HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

Number of posts : 562
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death   Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Tommorow night at 20:30 GMT (London) on BBC1, the eccentric cheese loving inventor Wallace and his silent canine sidekick Gromit return in their newest adventure "A Matter of Loaf and Death". I dont know if its being shown at different times in different countries.

Though only being a short film of 30 minutes I plan to review it after I have seen it tomorrow. Whether it will be as good as their past adventures I cannot say but I will be looking forward to finding out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death   Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Wallace and Grommit rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death   Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:44 pm

My fav was their trip to the moon, for cheese! Smile

White Tiger

Number of posts : 562
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Having tried their hand at Window Washing and Pest Control the duo of Wallace and Gromit have turned their attention to bakery and have opened their doors as "Top Bun" and begun a "Dough to Door" delivery service but with a "Cereal Killer" on the lose being a baker is no safe occupation.

With a new love interest for Wallace in the "Bake-O-Lite Girl" Piella, a former pin-up girl for a bakery company, Gromit finds the majority of the responsibility in the company falling on him. Wallace and Piella's romance advances quickly and Gromit begin to gets pushed out of the way but as usual in all the former Wallace and Gromit pictures things are not totally the way they seem.

A Matter of Loaf and Death has continued in the same vain as previous films "the Wrong Trousers", "A Close Shave" and "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" in treading that fine line between suspence/horror and comedy but is perhaps too much of a story to condense into a 30 minute programme and would have been a better and more well rounded film should it have been 10-15 minutes longer.

The style of animation has lost none of its charm and the general premise of Walllace and Gromit retains its usual magic but because of Aardman somewhat spoiling their fans with the feature film "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" the return to the short film genre does not seem to do the show justice.

Nevertheless Wallace and Gromit remains a charming and entertaining show, with just as much slapstick as in previous short films, that almost everybody will enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death   

Back to top Go down

Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Movies :: INRJ Movie Reviews-
Jump to: