HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Whizzle's Dark Knight Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7053
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:46 pm

No complaints. Just good stuff. Nothing but spoilers in this thread...

1. When they blew up the chick instead of Two Face, I got boomeranged. Never saw that coming. Freaked me out...

2. This movie, like Ironman, is what George Lucas was supposed to do with the last Star Wars Trilogy and failed. I didn't see any CGI in this movie, even once. If it was there, and it had to be, cause I know that helicoptor didn't fly between buildings and explode, it was totally 100% perfect.

Lucas made a cartoon, Dark Knight was a real mans movie.

3. The Batcylcle put me in suck geek mode, I almost started blubbering like a wee little lad. The sounds, and those fat tires (no beer pun intended) and the way his cape flew around while he was riding it, just delivered. That five minute sequence there with him and the semi, that was just inspired. The Luke Skywalker imperial walker trick he pulled on the Joker was awesome, whipping in and out of the meter poles with the trip wire, ingenius. The sounds of the truck, the clarity of the picture, it was overwhelming.

4. There was a huge fight by a fish tank, and they went against every hollywood cliche' ever, and just fought around it, the fish tank never got tipped over or exploded. I almost clapped at that dammit.

5. Heath Ledger was the best Joker ever. Absolutely awesome.

6. Two Faces face was so messed up, in fact a kid started crying in the theater when he showed up at the bar. Who would bring a small child to a PG13 movie needs DHS involved, but that was some freaky stuff even to me. Harvey must be on powerful antibiotics, cause that open tissue would get infected dude. The teeth and the eye was what was awesome.

7. I like how The Bat is hunted now, the city hates him, he has it coming at him from all sides.

8. I got a big kick out of the Scarecrow being in it at the start. That was hilarious.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Though I liked the end (mentioned in point 7, dear sir), it kind of upsets me. Poor Batman. Realistically, all the people who were killed were crooked... so it's all good. But poor Batman.

But I guess people need to beileve in Harvey Dent. Though I imagine the public will probably find out he's still alive and killing people soon enough.

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:36 pm

People are fickle. Me, I think I'd still like the Bat, even if I thought he took out some crooked cops.

Is Dent still alive? I thought the fall killed him. They had the funeral deal...

was it all a ruse!?!?!?

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the funeral was a ruse. I think they had the funeral BEFORE Dent took the fall... and then Harvey was just knocked out after the fall...

Or he could be dead.

I read something online that when the Batman went and rescued Dent and Rachel died, The Joker had told them the wrong addresses and that's why Batman ended up saving Dent instead or Rachel. I didn't realize that when I was watching, but once I read it... it all made sense.

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh, they did have some cut screens towards the end when Batman was escaping, didn't they? One of them may have been the funeral.

There was so much in this movie, it's hard to put it back in order...

Number of posts : 221
Where I am : Buckingham
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:45 pm

Gordon was right though, the Joker did win, he turned Batman into a criminal at least in Gotham's viewpoint. And yet, the fact that Batman was willing to sacrifice himself was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Oh, imdb's FAQs do say that Two-Face is dead. That's disappointing... I was hoping he's return. Though there's not much else you can do with the character.

Thinking about it, Batman being unaffiliated with the police is probably the way to go.

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 am

Sorry, I looked again. It says that it's not clear whether Two-Face is dead or if the plan is to hide him away in Arkham or something.

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 pm

farala wrote:
Gordon was right though, the Joker did win, he turned Batman into a criminal at least in Gotham's viewpoint. And yet, the fact that Batman was willing to sacrifice himself was pretty cool.

I like Gordon, though he got his promotion based on the Joker letting himself be caught...

maybe he should take a demotion. His fake death went terribly wrong in the eyes of the Mayor I bet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:48 pm

gaboman wrote:
Sorry, I looked again. It says that it's not clear whether Two-Face is dead or if the plan is to hide him away in Arkham or something.

In the real world, they would fix the man's face dammit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:52 pm

gaboman wrote:

I figured it will easy enough to bring back Two-Face if they really want too.

Who would be the other villan? If anyone? I think they would stay away from the overly cartoony villans like Mr. Freeze.

Riddler again? Meh.

Catwoman?

Nolan said there is no way he would do The Penguin.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:02 pm

Clayface!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:05 pm

By the way, I saw a trailer for something was The Watchman, just blew me away. Freaky as hell.

