HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Personally... neither Palin nor Obama have much experience.

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:07 pm

The dinky town Mooseburger was mayor of had 6,000+ people. Alaska, where she has been governor for less than two years, has 670,000+ people. That's all her experience.

To put it in perspective... your hometown of San Diego has 2.9 million people.

Meanwhile, Obama was an Illinois state senator for 7 years, and has a junior senator from Illinois for 3 years. He's also the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs.

Compared to a John McCain or even Joe Biden, sure, Obama doesn't have that much experience. But compared to Mooseburger he's Abe Lincoln.

And did I mention Palin wants creationism taught in public schools? Maybe she should focus on teen pregnancy, eh?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9729
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm

HECK! wrote:
And did I mention Palin wants creationism taught in public schools?
-HECK!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Could someone give me a link or something showing a list of both or their experience is? I've heard lots of condradicting things about the amounts of experence and I can't find a stright forward website, they are all OBVIOUSLY bias one way or the other. Since I'm at work lots of sites are blocked and the ones I can get to suck.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

CNN did say exactly what HECK said, but I'll see if I can find a link with the details in full.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:35 pm

That would be great, thanks.

Jamies mom was trying to say Obama has only been senitor for like 7 months, but then again, they do watch Fox news.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Sarah Palin

Born: February 11, 1964, Sandpoint, Idaho

Education:
B.S., University of Idaho, 1987

Elected offices:
Wasilla, Alaska, City Council member, 1992-96
Wasilla mayor, 1996-2002
Elected governor of Alaska, 2006

Professional career:
Television sports reporter, 1987-89;
co-owner, commercial fishing operation, 1988-2007;
owner, snow machine, watercraft and all-terrain vehicle business, 1994-97;
chairwoman, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-04.

Married: To Todd Palin; five children. The oldest, Track, serves in the U.S. Army; the youngest, Trig, has Down syndrome.

Sources:
Almanac of American Politics, CNN

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 pm

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:48 am

Barack Obama

Current job:
U.S. senator from Illinois
Birth date: August 4, 1961; Honolulu, Hawaii
Family: Married Michelle Robinson (1992-present); Children: Sasha (2001) and Malia Ann (1999)
Religion: Christian
Education: Columbia University, B.A., 1983; Harvard University, J.D., 1991
Campaign Web site: www.barackobama.com

Work:
1990s: Practiced civil rights law and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School.
1997-2005: Illinois state senator, representing the 13th District.
2000: Ran for a U.S. House seat but lost primary to former Black Panther Bobby Rush.
July 27, 2004: Delivered keynote address at the Democratic National Convention.
November 2004:
Won the U.S. Senate seat in Illinois, defeating Alan Keyes. It was the
first time in history a Senate general election race was between two
African-American candidates.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:49 am

So he was a state senator since '97, but only a US senator since '04.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 am

I don't understand how people are sying Palin has more experience. And where are people getting the stuff about Obama being in office for less than a year?

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 am

They think city council counts towards this kind of work experience, perhaps? I don't know about you guys, though, but we had councillors in my area in Australia who were like lunch-ladies and janitors.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 am

Yeah, haha something like that.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 am

Fucked up that Obama lost against a black panther in 2000...

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Nymphadora wrote:

Jamies mom was trying to say Obama has only been senitor for like 7 months, but then again, they do watch Fox news.

Ugh, that's exactly the kind of misinformation that gets people like Bush elected president.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:01 pm

I know, I don't even argue with those people anymore. It's enough to make you want smash your head through a wall.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am

I hear you there. The closer election day comes, the narrower their mind gets.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am

Amen to that!!!!!!!!

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:16 pm

HECK! wrote:
Nymphadora wrote:

Ugh, that's exactly the kind of misinformation that gets people like Bush elected president.

-HECK!

Amen to that.

Whidden

Number of posts : 7157
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:45 pm

The statement comes from Rush and Hannity, they both say it a lot, but the whole statement is that Obama had about 7 months experience as a senator when he started running for president.

I'v never done the math myself, I guess he won in 2004 in Nov?, then took office in 2005, then anounced running for president a year ago or so, I don't know. Sounds like a couple of years to me, but math is hard dude.

Qaulification to be pres is in the eye of the beholder, it's like thinking a super model is pretty or not, it's opinion.

To me, Obama and Palin are woefully unqaulified in the experience area. Biden and McCain have boat loads of it.

Though I will say that if you are going for pres, two years of executive experience trumps two years legislative. Still, to me, neither one of them has what it takes experience wise to take the office on day one. I think they could learn it pretty quick and do a good job if they surround themselves with smart people.

The president during my lifetime when I'v been paying attention, have had a super amount of experience going in.

Reagan, Clinton, and Bush W, were all proven govenors. Bush senior was a congressman for years, then CIA director, etc.

As for Palin being a small town mayor, that means nothing. Anyone can get elected mayor. Same for Obama in the State Senate. State senates are a fregin joke, anybody just about can get into state senate.

I hope if McCain wins, his ticker holds out long enough for Palin to get some knowledge of the job, and that if Obama wins, he lets Biden tell him what to do.

I aint no demo, hell no, but Biden is tough as nails, I'v liked him for years.

I had more Whidden opinion, but the sun came out and some birds are in the yard, I'm heading out for some pics.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Well, Dubbs was a governor for 5 years before becoming president.

Not sure how that figures into things.

What I will say is that Obama is very well educated. Harvard Law degree. He has been in the senate, wrote leglislation on capital hill.

Mooseburger isn't in the same league.

After 8 years of bullshit, I'll give rookie Obama the call from the bullpen.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Saw McCain on CNN this morning doing a live interview (I'm sure he had the questions upfront from his answers though). He was well presented, and if I believed a thing he said I'd say vote for him... unfortunately a new republican leader won't really make the kind of changes he's talking about. At least I don't think so.

A lot of the questioning was on military, conscription and serving your country... which is all very well and good, but - and of course I'm not speaking for America here - who cares? Seriously, when I vote (and I haven't voted for ages since I've been away), I don't look for the guy who says our Country is the greatest the most or the guy who says how awesome the troops are... because I don't really give a toss. Those things should go without saying... I want to know how real change is going to be established, or - if I'm happy with the way things are - how things are going to stay the same.

Number of posts : 859
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 pm

I've not read all of the posts before, just jumping in after reading a page or two, but I don't like Palin. She's a noob that comes from a rather small city (it's only about three times bigger than my po-dunk little town out in the boonies), from one of the most conservative regions in our country (according to the newspaper article I read about her), and she is vocally opposed to stem cell research and legal abortion. As a woman, I'd hoped that she'd be more understanding of a woman's right to choose. Also, the whole back-stabbing a big chunk of the people she's worked with, along with the shotgun wedding of her daughter... I'm not a fan. Obama's choice makes McCain's looks like he drew her name out of a hat or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I didn't really know much about Alaska before Mrs. Palin, but it turns out Alaska is just a cold version of Texas. God Help America.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:57 am

Reading reports that Palin fired some dude because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law.Sounds about right, if you ask me. They want to do an inquest, but McCain supporters (or Alaskan Republicans) are trying to block it.

PostSubject: Re: McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.   

Back to top Go down

McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2