HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kosova Independance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Kosova Independance   Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 am

Okay, so Kosova has declared independance, against the wishes of China and Russia. This site (http://www.kosovothanksyou.com/) lists the Countries that has recognized Kosova since the declaration.

I post it because, interestingly, Taiwan was on the list however was since removed due to protests from people E-Mailing from China (and apparently Taiwan, but I doubt it). Basically, the Chinese believe we don't have the right to recognize the Country.

That statement just makes my head spin.

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:40 am

Oh, and if you saw the hot little number, Condi Rice's speech on the issue... when she was going on about it not setting a precedant, she was talking to Taiwan in a round-about way. It's nice to be recognized while not being recognized.

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

So, lets see if Ive got this right. China doesnt recognize Taiwan as a nation, therefore China doesnt recognize Taiwans ability to recognize another nation. Somebody better tell them to RECOGNIZE! <---- pronounced with urban accent , emphasized with neck moving side to side
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Word!

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:02 pm

Once again we got Russin trying to convince Europe and itself that it's not an impotent redundant superpower when in truth we know it is. This situation is the same as Ukraine and all those other ex soviet states that have defied Russia and went for a western lifestyle. Russia did nothing to stop this whole Blakans conflict and it could have, it offered no help or assistance in the NATO missions and dod nothing in the elctions or redrawing of the area and now it wants a voice because it risks losing another state it can bully well tough. What Russia is scared of is Georgia decideing it wants full independence and a western approach to life, now maybe jujst maybe Russia needs ro ask it's self why these former states are turning thier back on Russia after all they do have a choice.

Of course thats not to say this a risky startegy, of course if it works and Kosovo becomes stable and certain states try not to take it then the whole region will regain stability if though Kosovo collapses on itself the results for the the region don't bear thinking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 am

Russia and China are just way too big. It works just fine and dandy with Countries like the US and Canada, where the left hand is aware of what the right hand is doing... but for others like the two I mentioned above... it's just a right old mess.

PostSubject: Re: Kosova Independance   

Back to top Go down

Kosova Independance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: News and Hot Topics :: Breaking News-
Jump to: