will not be able to get lost in the Hexagon. Arrow

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9725
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:01 pm

You lost me at "foundation", I think.

Is that picture actual size? If so, that's a terrifyingly small hexagon.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Each hexagon square within the hexagon is two feet length. Do the math on that one and you will see the Hexagon is a massive construct. It would fit many many drunk people in it, with room to spare.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 am

Again, you lost me at "math". Then again, I'm definitely terrified.

Don't forget to file your work order and get your permits and such from the town council. I'm sure they're in the mail right now.

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 am

That McArthur's scotch (picture on the last page) is on special at the moment for about 5 bucks. I stared at the bottle longingly for about 15 minutes in the stores. Then left without buying one. Still, 5 bucks...

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 am

Something to consider when working on the Hexagon MKII

http://sofia.nmsu.edu/~breakingaway/Lessons/HP/HP.html

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 pm

I had a swig of Johnny Blue once. Goes for $200 a bottle here. Never had anything like it. Drank a lot of booze in my time. This shit was sublime. It was like drinking a warm blanket under a rainbow.

Felt a little sideways immediately. Loved it.

If I fall into a few bucks, I'd get a bottle.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 pm

i beat penatogns for bereakfast. deal.

no penataongs. hexA GONS DUMMIESI

DEAL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

Not liking pentagons is un-American.

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

how's the octagon coming?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   

Back to top Go down

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6