HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Associated Press

OMAHA, Neb. - A man with a rifle opened fire at a busy shopping mall Wednesday, killing eight people before taking his own life. Five more people were wounded, two critically.

Shoppers and employees ran screaming through the mall and barricaded themselves in dressing rooms after hearing gunfire. The gunman was found dead on the third floor of the Von Maur department store.

Kevin Kleine, 29, who was shopping with her 4-year-old daughter, said she hid in a dressing room with four other shoppers and an employee.

"My knees rocked. I didn't know what to do, so I just ran with everybody else," Kleine said.

Keith Fidler, a Von Maur employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more rounds. Fidler said he huddled in the corner of the men's clothing department with about a dozen other employees until police yelled to get out of the store.

A witness, Shawn Vidlak, said he heard four or five rapid shots "like a nail gun." At first he thought it was noise from construction work going on at the mall.

"People started screaming about gunshots," Vidlak said. "I grabbed my wife and kids we got out of there as fast as we could."

Shortly after the shooting, a group of shoppers came out of the building with their hands raised. Some were still holding shopping bags.
President Bush was in town Wednesday for a fundraiser in Omaha, but left about an hour before the shooting.

The sprawling, three-level mall has more than 135 stores and restaurants, according to the Web site for General Growth Properties, the manager of the mall. It gets 14.5 million visitors every year, according to the Web site.
------

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Dammit, can't the crazies wait until after the holidays to shoot up the mall. What the F.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Insane... something's gotta be done to stop this shit from happening, I swear. I'm not talking gun control 'cause that's a pipe dream, but some sort of regulation. Like nutballs should be given slingshots instead of rifles.

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 am

Authorities: Mall shooter left suicide note

A gunman who killed eight people then himself Wednesday afternoon at an Omaha, Nebraska, shopping mall, left a suicide note at his home indicating that he wanted to "go out in style," authorities said. Witnesses reported hearing some 40 shots. full story

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 am

That's the guy? Shit. I refuse to get shot by a douche. Refuse.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:28 am

I know, aye. You just wish someone'd taken a look at him and just beaten the punk down.

Very sad that a loser such as this could have access to a firearm. Quite honestly, though, I know some kids at my school who'd have done the same thing if they had a gun at their disposal.

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:32 pm

I knew a guy in high school who was probably on the verge of doing this.

Then he got a girlfriend.

No one liked seeing them make out all the time though. But hey, better than getting shot

........maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunman kills at least 8 at Omaha mall   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1