HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cheney and Obama are distant cousins: Mrs. Cheney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Cheney and Obama are distant cousins: Mrs. Cheney   Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:58 am

Tue Oct 16, 6:01 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There's no sign of a family reunion planned, but U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama are distant cousins.

So says the vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, who said she discovered that her husband of 43 years is eighth cousins with the senator from Illinois.

The two men could hardly be more different. Cheney is an advocate for pursuing the war in Iraq to try to stabilize the country, while Obama wants to get U.S. troops out of Iraq.

Mrs. Cheney told MSNBC on Tuesday that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor ... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

The common ancestor was Mareen Devall, who the Chicago Sun-Times said was a 17th century immigrant from France.

Mrs. Cheney said she discovered the link through family research for her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," about growing up in Wyoming.

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Cheney and Obama are distant cousins: Mrs. Cheney   Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 am

Of course, I don't get it. I can see how she can find the link between Cheney and Mareen Devall, but how did she make the leap to discover that Obama is descended from this lady too? Weird.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1