Some zombie angel dude was walking around. I must find a link for this deal. Never heard of it I don't think...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Whidden wrote:
By the way, I saw a trailer for something was The Watchman, just blew me away. Freaky as hell.

Some zombie angel dude was walking around. I must find a link for this deal. Never heard of it I don't think...

Yeah, it's like the first big time graphic novel. Been a movie rumor on this for years. Glad it's finally getting made.

Dr. Manhatten is the blue guy.

The guy who wrote it also did 'V For Vendetta', 'League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen' and 'From Hell'. He rules.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Whidden wrote:
Clayface!!!

How dare you.

I think Bat-Mite would work:

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:34 pm

I'd like to see The Bat fight Robin. Just kick his ass for the boy wonder freeloader he is.

Kick him out, shoot him with the batcycle, go all out. Have Alfred phone sonar him in the crapper, put it on youtube.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Robin does suck. Why have a sidekick who is just a liability. He's always captured or in some such mess. Not nearly as tough. And he looks queer.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Dude is named after a bird. At least a Bat isn't a bird, it's a mammal of some kind...

hell, I'm not scientist, I don't know what a bat is. But I know it's not a bird. A superhero named after a bird is just weird.

Unless it's somethink cool like The Raptor or The Hawk. That I can relate to. But a songbird?

If I ran the Justice Leauge, and you know I would do a good job, if I did, I wouldn't let boy wonder on the grounds. I would tell The Bat he could hang, but to lose the twerp wonder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 pm

Yeah, it's like being the 'Hummingbird' or 'Ladybug'. Sauce of the weak for sure.

Luckily it wasn't Robin-Boy. Like there is Batman, he's not just Bat.

There has to be a bad ass small bird out there. Whizzle, you're the bird expert, out with it!

Also, the guy who played the mayor in TDK was also 'Batmanuel' in the short lived 'Tick' live action show on FOX, who was based on 'Die Fledermaus 'in the 'Tick' cartoon, both were paraodies of Batman. Thanks.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Golden Eagle is the worlds toughest bird. It will carry away a six foot man and keep him in his nest, then eat his family in front of him.

The Golden Ealge voted for Richard Nixon. It kicked Chuck Norris' ass several times, it let him live for future challenges.

The Golden Eagle made Bill O'Rielly shut his stupid mouth. And Dan Rather too. It killed Jane Fonda and dropped her carcass over vietnam.

It doesn't change the oil in it's car and it smokes Camel lights. It eats at Burger King and it doesn't need a ****ing calorie flyer to do so. It doesn't care how many calories are in a burger.

It eats it's burger, it kills a rabbit, it farts in the ozone and tries to sunburn us all with gamma rays. It puts the wrong kind of freon in it's air conditioner, it wants the ice caps to melt, it tore Al Gores head from his chubby body and dropped it in a volcano.

The Golden Eagle is the baddest bird on the planet.

Last edited by Whidden on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm

I forgot one of my favorite parts. Joker is blowing up the hospitial, and it's all cool, but he acts like it aint working and keeps pressing the button, then the whole building goes up.

AWESOME.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:40 pm

HECK! wrote:
Riddler again? Meh.
Some folks are saying the lawyer who tried to black mail Bruce Wayne may be the Riddler. His name was Mr. Reece. Mysterious, perhaps?

I think the Riddler could work if he's given the Nolan treatment. A psychopathic murderer who teases police with riddles. Not a campy version like the Frank Gorshin or Jim Carrey versions. It could definitely work.

I heard Nolan said definitely no Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Mr. Reece?

Hmmm... well, in most comics (and Batman Forever) his name was Edward Nygma.

Wiki says:

Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for an editorial in Volume 2 about a Batman statue being added to the Wax Museum. The editorial parallels a 1966 episode of the Batman TV series, in which the Riddler used a Batman statue to smuggle in a 'Universal Wax Solvent' from France. Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, Hall is playing a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film. David Tennant has expressed an interest in the role.

----
-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 am

You know, I read Anthony Michael Hall was in The Dark Knight a while ago... so I'm watching the movie, and his face flashes on screen for about half a second towards the beginning, and he pops up again towards the end for about 2 or 3 seconds. What the hell is that about? They could've left him out completely and I wouldn't have known the difference.

They must be setting him up to be a villain of some sort...

PostSubject: Re: Whizzle's Dark Knight Review   

Back to top Go down

Whizzle's Dark Knight Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next