HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Iran: Giant achievements coming soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:01 am

Ahmadinejad: On February 11, Islamic Republic's nuclear rights 'will be established'

Yaakov Lappin

"Giant achievements" by Iran will be unveiled by its president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in the coming days, the Iranian Fars news agency reported on Saturday.
The Iranian news agency said an upcoming dramatic announcement on Iran's nuclear "rights" would be made on February 11. The report was accompanied by a series of announcements heralding alleged Iranian technological and medical breakthroughs, including an "AIDS cure."

Ahmadinejad's "administration is going to publicize the country's remarkable progresses and achievements within the coming days," the Fars news agency said.

"The Iranian president also reiterated that February 11 is the day when the Iranian nation's inalienable right to access and use nuclear technology will be established," the agency added.

"The Iranian nation will celebrate stabilization and establishment of its nuclear rights during the Ten-Day Dawn, (sic)" Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying. The "ten-day dawn" in early February marks the date of the Islamic revolution in Iran in 1979.

"When a nation decides to stand on its own feet to climb up the peaks, God helps it and that nation will embrace victory," Ahmadinejad said.

The Iranian government's boasts of "great achievements" included an announcement on Saturday that Iranian scientists have "introduced an AIDS cure".

"After seven long years of arduous work, Iranian scientists here on Saturday introduced a herbal medicine which cures Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)," Fars reported.

"The drug named 'IMOD' is completely effective and safe with no proven side effects," Iran's Minister of Health Kamran Bagheri Lankarani claimed during a ceremony.

"The world should know today that the capable Iranian nation, relying on its own youths and scientists, has now conquered the peaks of knowledge and science," Ahmadinejad declared during his speech.

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 am

The whole part about them "discovering a cure for AIDS" blows my mind. I mean, of course I'll go along with everyone who says they're full of it... but I just have to wonder what they're playing at.

Number of posts : 7042
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 pm

It sounds like old Soviet Union propaganda. Silly to us, but the masses over there must eat it up. Sometimes I wonder if they do buy it, or just pretend to buy it, as they live in a totalitarian society.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:55 pm

I think they tend to believe it. It's probably not too unlike English speaking Countries, except they don't complain about their leader's BS on message boards over there.

Number of posts : 7042
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:57 pm

I doubt they even have much of an AIDS problem over there.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 pm

I really have no idea about the AIDS figures in the Middle East. It'd make sense for Iran to say they have a cure for a disease that they don't have too many cases of...

I like that it's somehow a herbal cure too. Good on 'em! More power to them.

I can just imagine Iran and America being a couple of little kids... Iran's like "I have a cure for AIDS."
America's like "can I... can I see it?"
Iran then goes on to say "noooo! It's mine" then America will say "well, I don't believe you even have it anyway, so nerrrr."
Iran'll say, "I do too!!!!"
"Do not!!!!"
"DO TOO!"

Then we'll see global wedgies and twirlies of a grand-scale.

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 pm

AIDS rate is actually higher in America than the Middle East
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:29 pm

I would say so, Dekka, I'm just not sure about how many cases of it they have... the rate of AIDS is pretty low here in Asia; I think it's something similar to the middle east.

Which reminds me, I saw an advertisement for the AIDS foundation here in Taiwan the other day... it said "NO AIDS JUST YOUTH"

The whole thing... I don't know, it kind of made me think it was an Anti-AIDS ad, like people should report folks they know with AIDS immediately, so we can lock them away and experiment on them. Be scared. Be very, very scared...

The Chinese explained their stance more clearer, but if you just had their layout and those english words... it was chilling.

PostSubject: Re: Iran: Giant achievements coming soon   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1