HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Thu May 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Eddie Murphy to return as "Beverly Hills Cop"
Thursday May 29 4:32 PM ET

If Indiana Jones can make a successful comeback after almost 20 years, why not the Beverly Hills Cop?

Paramount Pictures has given the go-ahead for a fourth installment of its "Beverly Hills Cop" franchise, with Eddie Murphy on board to return to the role that launched his movie career, the studio said on Thursday.

Brett Ratner, the filmmaker behind the similarly themed "Rush Hour" movies starring Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, is in negotiations to direct the latest "Beverly Hills Cop" adventure, a Paramount spokesman said.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("Transformers") will produce.

The film is expected to begin filming next year for a summer 2010 release.

According to Daily Variety, it was Murphy, 47, who approached the Viacom Inc-owned studio about reviving the film series in which he plays a Detroit police detective, Axel Foley, who ends up chasing crooks in Beverly Hills, California.

The original 1984 film and its two sequels, the last of which opened in 1994, collectively grossed more than $735 million in theaters worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo. The first movie alone took in over $316 million globally.

The decision to make "Beverly Hills Cop IV" follows Paramount's success with the revival of its "Indiana Jones" franchise after 19 years. The fourth film in that series, "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," opened last Thursday and grossed nearly $152 million in its first five days in domestic release.

Murphy's last two films, the live-action comedy "Norbit" and the animated storybook satire "Shrek the Third," in which he supplied the voice of a talking donkey, grossed $159 million and $799 million worldwide, respectively, according to Box Office Mojo.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Thu May 29, 2008 11:31 pm

First one was dope. Second was okay. Third was shit.

Who knows about a sequel. I am just getting tired of fucking remakes and decades old sequels.

Die Hard, Rambo, Rocky, Indy, etc...

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 am

These old fuddy duddys have realised there's money to be made with their old franchise, 'cause people loved the whole mindless bang-bang-ha-ha movies of the 80's.

I have to say though, despite them all being tired old franchises

Rocky Balboa was awesome
Rambo was awesome
Die Hard 4.0 (as it is called here) was awesome
Indiana Jones is undecided
Beverly Hills Cop will probably suck ass. Eddie Murphy isn't that funny anymore. It'll probably be like a fucked up version of Metro.

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 am

I was going to post about this in the "Coming Soon, Another unneccesary Sequel thread". I can't see this being any good. Eddie Murphy hasn't done anything good in ages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:13 am

‘Beverly Hills Cop 4’ May Be Geared Towards Kids, Says Brett Ratner
Published by Shawn Adler on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 4:11 pm.

Eddie Murphy in 'Beverly Hills Cop'With the recent announcement that Brett Ratner would be directing a fourth “Beverly Hills Cop” movie 15 years after his last big-screen adventure, we wanted to know, where exactly is Axel Foley these days?

“Probably in Detroit,” laughed Ratner, who is currently working with star Eddie Murphy on Foley’s fourth big-screen adventure, where he will no doubt once again find himself improbably making his way back to the California coast.

And why not? Rambo did it. So did John McClane. Indiana Jones is doing it right now. There’s no doubt that it’s been the year of the aging action star. That makes it the perfect time to reintroduce the character to a whole new audience, Ratner insisted.

“We’re trying to revitalize the franchise. He was one of my favorite movie characters of all-time, Axel Foley, by far the coolest movie character,” he said. “It’s an honor to be able to direct another ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ film.”

Revitalize doesn’t mean re-invent, of course, but surely an update or two would be necessary to bring the character into the 21st Century. Fans (and I’m speaking as one), generally don’t mind that. Then again, an Indiana Jones who doesn’t do anything at all during the last half of a movie, or a John McClane who doesn’t bleed or curse ain’t exactly our cup of mother-(gun shot) tea either.

Each of the previous three “Cop” movies were rated R, and Murphy’s machine gun mouth, which spewed expletive after expletive in those days, was as much a part of the character as anything else. Surely, his swearing wouldn’t be lost in the translation?

Maybe. When asked what is biggest challenge would be, Ratner seemed to indicate that his new film would be geared towards a very PG audience.

“10-year-old kids, 12-year-old kids don’t really know the old ‘Beverly Hills Cop.’ So it’s an opportunity to make it new for kids,” Ratner said. “The same way it felt for me watching ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ when I was a kid, that’s what I want to do for kids today.”

We can only hope that means, “Shocked and titillated by obscene filth.”

Ratner said “Beverly Hills Cop 4” won’t start filming for at least a year.

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah, this is going to suck.

You have to wonder about them reviving all these old franchises? I mean a while back everybody was sick of sequels, and now they're doing sequels of shit that's so old nobody can even remember seeing it the first time around... so when are we gonna get sick of it? So far, I'm not... but I haven't seen Indy yet, so I'll wait til after that before I decide if I'm sick of it or not.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16 am

Total piece. Geared toward kids? Axel Foley busted a fuckin' cocaine ring and had someone shot in the head in the first 15 minutes.

Is Murphy just doing kids movies now?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:02 am

Dude can't get out of the funk, either. There'll probably be some 10 year old side kick following him around, and who's talking more smack than he is.

PostSubject: Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)   

Back to top Go down

Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)
Page 1 of 1