HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:56 pm

‘Person of interest’ being held in murders of actress' mother, brother
ET Oct. 26, 2008

CHICAGO - Jennifer Hudson and her family offered a $100,000 reward Sunday for the safe return of her missing nephew, as investigators looked for forensic evidence near the home where her mother and brother were found shot to death.

Mourners dressed in their Sunday best milled outside the childhood home of the singer and Oscar-winning actress, along with investigators seeking clues to the whereabouts of 7-year-old Julian King, the son of Jennifer Hudson’s sister, Julia.

In a statement Sunday evening from publicist Lisa Kasteler, Jennifer Hudson appealed to the public for its help, offering the reward and asking that any information be given to Chicago police.

“Jennifer and her family appreciate the enormous amount of love, support and prayers they have received while she and her family try to cope with this tragedy and continue the search for Julian,” the statement said.

Chicago police ramped up search efforts for Julian around the Englewood neighborhood, where Hudson grew up, and transferred custody of a “person of interest” in the killings to state authorities.

“Detectives are working 24 hours on this case,” said Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond. “There’s a lot of forensic evidence. We have to work the evidence and try and solve this case. Most importantly, we want to find the child.”

An Amber Alert remained in effect Sunday for Julian, who disappeared on Friday, the day the bodies of his grandmother, Darnell Donerson, 57, and 29-year-old uncle Jason Hudson were found in the home they all shared on the city’s South Side. The deaths were ruled homicides.

The Amber Alert listed William Balfour, the estranged husband of Jennifer Hudson’s sister, Julia Hudson, as a suspect in a “double homicide investigation.”

Authorities said the search for Julian would be citywide, but on Sunday residents and officers focused their efforts “in the immediate vicinity” of the home, said police spokesman Dan O’Brien.

Police said they did not have a motive for the killings but called the case “domestic related.” Bond said Balfour had not been charged.

“There’s a lot of forensic evidence. We have to work the evidence and try and solve this case,” Bond said Sunday. “Most importantly, we want to find the child.”

Bond said no weapon had been found at the Hudson home, a three-story house sandwiched by vacant lots littered with trash. Investigators on Sunday moved in and out of the home and examined the trash.

Mourners stopped by the Hudson home, many laying teddy bears along the chain link fence around the property. Others signed a cross that rested on the fence.

“We love you,” one message read. Another said, “We’ll find the people who did this.”

Police officers were instructed to place fliers with Julian King’s picture and description in every business in the area.

Jennifer Hudson, who won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in “Dreamgirls,” was in Chicago with her family during the weekend, her sister said. Her publicist did not disclose her whereabouts, but the Cook County medical examiner’s office confirmed she had identifed the bodies of her mother and brother.

Bond said Balfour, who had been in police custody since Friday, was transferred Sunday to the Illinois Department of Corrections “based on his active parole violation unrelated to this investigation.”

Records from the corrections department show Balfour, 27, is on parole and spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle.

Corrections spokeswoman Januari Smith said Balfour would likely remain in state custody until the Illinois Prisoner Review Board looked at his case. She would not say exactly where Balfour was being held.

It was unclear whether Balfour had an attorney Sunday, but his mother, Michele Balfour, has denied he was involved the killings or in Julian’s disappearance.

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:15 am

This is just so shocking, the poor thing, and her poor family. Just terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:08 pm

The sad this is... whoever has the kid, well, they've probably already murdered him. Because, he'd be able to identify him.

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:12 pm

well the police have found the body of a young boy, they are not commenting on the identity of the body but I think we can all assume it's him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Just saw they confirmed the body as being Julian King...

Very sad. Police, I guess, are asking if they've got their main suspect and the boy's step father in custody, who drove the SUV that they found the body in?

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm

That's just so sad. I KNEW that he wouldn't be alive. I just hope that they find the bastard(s) responsible for such a heinous crime.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm interested in knowing how the boy died... was he just left in hte car for 3 days so dehydrated? I really hope it was as painless as possible.

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Just heard that the boy was shot multiple times.

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah... I heard the same thing.

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

It's just sickening. The poor thing... the poor family...

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Hudson's Former Brother-in-Law Charged

2 December 2008 6:05 AM, PST

Jennifer Hudson's former brother-in-law has officially been charged with the murders of the singer/actress' mother, brother and nephew.

William Balfour, who was married to the Dreamgirls Oscar winner's sister, Julia, has been charged with three counts of first degree murder and one count of home invasion.

Balfour and his family maintain he had nothing to do with the October slayings, even though Illinois police reportedly linked him to the gun which killed Hudson's family members.

The accused has been in custody in Stateville Correctional Center on a violation of parole since the killings.

Balfour's lawyer Joshua Kutnick insists his client is innocent. He tells People.com, "The delay between the crimes and his actual arrest show weaknesses in the case. This case is not a strong case against William. He is a convenient suspect."

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:30 pm

I would need to hear a lot more on this before I say that I think he did it. But, a link to the gun (if true) would definitely put him in lock up (in my opinion).

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:02 pm

There's probably more, they wouldn't charge him without good reason. Then again: guilty until proven innocent. I just think that they wouldn't release the entire case against him to the public.

The lawyer's comments that it took this long to charge him because of the lack of evidence is stupid. It takes time sometimes to gather what's needed. If 'time' is the only reason he's claiming his client is innocent, I doubt there'll be much of a defense.

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

No crap there, Grant... at least they took time to gather evidence. Sheesh... what were they supposed to do... slap someone in handcuffs, before knowing anything?

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 am

High-profile cases in a post-OJ world mean you make sure that all your ducks are in a row before you arrest anyone. Again, if this Hudson person had missed the try out for the game show she was on, then this cat would have been locked up in minutes.

Come to think of it, if she wasn't on the game show then who knows if the family would have been murdered.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:06 am

No ... I think the murder would've happened whether she was famous, Murder is something that inside a person, it'll come out eventually if you've got it in you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:16 am

True, but I have to disagree. Money and fame make people go nuts. Would Marvin Gaye had been shot by his dad? Would Phil Hartman's wife shot him while he was asleep? Would Michael Jackson had molested kids? Well, that last one was probably going to happen.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reward offered for return of Hudson's nephew   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1