HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Novelist Levin Dies at Age 78

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Novelist Levin Dies at Age 78   Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:48 pm

Legendary playwright and novelist Ira Levin has died. He was 78. The writer - who saw many of his works turned into major Hollywood movies - died of natural causes on Monday at his home in New York. Levin is most famous for writing the novel Rosemary's Baby, which was made into the 1968 film of the same name, directed by Roman Polanski. He will also be remembered for writing The Stepford Wives - first adapted for the big screen in 1975 and then remade again in 2004 in a version which starred Nicole Kidman. Levin wrote on a variety of genres throughout his career and sold millions of books worldwide, despite only producing seven novels in 40 years; he also penned the hit Broadway play Deathtrap, later made into a movie starring Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve. He leaves behind three sons, Adam, Jared and Nicholas, by his first wife Gabrielle Aronsohn, who he divorced in 1968. He divorced second wife, Phyllis Finkel, in 1981

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Novelist Levin Dies at Age 78   Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Very sad. The Stepford Wives and Rosemary's Baby are both masterpieces. Rosemary's Baby is probably one of my top 5 books (and is the basis for my all time favorite movie). He really was a genius of literary horror.

Novelist Levin Dies at Age 78
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1