HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:38 pm

What can I tell you that you haven't heard already.

This movie is great. Heath Ledger owned the screen as The Joker. Yup and yup.

Standing in line I thought there was no way 'The Dark Knight' could live up to the hype. I kept telling myself so I wasn't disappointed.

With the untimely passing of Heath Ledger, this film became so much more; a swan song for an up-and-coming, Oscar contending actor.

Not to mention we're coming off of a great summer for comic book movies. Iron Man. The Incredible Hulk. Both rocked.

Director Christopher Nolan revived the Batman franchise with Batman Begins a few years ago and we expected the same if not better with the sequel. Joel Schumacher had anally raped the caped crusaders legacy and left us not wanting more. Nolan changed that. Could he do it again?

There was no way The Dark Knight could live up the hype.

I went to the midnight showing. Fourteen screens, all sold out.

The movie began, grabbed a hold of me, and didn't let go.

I fucking loved it.

The story was engaging. The character struggle was woven in the plot with such precision. It didn't feel like a comic book movie, because it wasn't. It was every part a crime drama, and tragedy. Make no mistake, there is no happy ending. Nothing is right in Gotham City ever again.

The characters leapt off the screen. Morgan Freedman as Lucious Fox, Michael Caine as Alfred, and Gary Oldman as Lt. Gordon are excellent. Christian Bale seemed so much more comfortable this time around as Bruce Wayne and Batman. Maggie Gyllenhaal was great, replacing the vacant stare and sideways talking Katie Holmes as Wayne's wannabe sweetheart Rachel. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent was a welcome surprise, I can't imagine anyone else delivering the way he did.

As great as each performance was, there was one person who was lost inside his part. The buzz is true. Heath Ledger became The Joker. More than once I stared at his face and tried to see the guy from A Knight's Tale. Couldn't do it. The man was flawless. His take on this villan makes Jack Nicholson's Joker look like Caesar Romero. This Joker was sadistic, vile, creepily funny, powerful, maniacal, intelligent, and bat fucking nuts. Nothing he did or said was without design. His motives are only apparent to himself. He is deceptively simple and chaotic. When the Joker told Batman "I could do this forever," I said aloud, "I wish."

The only down point was knowing that once The Joker left the screen, he was gone for good. It's probably for the best. There is no topping this performance.

The movie isn't without a few flaws, but nothing that is worth mentioning.

And it's not for the kids who only know Batman from the cartoons. The Dark Knight is gritty, raw, real.

Few movies live up to expectation. Fewer movies get it right. The Dark Knight did both.

Without question I give this movie an A+. I can't wait to see it again.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 am

If he replaces Ledger as the Joker for the next movie, I reckon it'll be the last thing Chris Nolan does. Replacing Katie Holmes is like 'whatever', but I have a feeling if they tried that with the Joker the next movie will be universally panned.

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:44 pm

good news: Heath Ledger isn't really dead.

I saw him at Dunkin Donuts earlier this evening with Hunter S. Thompson. It's true. I swear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Holy shitballs, I'm going to that Dunkin Donuts tonight. Get my glaze on.

I hope Tupac is tehre, too.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Tupac hangs out at the In & Out over in long beach.

PostSubject: Re: HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'   

Back to top Go down

HECK! Has His Ass Kicked By 'The Dark Knight'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Movies :: INRJ Movie Reviews-
Jump to: