HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

John McCain: the nightmare ticket

Go down 
AuthorMessage
farala

Number of posts : 221
Where I am : Buckingham
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: John McCain: the nightmare ticket   Wed May 21, 2008 5:16 pm

How impossible do you think it would be for McCain to pick Hilary as his running mate? As much as I hate the idea, I definitely think it is a possibility. I mean it makes sense. For one, McCain has to know, that many in the Republican party are at best lukewarm about his candidacy. In fact, many have said they either won't vote or they won't vote for him. He would have all those Hilary supporters to practically ensure a win. Also, he has along history of "reaching across the aisle". And, he has said in the past that Hilary would make a good president.

It also makes a little sense for Hilary to accept. First, you know she probably would love to punish Obama. This was supposed to be her race to win and he "stole" that from her. Second, let's face it, there is a good chance with McCain's age that he will become unable to fulfill his duties either through death or illness. That would put Hilary right in the Oval Office. Even if that fails to happen, she could use her husband's strategy of riding on the Republican's coattails, taking credit for everything, and coast in in 2012, or 2016.

This just my theory, but to me it makes alot of sense. But then, when have politicians ever made sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9729
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: John McCain: the nightmare ticket   Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 am

farala wrote:
This was supposed to be her race...
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to play the 'race' card Mad

McCain rocks. They should make a movie of his time in Korea. Or was it Vietnam? Hmmm... may have been Nazi Germany.

Number of posts : 221
Where I am : Buckingham
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: John McCain: the nightmare ticket   Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 pm

It was Viet Nam. And I respect him alot for what he went through over there. Being a prisoner of war and being tortured. Wow! I know I probably (okay, defintely wouldn't have been able to hold the line under torture. McCain did. Of course, I respect him.

However, you can respect a man's service to this country, and still not think he would make a good president. My father-in-law was a POW during WWII, in Italy. From what I understand, he escaped, and hid with a family until he could get home. I am not really sure of the details, by the time I met him, he was a crazy old pervert. Trust me you would not have wanted this man as president. The state of the union speech alone would have lasted for days.

Anyway, at this time, I wasn't talking about his desirability as president. I honestly believe that a McCain/Clinton ticket would be a smart move on his part. Sure it would be the probably be the last straw for most conservative Reps., (of which I am one.) but most aren't gung ho for McCain anyway. I believe the moderate Reps., Inds., and conservative Dems, who are McCains biggest supporters would really get behind this idea.

You jokingly talk about the race card. Many women (no,not me)have complained about the sex card. They are very angry that there will likely not be a woman president yet. Many have already said that they would vote for McCain over Obama... all I am saying, is how much more likely would that be with Hilary as his V.P.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John McCain: the nightmare ticket   

Back to top Go down

John McCain: the nightmare ticket
Page 1 of 1