HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Britney Spears - Circus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 am

Apparently debut at number 1 in the states. I haven't heard a single track from it.

Seriously, though, it snuck up on me. I saw a calander in a music store the other day, and then thought it's just pictures. A calander. Then saw the album on the shelf a couple of days ago and I'm like bullshit, how does that happen? How does Britney release an album without any kind of news on it (at least that I've heard).

...schmiggens?

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:17 am

LOVE IT!!!!!

You obviously haven't been looking at my facebook, I was commenting on the album coming out and having had "Circus" stuck in my head for like two weeks now. Have you even noticed my new avatar and signature?

There is a stream of it here:
http://www.imeem.com/britneyspears

I highly recommend a listen. If U Seek Amy is a great song.

First single is Womanizer, good song, great hook, very catchy. You serious can't not have heard it? It's everywhere. The video was good, not great and the live performances were average, but she definately on the road to recovery.

The video of Circus is awesome, very ala old Britney and heaps better then anything she's done in the last few years. It's by the same guy who did Slave 4 U.

The album is Number 1 in the US, Europe, Japan, Canada, and aparently in Taiwan. Are you paying any attention to the world around you? Both Womanizer and Circus are in the top 10 in Australian singles chart at the moment and I think the album is Numer 3 here.

Album tour starts next year. No word yet on whether she's coming to Australia, probably not, but I can hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 am

In all honesty, I don't listen to the radio... I mean that one at work but they play oldies.

It's probably number 1 in Taiwan. Our charts are a total mess. That little girl who sings... charlotte something, I think... she was number 1 for about 6 months out of this year. Air Supply's greatest Hits album from 3 years ago somehow popped up in the top 5 for most of the year. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

I LOVE this new album... and her first hit "Womanizer" is a fun song to listen to. It makes me move.

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Some controversy over the next single "If You Seek Amy". Chorus is as follows:

Love me hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are beggin' to If You Seek Amy

Say it out loud and "If you seek amy" becomes "F.U.C.K me". Do you think she'll get away with releasing it? Some mothers group is petitioning to have the song bleeped out or banned or some shit and the album re-released with the parental advisory sticker on it.

I just think it's funny, but then I don't have a 5 year old going around singing along to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:02 pm

That's actually pretty good, and there's no reason why she shouldn't be ABLE to release it (There's worse stuff floating about). Whether or not the parents, radio stations and TV stations boycott is another thing all together, and I guess it's their prerogative (ah, see what I did there...).

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 am

is Britney still a virgin?

I wouldn't expect that song to be released as a single, but if parents don't want their kids listening to it then don't let your kids listen to it. Duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:41 am

Of course she's a virgin Dekka. Her kids are miraculous conceptions from Jeebus.

It's been confirmed by her official web site as the new single off the album. We'll just have to wait and see if the radio stations play it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:15 am

Who gives three swings at her vag. Britney Spears can go to the Moon and take her semi-retarded kids with her.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 am

I am not sure if this is the official FCC version or just this site's prediction, but they've bleeped out the entire "If You Seek Amy" from the song.

http://www.jossip.com/britneys-new-song-a-little-too-clever-for-her-own-good-20090114/

If that's what gets released, then they're idiots, it makes it seem like there's even more swearing in it than there is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:15 am

Schmiggens wrote:
Of course she's a virgin Dekka. Her kids are miraculous conceptions from Jeebus.

Hilarious.

It's Jeebus, y'all!

Schmiggs is excellent.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 am

Britney Spears has reportedly been forced to rerecord her forthcoming single after radio stations threatened to ban it from play. The controversial ‘If U Seek Amy’, set to be the third single from her Circus LP, contains the chorus “All of the boys and all of the girls are beggin’ to, If You Seek Amy”, which, when sung quickly, sounds like “F.U.C.K me”. Last week, several US radio stations threatened to boycott the song after deeming the lyrics to be too offensive for air. According to The Sun, Spears has since returned to the studio to rerecord the track, removing the “k” from the end of “seek” and renaming the song ‘If U See Amy’.

That sucks. If You Seek Amy didn't make much sense, but If You See Amy makes even less sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 am

all the boys and girls are beggin' to F.U.C.A. me

hmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Britney's pussy is hanging out

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 am

Seriously watch this video, some fan runs on stage to dance with Britney or something, somehow managed to get past the stage security and get almost up to Britney, but her dancers moved him off the stage where he was detained and later arrested.

Her face and her reaction when the guy runs onto the stage is absolutely fucking hilarious. She is so lucky her microphone wasn't on, I can't lip read but she screamed and yelled some stuff at him. She screams and her hand is shaking, it takes her a while to get composed and get back in to the routine.

Fast forward to about 2.15 on the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGy2F4cEMk

I kond of fell sorry for her getting freaked out, but her screaming is so funny!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britney Spears - Circus   

Back to top Go down

Britney Spears - Circus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1