HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:00 pm

It's alright.

Definitely a chick movie.

I laughed out loud when Carrie was given the iPhone to use, and when Samantha saw the neighbour doing it with a chick on valentine and Carrie narrates "it's the Valentines Samantha had envisioned... without the sushi.... or the other woman." That bit was good.

Other than this, it was a movie I could take or leave. The beginning was hella corny, but it hit its stride about 40 minutes in and lost most of the corn. Unfortunately, it still popped up every now and then.

Plus the only chick that still looks good is Charlotte. The rest look like the Golden Girls.

Jennifer Hudson looks like a deer in headlights for most of the movie.

So, yeah, it wasn't a movie I enjoyed as much as I should have. Though the titties made up for it.

I'll close by repeating what I said near the top.

Definitely a chick movie.

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I still haven't seen this movie, and in all honesty, I have absolutely NO desire to see it. I never liked the show when it was on. I don't watch it... in syndication... even if there is nothing else on tv to watch. It's like Desperate Housewives, to me. I don't like that show, at all. It's just not my thing. I don't "hate" it... just makes me ill to watch.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:33 pm

You have to see Desperate Housewives from the first episode to really enjoy it. After that, it's brilliant. I can see why people don't like Sex and the City though... I'd say it's corny/lame about 70% of the time.

There was another part that made me laugh in the movie, I remember. When Charlotte whispers "it's Mexico" after discussing with the girls while she would only eat pudding. That was funny.

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 pm

No, I actually did see Desperate Housewives, when it first started, and I HATED it. I really have no desire to watch a bunch of women fucking a bunch of people. It's just not my idea for a good show. It's never really interested me (shows like that). I just find them trashy, and a waste of brain waves.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:54 pm

... see, that's my point... the show's definitely not about a bunch of women fucking people. It has about as much sex as any other program out there. There's just that one slutty woman in the show.

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 am

Meh... still not interested.

fuscia

Number of posts : 2300
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 pm

My M.I.L wanted to take me to see it. I passes on that . I don't want to see a movie with sex and nudity with her. Dang, I'd never have sex again if I did!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City   

Back to top Go down

Gaboman's Review of Sex and the City
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1