HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

This Is It

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: This Is It   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Movie comes out on the 28th. This is the 2 disc CD set that will accompany it:

Disc 01

1. Wanna Be Startiní Somethiní
  2. Jam
  3. They Donít Care About Us
  4. Human Nature
  5. Smooth Criminal
  6. The Way You Make Me Feel
  7. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
  8. I Just Canít Stop Loving You
  9. Thriller
  10. Beat It
  11. Black Or White
  12. Earth Song
  13. Billie Jean
  14. Man In The Mirror
  15. This Is It
  16. This Is It (Orchestra Version)

Disc 02

1. Sheís Out Of My Life (Demo)
  2. Wanna Be Startiní Somethiní (Demo)
  3. Beat It (Demo)
  4. Planet Earth (Poem)

Kind of lame for 2 discs. I mean you're only getting 4 songs you've never heard (2 versions of 1), and then a poem. Ooh la la.

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm

I think if there is new stuff, it will come out later, they've only had a few months to put this together and they've been concentrating on getting the movie out. Supposedly there was a lot of unfinished songs in the pipeline when he died, I don't know how close any of them were to being finished, let alone all the legal drama's involved in who owns what before stuff can be released, as a lot of it was collaborative work. But once it all gets sorted, I wouldn't be surprised if an album or two of new work gets released.

The new song does NOTHING for me. It's the boringest thing I have ever heard in my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:31 am

Yeah it's... I dunno, it's okay... But it's not up there as one of his best.

Anyway, I got tickets booked for the movie the day it comes out. I'm looking forward to that. I'll get this set too... but don't really give a toss about it, if I'm being honest.

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Okay, no tickets for me. I'll go to the living mall today to see if I can get another ticket.

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Is this gonna be on Imax too?

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Doesn't seem so. Digital IMAX maybe, not the big ass screen imax.

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 pm

I want to see it, but not enough to go to the movies. I'll probably get it on Blue Ray though.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Blu Ray will cost way more than a movie ticket.

Not saying I won't get the bluray disc when it's released... just saying those mofos are expensive.

I'll see what it's like at the cinemas. If I think it's too crappy... then... well, no... I may not buy it later on.

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:16 am

Inside the CD / Soundtrack there's an advertisement for the blu ray disc. A bit premature, but cool that it's coming.

The movie was alright. I got no complaints from it. When the first song started I was surprised how raw the footage and audio was, but it either improved or I got used to it... like it started with Wanna Be Starting Somethin', and it was obvious Michael was just practicing/warming up. I'm glad they didn't try to dub it over with better vocals, really. They did in a few spots, I'm almost sure of it.

One thing that's cool is you get to see them create the concert and different aspects of it. That would have been an amazing concert, there's no doubt. There were videos that go on and the video's story continues onto stage... there was a Thriller 3D video planned, which would lead to all the dancers coming on stage in full make up and stuff. There was this one senquence with like millions and millions of troop dancers - looked fantastic.

It would have been something else to actually have been at those concerts... bummer.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Probably won't be it. Dudes family will pump out unreleased tracks for the next decade. Just like Tupac.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Apparently the song This Is It was written with Paul Anka. He's not credited though...

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:01 pm

DVD set for release on 26th January 2010. Wierd that they didnt release it before Christmas, you'd imagine a LOT of people would've bought it in the lead up to Christmas. I probably would've gotten it as a present if it had been released before Christmas. I guess this gave them more time to drag out the theatre release, and make more money that way.

The DVD is going to have a heap of extras, an hour of extra footage, making-of docos, interview with the cast & crew and other stuff. I think I will have to get this when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:21 am

Finally got around to watching this and performance wise, it looks pretty much the same as the Dangerous concerts all those years ago, even HIStory. I think if you've seen MJ do Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, even They Don't Care About Us once, you've seen everything you need to see. I am sure it's great for the fans to have him do the classics in the same way, but it's the same performance over and over and over again for 25 years, isn't he sick of the dance moves? Sick of the sameness of it all? Over and over and over again? How many times has he re-enacted that fight scene from beat it? Moonwalked to Billie Jean? Stood on a grate in the stage over a fan while his guitarist stands next to him doing a guitar solo?

Sure he re-worked the cemetery scene intro to Thriller and added a new voice-over, he had a thousand men doing the marching intro to They Don't Care About Us, but really, its just the set that changed, everything else is exactly the same and I was really expecting something different. Maybe if they had played some of the cut scenes in full and if they had the 3D effect working, or if I had seen it on the big screen, it might have made me go wow, but watching this at home, it just felt like same old Michael Jackson.

The rawness of it, like G said was interesting and it was cool to see how involved in everything he was and some of the processes behind making a concert of this size and it is a shame that he never got to perform it in full, I am sure live it would've been an amazing spectacle, but it just didn't that impact from my lounge room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is It   

Back to top Go down

This Is It
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: