HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tom and Jerry live-action movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

Number of posts : 585
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Tom and Jerry live-action movie   Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:15 pm

From www.bbc.co.uk:

Tom and Jerry in live-action film

The cat and mouse duo featured in an animated film in 1992

Tom and Jerry are to return to the big screen in a live-action remake, according to industry reports.

The animated cat and mouse, who debuted on the small screen in the 1940s, will follow in the footsteps of fellow Hanna-Barbera character Scooby-Doo.

The 2002 film version of Scooby-Doo and 2004 sequel, Monsters Unleashed, made 330m ($457m) at the global box office.

Trade paper Variety says the new film will concentrate on how Tom and Jerry met and their subsequent rivalry.

Box office success

Spurred on by the success of live action hit Alvin and the Chipmunks, Warner Bros is also developing big screen versions of Hanna-Barbera cartoons The Jetsons and Yogi-Bear.

Sales of complementary merchandise, DVDs and computer games are also considered strong income generators.

Alvin and the Chipmunks proved an unexpected hit for Fox studio in 2007, earning 260m worldwide. A sequel is expected to follow next year.

Tom and Jerry began as a series of 114 animated shorts, produced between 1940 and 1960. The much-loved cartoons won seven Academy Awards.

An animated feature-length version, Tom and Jerry: The Movie, was released in 1992.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Tom and Jerry live-action movie   Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:28 pm

They better not talk. I was furious when that last flick had them talking.

Read my typed words: Tom & Jerry don't talk. Ever. Unless it's a brief comical voice.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tom and Jerry live-action movie
Page 1 of 1