HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Man accused of raping girl on tape arrested

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Man accused of raping girl on tape arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:09 am

Wednesday, October 17, 2007
AP

LAS VEGAS -- A fugitive accused of raping a 3-year-old girl on videotape was arrested quietly during a traffic stop, telling the officer, "I'm tired of running," police said.

Chester "Chet" Arthur Stiles, 37, was pulled over late Monday in Henderson, Nevada, for not having a license plate. He admitted his identity after police said his license looked suspicious.

"He said, 'I'm Chester Stiles, the guy you're looking for,"' Henderson police Officer Mike Dye said. "He said, 'I'm tired of running."'

Las Vegas police Capt. Vincent Cannito said Stiles has been wanted since Oct. 5 on warrants issued for 21 felony charges in connection with the acts seen on the videotape. The charges include lewdness with a minor, sexual assault and attempted sexual assault.

The videotape, found in the rural Nevada town of Pahrump last month, had prompted an equally intense search for the young girl who appeared in it. Police with little to go on had encouraged news organizations to broadcast the haunting image of the 3-year-old. When the now-7-year-old was found on Sept. 28, authorities shifted their resources to finding Stiles.

Dye said he stopped Stiles' vehicle -- a white sedan with no license plates -- on Monday evening on a busy thoroughfare just outside Las Vegas.

Stiles, who had been portrayed by authorities as a dangerous, knife-wielding survivalist, provided an expired California drivers license with a photo that Dye said looked "suspicious."

"The picture on the license didn't quite match the gentleman in the vehicle," Dye said.

After further questioning, the officer said Stiles revealed his true name. Dye said Stiles cooperated and did not resist. Dye called for backup, and another officer arrived to handcuff Stiles.

Stiles was booked at the Clark County jail. He had not yet hired a lawyer or been assigned a court date, police said.

Stiles was already wanted on state and federal warrants in a case alleging he groped a 6-year-old girl in 2003.

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Man accused of raping girl on tape arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 am

He'll get his in prison, and the circle will be complete.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1