HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World's Greatest Dad (2009)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: World's Greatest Dad (2009)   Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am

I'm going to add spoilers so don't read it if you don't want the movie spoilt.

Didn't know where to put this, but people say it's a comedy so it'll go there... but it's not always that funny, but it doesn't make me want to burst out in tears either. It's really an unusual movie, but at the end of the day I'm not sure if I like it or what... I mean I'm not going to be rushing out to rewatch it, but it did have something to say.

So Robin Williams is this dad, right, and that kid from Spy Kids is his son. You following so far? Okay, so the son's a real fucktard, he really is. Dirty minded son of a bitch. It does set the right tone right from the get go, I have to say, because you know some shit is going to go down. I thought maybe someone would go postal. What happened was slightly funnier. Funny in a not-so-ha-ha kind of way.

About half-way through the movie the son dies of auto-erotic asphixiation, or however you spell it. Kid was a fucktard doing disgusting shit, but the father wants to clean everything up and make it look like a suicide. So he does, makes it look like he hung himself, and write a suicide note. Suicide note eventually gets published and people are really moved by it.

Father eventually writes a journal, so everybody reads it thinking it's his son's personal thoughts. They all love it, they all love his son now that he's dead (when he was an outcast before). Eventually Robin Williams goes onto a talk-show and talks about his son. Everything's moving along for him, people are coming together... then, they're dedicating the library of the school to the son, so they're holding a ceremony. Father decides to say something along the lines of "my son was a little prick, none of you liked him and neither did I. He didn't kill himself, he died masturbating." Obviously this makes him not very liked. So he leaves, strips down naked and jumps into the school swimming pool.

I don't know what to make of it, I swear. It was pretty good, and kind of real-to-life in many ways (while at the same time being absolutely nothing like real life, if you get what I mean...). Fascinating though.

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: World's Greatest Dad (2009)   Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am

Written and directed by Zed from Police Academy.

World's Greatest Dad (2009)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1