HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:27 am

It was probably just like 'The Dark Knight' - the cinema experience - except like a million billion feet wife and 8 stories tall. But that made it all the more doper.

The movie opens with a scene that was released out to audiences late last year, where the Joker and his cronies rob a bank. The joker eventually takes them out one-by-one. At the time this footage was released I was all geeked out that we got a whole 10 minutes of movie before the rest of the movie came out... turns out this is but a prelude to a much longer story.

So without going into too much detail: good movie, good direction, good acting, fantastic make up. Two-face looked beyond awesome (and got a lot more screen time than I'd originally heard, which is great). The Joker and Two Face were truly scary villains in this version of Batman. There were a few moments that could almost be called 'campy' with the Joker (nurses outfit?) but those just made him all the more terrifying.

As for Two-face. Seeing the transformation from a man who wants to clean up to Gotham to a complete and utter anarchist who leaves everything up to chance... well... it was more than a bit sad. As was the loss of another character in the film (though truth be told, I didn't care too much... but I'm sure someone did).

Oh one thing worth mentioning, in this flick Batman makes his way to Hong Kong for an extraction operation which was more than a bit exciting. It makes me wonder how people couldn't work out that Bruce Wayne is Batman (I think they were implying that nobody knew Bruce Wayne was in Hong Kong - only Lucius Fox - but they weren't too clear...)

Anyway, I give this movie a 9/10. I would have given it a 10/10, but the guy behind me kept kicking my chair and it was pissing me off. I think Chris Nolan will have to do something about that for the next movie. Otherwise, brilliant.

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Though the movie wasn't funny for the most part, one scene where Bruce Wayne's lawyer blackmails him - and Lucius Fox lays the whole thing out for the dude and wishes him luck - just cracked me up. That was very funny.

Then later when the Joker says he wants said lawyer dead within an hour, man that shit was heart-stopping. That whole sequence was fantastic.

Number of posts : 221
Where I am : Buckingham
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:41 pm

What about The Joker's "magic trick"? That was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 pm

*shivers*

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:59 pm

There is no way they could ever replace Heath Ledger as "Joker". As a last role, this one was epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 am

Definitely a great performance. A lot of people are comparing him to Nicholson and calling him a lot better... but that's not fair, because the characters are really, really different.

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 am

In the other Batman movies, which were more cartoony, yeah, Nicholson was great. I was not a big fan of Ledger's before this movie...I couldn't have pointed him out even if he was wearing a big sign that said "Hi! I am Heath Ledger...famous actor." But he took this role and made it his own. From now on anyone who plays the role of Joker will be compared to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 am

If you'd seen Brokeback Mountain, your mind would be forever branded with the image of him making out with a fellow. I never saw it though. I always liked Heath Ledger, though. Mostly because of the movies he was in, but he was always rather good in them too.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:06 pm

farala wrote:
What about The Joker's "magic trick"? That was pretty funny.

I jumped, didn't expect that at all. So great.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:40 pm

It was great. It was not funny in the least. I almost cried out in pain. Then I started sobbing like a little girl.

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:53 pm

gaboman wrote:
If you'd seen Brokeback Mountain, your mind would be forever branded with the image of him making out with a fellow. I never saw it though. I always liked Heath Ledger, though. Mostly because of the movies he was in, but he was always rather good in them too.

See, that just shows how out of it I am, I didn't even know he was in that movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'   

Back to top Go down

Gaboman Reviews 'The Dark Knight: The IMAX experience'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1