HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Russia and Georgia on brink of war

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Georgia on brink of war   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Norway are claiming they received a call from Russia saying they were going to cut off military support to NATO. However this hasn't been made official, it's interesting to see what's going to come next.

In other news, Polland and the US have made a deal and missile defense systems have been installed in Polland, much to Russia's dismay.

Honestly, I've never seen the problem with missile defense systems.

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Georgia on brink of war   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:57 pm

WEll the missile defence thing is a shiled wht iot does is that if a long range nuclear missile was fired from say Iran this shield would pick it up and "intercept" the missile now wether intercept means firing another missile to knock the original from the sky or it uses electro jamming to screw up the GPA directional chips I don't know. However Russia keeps saying the shield is pointed at them and they belive missiles will rain from the sky because of this and they have threeatend possible military actions "including nuclear strikes" on Poland.

They are upping the ante and I am wondering right now if ther western leaders and probably NATO are looking at troop numbers etc in case it comes to military action against Russia I am not saying that a war is imminent but I think we are going to have to cover all bases here, also before you go to bed tonight ask yourself which Russian city do you think the Wests nukes are pointed at tonight, just in case
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9673
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Georgia on brink of war   Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:46 am

Who cares where the shield's pointing, you know? It's just for protection, so it sounds like something everyone should have.

Taiwan's purchased one from US, to China's dismay. I like the idea of having it, even though I don't like the idea of going to war at all.

This thing's really escalating though. Russia aren't going to back down any time soon, I feel, and as it stands I don't know the appropriate response... because it's going to be lose-lose regardless.

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Georgia on brink of war   Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 am

I don't know too many people who actually WANT to go to war. So, I'm with you, Grant. It's nice to know that we all have ways to protect ourselves... but damn, I don't want to HAVE to.

I don't think that we will see Russia back down. They want to show that they are capable to taking over if needed. If they backed down, I think that their mind set is that they are weak.

And you're right, Grant... regardless, it's going to be lose-lose. No one truly "wins" in a war. People die.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Georgia on brink of war   

Back to top Go down

Russia and Georgia on brink of war
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3