HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Dozens of San Diego State University students were arrested after a sweeping drug investigation found that some fraternity members openly dealt drugs and one even sent a mass text message advertising cocaine, authorities said Tuesday.
Two kilograms of cocaine were seized, along with 350 Ecstasy pills, marijuana, psychedelic mushrooms, hash oil, methamphetamine, illicit prescription drugs, several guns and at least $60,000 in cash, authorities said.
Of the 96 people arrested, 75 were students. Eighteen of the students were arrested Tuesday when nine search warrants were executed at various locations including fraternities, said Jesse Rodriguez, San Diego County assistant district attorney.

The undercover probe, dubbed Operation Sudden Fall, was sparked by the cocaine overdose death of a student in May 2007, authorities said. As the investigation continued, another student, from Mesa College, died Feb. 26 of a cocaine overdose at an SDSU fraternity house, the DEA said.
Those arrested included a student who was about to receive a criminal justice degree and another who was to receive a master's degree in homeland security.

"A sad commentary is that when one of these individuals was arrested, they inquired as (to) whether or not his arrest and incarceration would have an effect on him becoming a federal law enforcement officer," said Ralph Partridge, special agent in charge of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in San Diego.

Some defendants were scheduled to appear in state court to face charges Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Yet more proof why UCSD is smarter than SDSU. Why would you send a mass text message advertising your drug sell? Pfft doi. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 6:35 pm

There was a teaser on the radio today, it went something like ''75 arrested for illicit drugs at a local college''. It was the first I had heard of it. Sherry says ''I wonder what college it was''. I very matter of factly state '' Point Loma Nazarene''. Heehee, it must really suck being married to the worlds biggest smart ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 8:00 pm

You are a total smart ass, Ron. PtLN. Too funny. I would have been shocked to hear it was that school. No, SDSU doesn't surprise me. Though, that's sad... because it's one of our universities. It's our city. Bad publicity.

I had to laugh as I read that two of the arrested students were getting degrees to work in CJ and Homeland Security. Neither will ever get a job in law enforcement. That's a huge blow to their education. And to their parents as well.

I hope that this will cause people to really stop and think about doing drugs. But, it will probably just cause 'em to go underground with things even more.

gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 8:34 pm

I guess it sucks for them, but they made their bed and now they're gotta lie in it, ya know? Especially if you're planning on getting into law enforcement of some kind, you've gotta be either more careful or more law abiding.

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Right! They are totally getting what they deserve. It's just sad, for the parents (if they paid for their kids educations) and know that they can't do anything with them. Well, there are things that they could do... but, they will have a record now.

gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Private security or something, I reckon. They'll land on their feet.

Number of posts : 2298
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 pm

The sad thing is that some people will want to go to SDSU because it is a party school.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Well, SDSU has been ranked, in the top 5 party schools, for years. I remember when we were #3, and everyone was SOOOOOO proud of that. I couldn't believe it.

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 11:47 am

I remember when they did a sweep at my high school. They arrested like 50 people ( many of which I knew ). Totally cleaned up the school, for......... like ................ a week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 11:53 am

They did that at my high school too. Brought in an undercover student. How did no one notice? I have no clue. But they only got a handful of people. On a different occassion, the entire tennis team got arrested for smoking weed on the bus going or returning from a tournament. Coach too. HAW HAW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 pm

If only Id have known. Maybe I wouldve tried out for the tennis team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh yeah... Kearny HS got hit, hard. There were tons of kids arrested. The chick they brought in (undercover cop) looked like she was 17 years old. No one suspected a darn thing.

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 pm

The undercover cop at Helix was in my electronics class. I even remember his name, Brad. Dude looked 30. He claimed to have transferred from somewhere or another. We used to tease him about being a 30 year old undercover cop. Suddenly everybody got busted (including a couple of guys in my electronics class) and Brad transferred the same day. Even bunch of dumb High schoolers could figure that one out. The fact that he wasnt in the annual confirmed it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Wed May 07, 2008 4:51 pm

I would NOT want to be an undercover cop at a high school THESE days. Kids are CRAZY! If they found out your identity you'd be dead for sure. I even had qualms about being a hs teacher (my 2nd career choice). But I think I'd still like to do it considering i'd be teaching nerds more than likely. Although sometimes it's the nerdy quiet ones that you should fear most Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 am

Illuminate wrote:
Yet more proof why UCSD is smarter than SDSU. Why would you send a mass text message advertising your drug sell? Pfft doi. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, no one smoked weed at UCSD. Comedy.

I think the kids at UCSD are just smarter... at not getting caught.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 pm

I never said we didn't smoke. I just said we're smarter. so SHUTTIEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   Tue May 13, 2008 4:11 pm

You know how Heck is, Karla... always changing words around. Wink

Obviously, he didn't attend UCSD! Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust   

Back to top Go down

75 SDSU students arrested in drug bust
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1