HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Off Topic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 pm

I have 2 kids. Holy crap, I thought we were facebook friends but now I'm scared that I'm confusing you with someone else...

Number of posts : 857
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:24 pm

No, we're facebook friends but I'm not on too often. I know for sure that your oldest is a daughter, but I don't know anything about the second. Girl or boy, how old?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Girl, 3 years old. They look very much alike so it's possible to confuse them.

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 pm

There's another forum that I go on and read, even though I'm not a member. It's a Days of Our Lives forum. It's been down for the last week and a half for maintenance and it's already two days past its own deadline for when it will be back up and running.

Thank you to Gaboman for this forum never being down cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

It's actually just perpetually going to be here because of the service I used.

You can gossip about Days of Our Lives here... I can't imagine anybody's going to read it or care, but stranger things have happened.

So is Days of Our Lives still a thing then? Is Doctor Drake Romero still on it after he fell down that elevator shaft and ended up in a coma? Yeah, everything I know about that show is from Friends.

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Oh yeah, it's SO still a thing bounce I believe we're on 54 years of good soapy drama.

I'm glad that things are finally moving along with the Abby-has-split-personalities story. A good story can be ruined by being drawn out for way too long. Her main personality is locked in a room in her brain and is trying to get out.

I'm not happy that every person that Hope talks to wants her to forgive Rafe and keep their marriage intact. The news about him sleeping with someone else came out the morning after they got married, and now she wants an annulment. Sure he didn't technically cheat on her because Rafe slept with Sami during the 12 hours that he and Hope had called off their engagement, but the lying about it was enough cause for Hope to be legitimately hurt by him. Let the woman be hurt! Please stop telling her that she's making a huge mistake by leaving him! SOMEONE, please be on her side. I want at least one person to stop telling her how much she loves Rafe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:06 pm

I didn't watch Days of Our Lives when Friends was on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made some mention of his character. They like to poke fun at themselves. Two recent examples:

Ciara left town for a while and when she came back she was played by a different actress. The prior actress was subdued and the new actress's first scene was very over-the-top in-your-face. After she left the scene the other characters said, "Wow, Ciara's like a whole new person now."

The actress who plays Eve took a hiatus from Days and was acting on a different soap opera for a while. I think it was One Life to Live. When she came back to Days, Brady had a private investigator look into her. He came back saying that she'd been living in Pennsylvania under the false name of Blair, which was her character's name.

If I remember right, there were some scenes shown in Friends of Dr. Drake talking to Hope. Oh please let there be footage somewhere from Days of him in the background in a lab coat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Hahaha nah, it was a made-up character that Joey played. At least I'm pretty sure it was. It would be the best if that actually made it into the show.

That one PI looking into the character's past is awesome. There was something sort of similar on the new Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix show where they called back How I Met Your Mother.

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

I like it when writers do that. It's like a wink to the fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Pippin wrote:
I'm getting married this fall and it's going to be a small party. It's just close family and close friends. I come from a very big family and if I invited everyone that I liked from just my family it would be over 100 people. We can't afford the catering and bar for that many people, plus I just don't want that big of a crowd. It seemed easier and kinder to just not invite most of the family instead of making it obvious that I was picking certain cousins over others.

The other day one of my cousins told me to not forget to put her invitation in the mail. I had to tell her the news that none of the cousins are invited. I think she's upset with me and has been frosty to me the times that I've seen her in town since then.

On the other hand, how presumptuous. I can understand asking if she was invited, or mentioning that she hoped she was invited, but to tell me to send her an invitation was bad form.

Update: I felt bad, so when two guests said they couldn't come, I used their seats to invite this cousin who told me to invite her, and I just got back her response card saying that she isn't coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic   

Back to top Go down

Off Topic
Page 43 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43