HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonna

Number of posts : 1172
Where I am : Here... where ever here is...
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:55 am

very true. ya know it's been pretty much one year since this forum was made. I checked the member list and the first of us became members on Jan 22.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7130
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:07 am

Yeah, we got a one year banner Gabo is going to pop up on the 22cd.

I subscribe to the old church split addage: The church isn't the building, or the name, or the legal documents that say it's a church. It is those things in part, but it's mostly the people that make up the church.

So, by those standards, I look at this one year anniversary as the five year anniversary as I include the Inreview time. (5 years is actually next may)

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonna

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:18 am

lemme think how longs it's been for me...ok forget thinking. I just went to INR and looked me up. It says I joined Dec 5 2004. So December made 3 yrs. I could have sworn I joined before that. Dec 2004 I was a junior in high school. I thought I joined when I was a sophomore.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, but you joined as Leossa, or something, then came back as Leonna. Did you go by the first name you signed up as?

Cause you were back with us in the insane thread with Becker way way back when.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonna

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:39 am

oh yeah!!!! lemme look that up! ok I registered March 19 2004! so that WAS the tail end of my sophomore year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:40 am

yeah, so in a couple of months, it's 4 years for you. That's pretty good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonna

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 am

i feel so special! i didn't realize my register date and my b-day were so close.... March 19 and March 26
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:11 am

Whidden wrote:

But yeah, I'm sure people will leave and come back, it seems to be something we like to do, visit with others online.

Well I was away fron INR for about a year and I found my way back.

Now you're all on my facebook, there's no getting away from me, I will stalk you all forever!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:33 am

woo hoo!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BratFlorida

Number of posts : 580
Where I am : Cape Coral FL
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:16 am

Leonna wrote:
HA! I'd love to see a pic of that! How old were you when you dressed up as a Orion slave girl?

I was about 22 when I did that. There had been a new interest in Star Trek for some reason, whether it was the movies or new series, and Trek always reminded me of being very little and curling up with Dad to watch it. I met someone who was part of this club, and went with him to the Halloween party, and took it as a personal challenge to make a costume that would be very recognizable to everyone. I was very drunk, very green, and won the costume contest. ROFL....looking back, I can't believe I went out in public like that, but hey, it was a ton of fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BratFlorida

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:44 am

Whidden wrote:
I don't remember ever seeing her with a camera. Except maybe in journalism class. Someone had one around there, but I don't remember it as being Amy.

Shoot though, all those high school memories were lost to beer induced cell loss years and years ago.

Remember coming over to my house for New Year's Eve? I'm sure my Mom took a picture or two, and that I have seen them in the last ten years. I will have to go dig deep to find that. I know someone had a camera in high school. I have a few pics of you, Fara, Stephanie, etc. You're right though David. High school was so long ago, it's hard to believe it happened. Were we REALLY that concerned about the silly crap that went on? Life seemed so simple then compared to now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Those pictures are priceless. You should post them here when you find them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BratFlorida

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:56 am

I will post them....I found a HUGE plastic tote of all my "pre-children" pics, and they'd have to be in there. I will start digging this week and see what I come up with... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:49 pm

The Hexagon destroyed by freak wind storm.

Sadly, the Hexagon took a major hit a week or so back, the victim of shoddy workmanship and a freak high wind thunderstorm.

It lay in ruins, and I worried about further collaspe onto the dogs if they got in it, so I took it down, and took the wood slats off it and made a fence around an area I'm going to made a huge crawdad pond in.

The new structure is more sturdy, and is more of an oblong trapizoid. It does not have the sheer gravitas of the Hexagon, and will be full of crawdads instead of an old sectional, but the spirit of the whole deal is still alive and going I guess.

Last edited by Whidden on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9698
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Long live the Oblong!

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Aye, a better crawdad haven has never before existed. The tasmalic power of the 5 sided oblong trapazoid will create a synergy of space and structure that will give these creatures a happy abode.

***Whidden leaves to take pictures.***

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:01 pm

Whidden wrote:
The use of nuclear weapons is authorised. pale

I built the HEXAGON tough. It can withstand a nuclear blast at close range, but I don't know if it will take a direct hit. I used woodscrews from ACE Hardware, and standard privacy fence slats from Lowes. So it's a hearty structure. If attacked, I shall retreat to the HEXAGON and move command headquarters to there.

Turns out this was an overstatement. The Hexagon turned out to be very flimsy, as I did not plant the posts, just let them ride on top of the ground. I was too lazy to use the post hole digger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:52 pm

I can't count. It's only 4 sides really. I can't count the wire fence part a side. I guess I can. I don't know, math is hard.

Right now there is a small crawdad pond, but I'm going to dig it up and make the whole inside part all pond.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:56 pm

I put it around so no kids would get in it and drown. The odds of that are so small, it's overkill on my part, but you never know.

Some kid might show up and try to swim in it or some rot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:02 pm

All remnants of the Hexagon were destroyed in the fire last August.

Sectional, privacy fence, all up in smoke.

Plans for a new Hexagon are underway. Voice I.D., Eye scan technology, invasive body searches before you can enter.

I plan to lie to the Obama administration and tell them I'm installing solar panels on the Hexagon. That will make me eligible for millions in government stimulus money.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Ever get that new hexagon up Whid?

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 pm

It sounds like the new hexagon will be an secret, underground facility. Totally hush, hush. Do not ask about the hexagon. You have been warned.

Just kidding, nothing will happen if you ask about the hexagon. That's just crazy talk.

So how's the hexa-

There no hexagon. Hexagon no exist. Silly talk about no exist hexagon, what for you silly? Hail exalted all powerful dear leader.

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 am

oh dear...

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Ground preparation has begun on the new Hexagon. The project will include bigger doggie doors. Sparky has put on a lot of weight and needs a larger entry way.

Wood siding has not been purchased yet. The project is already 35% over budget. It's questionable is local zoning laws will allow proper permits.

So the Hexagon will be an awesome retreat whiskey drinking fortress that is also AGAINST THE LAW. I take pride in that fact.

Code enforcement officers better bring warrants if they want to inspect The Hexagon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am

When your hexagons budget is probably $10, what's another three fiddy?

This is going to be epic. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Maybe change the hexagon to a dodecagon? But then that name's less intimidating...

PostSubject: Re: The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.   

Back to top Go down

The HEXAGON.........Be afraid, be very afraid.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next