HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Mist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: The Mist   Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:22 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/themist/

The Mist, alternately known as Stephen King's The Mist, is a 2007 American horror film based on the 1980 novella The Mist by Stephen King. The film is written and directed by Frank Darabont, who had previously adapted Stephen King's work and had been interested in adapting The Mist for the big screen since the 1980s. With an ensemble cast including Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Toby Jones, and Andre Braugher, Darabont began filming The Mist in Shreveport, Louisiana in February 2007. The director revised the ending of the film to be darker than the novella's ending, a change to which Stephen King was amicable. Unique creature designs were also sought to differ from creatures in past films.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm

I was almost going to see this, even though I don't do horror movies, the trailer looked cool.

However, there are a lot of news articles about "the ending", and how horrific it was, so I sought out some spoilers and read what happens, and then, it being Thanksgiving, took a nap.

Well, I had nightmares of course just reading about it. So I won't be seeing the movie.

But when some of you do, I wouldn't mind hearing what you thought about the super secret spoiler ending, an ending that wasn't in the book, but the director put in. King gave his O.K. for it.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Secret surprise ending eh? I'll have to see it... it may be interesting. Quite honestly, I didn't like the book. It was kind of tedious. I know a lot of King is, but this one was just way too much with very little pay off. There's some mist. There's some tenticles. Whoopie.

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Don't forget the standard religious nut that wants to sacrifice someone or something. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:16 pm

You can just imagine Stephen King has this big board with magnetized words on it. Then he randomly moves the magnets to one side of the board to form the basis for his stories.

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:51 am

The ending is what I would describe as horrific, so you would probably dig it.

Just reading it, I found it a terrible ending, an unhappy ending, but it's a horror movie, so that's the ending they went for. I don't plan of seeing it as I don't go for that kind of deal. I like a happy ending or at least some level of general malaise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:40 pm

I prefer happy endings for the most part, but sometimes an unhappy ending makes a movie. Arlington Road comes to mind; brilliant movie, absolutely devestating ending.

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 am

I saw this recently. I HATED the ending to the book, I cannot stand endings where you're left going "but ... what happens next", so I hated the book, the movie ending was more of a resolution and pretty unexpected.
They were pretty faithful to the book, which I hadn't read in quite some time, and apart from the ending, I thought it was a good story.
The lady who plays the religious nut was really good, all the actors were really good.
But it wasn't scary in the slightest, the CG and puppetry for the tentacles was a bit lame, the gore was done well, but didnt give me bad dreams at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I've been meaning to watch it since it was first released. I think I downloaded it at one point but by then was like 'meh'. I do wanna see it.

PostSubject: Re: The Mist   

Back to top Go down

The Mist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1