HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

52nd Grammy Awards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: 52nd Grammy Awards   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm

I just made that number up, but it sounds right. 52nd. I normally don't watch them, but it was on yesterday so I watched it. Bloody hell, I mean... okay, the worst part was probably that Jamie Fox T-Pain song. I mean I knew that person in white would be T-Pain and I knew that opera thing wasn't for real. It was a good idea, but it was executed lamely. But my real beef with it was you couldn't tell who was singing. Everybody was up there with microphones, but everybody's voice was just a garbled mess, and then they brought Slash out to make it a bigger mess. Incredible.

That tribute to Michael Jackson... I mean... nice idea, but all the singers up there just seemed to make it about them. They were a miss-matched bunch, to be honest. It was weird.

Maxwell was great. I'm sure it's hard to sing like he does live, so I think he did well. Then Roberta Flack coming out and them doing Where Is The Love was nice. I liked it. Maxwell sung the first line of the song a bit too early, but he covered it up nicely.

Lionel Richie coming up and talking about Michael Jackson and We Are The World was ... I dunno, his smile just rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed to enjoy it too much.

Paris and Prince Michael were adorable. Prince Michael is an articulate little son-of-a-bitch, isn't he? He did well. Considering how sheltered those kids are, they do well in front of crowds. I'm not sure which of the 3T guys it is, it's not Taj, but one of them is heaps chubby now. Not like a porker, but chubby.

I liked seeing them show Beyonce. She got right into it and always seemed to be having a good time. In contrast with her Husband who's a grumpy bastard. When he and Rhianna won that award, he didn't even turn to hug or acknowledge her. If I looked like that and had a chick like Beyonce I'd be jumping on that every chance I get.

Lastly, but this is the thing that pissed me off the most... Lady Gaga? What the hell is that about? What was she wearing? And she looked like she was about to throw up half of the time they showed her. If you're that nervous, don't come dressed as a space-rock!

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 52nd Grammy Awards   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:44 am

I think Pink also deserves a mention, takes guts and/ or balls to sing live and hang upside and spin from a rope in a spangley leotard that BARELY covers your unmentionables.

Didn't understand the Elton John/ Lady Gaga pairing at all. I can see why the Grammys would want Lady Gaga to perform, it's been a big year for her, lots of nominations, but I can't understand why Elton John agreed to it. Can't imagine he's sitting around thinking to himself "What do I want to do? I know! I want to perform with Lady Gaga at the Grammys". He could do anything he wanted, with anyone he wanted, so why Lady Gaga? It was just weird.

Taylor Swift was adorable, as always. She's getting lots of crap on the interweb about supposedly "butchering" Rhianon with Stevie Nicks. But I think it was good. They're also saying it wasn't a good enough performance, but I think screw them. You just can't win, singers lip-sync, they get trashed for not singing live, they sing live, they get trashed for not sounding 100% perfect. It's bull shit.

I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was a bit off too. Celine Dion? It was good to see her, she hasn't done anything in the public eye for a long time, but didn't get the connection to MJ. Jennifer Hudson? Again, is there a connection there that I am not aware of? Carrie Underwood??!?!? What the freaking hell? Could they seriously not find anyone else? Usher seemed to want the spotlight on him the whole time, which was strange, since he's the only one that I know of that actually had a connection to MJ and should want the tribute to actually be for and about Michael.

I thought the kids speech was a bit awkward, Prince obviously forgot some of his speech or missed something on the autocue and it looked like Paris wasn't originally supposed to say anything and just tacked her few lines on the end of Prince's speech. She was all garbled and nonsensical. There's something in her eyes that I don't like, a glimmer of thinking she's better than everything else, that expectation that she's famous, just because of who her father was, which, granted, she is. But I can see her becoming the next Lindsay Lohan/ Britney Spears. Mark my words, that girl wants fame, and it will ruin her like it did her dad.

Can't believe some of the outfits they wear these days, red carpet and performance outfits are just crazy looking. What happened to the awards season being about glamour and looking good? It's become who can out-freak the next person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 52nd Grammy Awards   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 am

Hahahah man you're cruel to those Jackson kids. Definitely forgot what they were supposed to say, that's for sure, but they were cute as hell while they were doing it.

PostSubject: Re: 52nd Grammy Awards   

Back to top Go down

52nd Grammy Awards
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1