HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:16 am

A Mossad agent fakes his death so he can re-emerge in New York City as a hair stylist.

Seriously, if this wasn't Adam Sandler, I probably wouldn't bother.

Even so, I'm waiting for the video.

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:50 am

He looks like he used Zoolander as the inspiration for his character from the previews I've seen. I wasn't that into Zoolander and can only stomach so much Adam Sandler so this probably isn't the movie for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:08 pm

I love Zoolander. Best Ben Stiller movie ever, hands down.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 am

I hated Zoolander. And this movie looks bad.

Does it seem like Sandler and Myers are really reaching as the Apatow crew is rising up in the comedy ranks?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:19 am

The new Myers flick with that guru whatsie looks hilarious. But no doubt his next move will be to revisit Austin Powers. I'm sure the studios are BEGGING for it... lame asses.

Apatow is good, but not brilliant. Not much comedy out there that I like at the moment, but I'm looking forward to Ghost Town (this year) and This Side of Truth (next year). Also Zak and Miri, of course, but I dunno about that one.

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 am

Oh, bro, that guru thing looks like a shitball covered in super shit. It's like Myers is trying out his same old schtick with yet a new character.

Honestly, the 'Wayne's World' movies had some of the same humor as the 'Austin Powers' flicks because, well, it's Mike Myers. Between those five movies, come on. Now he's a guru. Same jokes. Over it.

It's like seeing the same SNL characters, or at least varitations thereof, over and over again for two hours.

Same with Sandler. He has used all his hits. It's over. I could not give a shit about this Zohan flick. Oh yeah, Rob Schneider is in it too, wow. Those two other douches that are in every movie with you are in it? Yawn.

Anyway, Zak & Miri is a Kevin Smith flick...

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 am

Zak and Miri is indeed a Kevin Smith flick. I won't say it'll brilliant, but the amount of nudity in it is said to be quite high, so I'll undoubtedly dig it just for that.

This Zohan movie couldn't look stupider.

I can see what you mean about Mike Myer's Guru movies, but I love movies that take the shit out of things other people take so seriously. Especially when it's the kind of lame crap people like the Beatles and Madonna love.

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:22 pm

I like that the Guru blesses people by saying "Mariska Hargitay" haha. I think I'll rent it, atleast. I like Mike Meyers.

And mr. heck, if you're so anti Zohan, why'd you add it to your netflix. HMMM. I don't wanna see it either actually. BUT MAYBE i'll rent it too. we can make fun of it and hate it together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Illuminate wrote:
And mr. heck, if you're so anti Zohan, why'd you add it to your netflix.
BUSTED!

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Adding it to Netflix means I don't want to pay for it in the theater. Shit, I sat through that Brothers Solomon piece.

Zohan could be kinda funny, I don't know.

I just see the trailer and think, have I outgrown Adam Sandler?

Don't get me wrong, you guys know I love dick and fart joke wacky premise movies. I just think that Sandler is just boring now. He's a funny dude, but just doing the same silly shit with a different haircut. Now that I type it, I guess he always has. But he looked and acted exactly the same in Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore even. I am such a fool.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:09 am

I like busting heck, it's my favorite past time Smile

Sometimes it seems like it could be funny though. I'll definitely rent it. I just haven't read anything that says "surprisingly hilarious" or even "somewhat good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)   

Back to top Go down

You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1