HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Borat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Borat!   Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:11 am

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Though you cringe your way through about half of it, the other half you're left in stitches. The part that sticks in my mind the most was when he sung the Kazakhstan national anthem to the tune of the American anthem at the hillbilly convention (that's what it was right?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:26 pm

I don't know WHY there is all this attention on this movie. Makes me think about that show, that became a movie... Jackass... for some reason. Even though they are not the same, it just seemed to have that sort of following.

When they showed a clip of it during the grammys, I laughed my ass off. He was walking in some foreign country, and a camera is following him. He said something about this girl, who is his sister, and he starts making out with her. I was busting up.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:25 am

"This is may sisdah, she is number two prostitute in all kazakhstan." - that's just hilarious.

I hate jackass. It's kind of fascinating, for a minute or so, when you think about all the dumb crap they'll do... but honestly, it's not entertaining. I found Borat funny, at least. I guess there's a lot of hype around it, which probably would lessen a lot of people's views of it, but it was thoroughly entertaining. I spent a lot of my time wondering if half the stuff he did was real or if the people we was with were in on it. The part with Pamela in particular had me wondering...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm

I don't know where all the hype for Borat came from. It's like one day, out of no where, everyone was talking about this movie. Has the character of Borat been around from something else?

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Yeah, he was in Da Ali G show. I always found him funny, but I guess I found Ali G funnier. Aiiiiigh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:47 pm

Ummmmm, don't know who/what Ali G is.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 am

Ali G interviewing the Beckhams

^ that's the same guy that plays Borat; he had his own show for a fair few years, and he's huge in Britain. I think he's awesome.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:24 pm

gaboman wrote:
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Though you cringe your way through about half of it, the other half you're left in stitches. The part that sticks in my mind the most was when he sung the Kazakhstan national anthem to the tune of the American anthem at the hillbilly convention (that's what it was right?).

Agreed, I thought this movie was damn funny. A few parts that even I was like- dude. Still though, an absolute riot.

Rodeo, hillbillly convention, either way. Actually there are about 3-5 southern states that are giant hillbilly conventions. Anything below the Mason-Dixon line really.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Yeah, Da Ali G show was on HBO. Basically it's a one man semi-improv show starring Sacha Baron Cohen (sp?) who dresses up as different characters and goes places or interviews people. Borat was one of those characters. Ali G was another and there was a guy named Bruno, too. He was never out of character.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdboy4u

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Sun May 06, 2007 8:04 pm

i think Ali G is really funny but i dont think hes that funny when hes Borat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bdboy4u.pureforum.net/portal.htm
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Sun May 06, 2007 11:54 pm

I think Ali G is a lot funnier than Borat too, particularly when he's interviewing people on the show. The Ali G movie was funny, but I did laugh harder through the Borat movie.

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:48 pm

Ali G is great. Bruno is damn funny. I thought on Da Ali G Show that Borat was the least likely character to have a movie that would work. I was pleasantly surprised. Dope, hilarious flick.

The Bruno movie should be comedy too.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borat!   

Back to top Go down

Borat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Movies :: Comedy-