HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Drumnk david insights

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Drunk Jenga is tough enough. Someone brought it to a bar once. Would usually last about 2 rounds.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

Number of posts : 858
Where I am : Washington
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Okay, so here's my plan: I want to add proper drunken insights of my own to this thread, but I don't have internet in my apartment, so I'm going to take my laptop to the bar and type in the corner while I drink. Either that, or the next time that I fire off a few drunken texts I'll put those in here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Uh, oh. This thread seems dangerous. I've got some Schlafly here, ready to be downed. I just (re?)discovered this place and this idea was started by Whidden, so it's gotta be good.

Also I seem to be the only one online at the moment. So what else am I supposed to do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 pm

So in another tab I've got an old blog of mine open that I found after googling my old screen name (which is how I found this as well). No joke--the fourth post I read is me quoting Dekka:

"Wednesday, July 7th 2004
3:17 PM
Title: Genius....
Mood: Good enough
Music: Lost Prophets
I was just browsing the boards at INReview, and stumbled across Dekka's journal. Dekka seems to be the quiet genius at INReview. He says the funniest, truest things I've ever heard. He explains nothing, if you don't get it, then screw you. I love it. Here's something that I found and just had to post. Genius:

'06-22-2004 03:10 AM The American Dream
nothing never, ever, EVER goes according to plan.

you hear me?

NEVER.

if your lucky, it will be a slight inconvient deviation.

every so often, your plans go better than expected. But this is just because you're a few months away from something else going horribly wrong.

luckily, I learned this a year ago. I stopped having hope. I stopped being optimistic. Just when things were started to look up, and inevitably hope began to spark to life again, more **** went wrong. But that's okay. I was wondering when it was gonna happen. I just had no idea what it was.

Details are not important.

The point is:
I do not expect much from life. As long as I am getting along, I'm cool. Life doesn't have to be perfect, or even all that good. As long as it's mediocre. And that seems to be the pattern.

Hey, I'm human. I want a nice house. With a big piece of property. By a lake. A happy family. Nice neighbors. Barbeques every Friday. A nice car. Blah blah blah.

I know I'm never gonna have it. But that's alright too.

But here's the deal. Life throws me lemons, I make lemonade. Yah. That's the way it goes. But after a while you ****in' get sick of lemonade. Straight up. And magically life throws you an apple or something. So you're like, sweet, thanks God. I mean you know it's gonna redouble it's efforst, throw you lemons again, but hey, at least it switched up for a sec, even if only for a sec.

So that's the way it goes.

I'll be 50-55 years old or so. I'll have led a hard, frustrating life, but somehow, through a little bit of perseverence, a little bit of luck, a little bit of wisdom, a little bit of accidently screwing up but it actually turned out for the better, somehow...

somehow I will have managed to acquire my nice house. I'll have a sweet-ass job after years of trudging through the rat race, I'll have my nice house, a wife, grown up kids doing good for themselves, maybe some grandchildren on the way.

I'll be retiring in a few years. Looking forward to passing the days on the back porch overlooking my lake. Hells yeah.

Then an asteroid will plummet into the Earth and kill us all.

but hey, in the big picture, overall cosmological sense...
that would be pretty ****in' funny

God has a sense of humor. a bit twisted, but hey, didn't He create us in His image? I dig, I dig. I can appreciate a good joke.'

So true. So true."

Then, if that wasn't enough, there's a comment. From Chodder. It reads, "Dekka is funny as hell".

This is like that M. Night Shalamalanalan movie Signs, where everything comes together at the end. But instead of aliens, it's the internet. And instead of Mel Gibson, it's a buzzed guy with a computer.

That or I just spent a lot of time on the internet as a teenager. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm still logged into InReview, currently.

The last post was from 2010.

I think it'd be really funny/awesome to make the last post ever there after years and years of never logging.in, and have it be completely ridciulous. I've got nothing to clever to post now. That's my idea though, no one can steal it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm

The last guy to register here was RoyceMenzter, back in 2/12. He's never posted. Never done anything.

I think I'm going to send him a bunch of PMs so if he ever logs back in here, he'll feel really special.

This is the kind of stuff that cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 am

My first message to him (by the way I realize these aren't insights like the thread title suggests, but hopefully someone finds it funny):

"Title: Where are you?

Royce my man, we've missed you around these parts! Where have you been? It's been almost a year dude, I can't take it anymore! Come back! Post with us! I miss your charm and wit--it's the emptiness I feel in the metaphorical room when I log in here! Think about all the times we had, all the laughs we shared! Please come back, you're a legend man. It's just not the same anymore.

P.S.

Don't read my post in Whidden's drunk idea thread thing where I said I would do this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 am

This forum needs a music subforum.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am

You know you're drunk when;

You suggest that a forum create a music subforum when it clearly already has one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 am

I am too drunk to taste this chicken. Don't let the near perfect syntax fool ya--in the words of Andy Dwyer, "School". Ain't nobody can just write a drunk Whidden post like drunk Whidden. I'm trying insanely hard to put my fingers on teh right keys. Backspacing about fifty times just to type that.

Anyways--here's my "insight", if it can be called that. I miss the internet before the internet was cool. that is, to say, I miss it before it caught on in the mainstream of things. I gather from reading posts here that people moved onto facebook and whatnot, which is lame. It ties a face to a meaningless screenname, which ties a person to a job, and the internet to the real world. Weak. I can get drunk and post on here (albeit with no one listening at the moment) because no one knows who I am--at least no one remembers who I am in the real world if at one point in time they did. And that's pretty cool. We can all ramble on and do whatever and no one is in any danger of someone they know in the real world seeing it an asking what the hell they were thinking whilst at the watercooler on Monday. Runonsentence?

I miss the internet when the internet was not a representation of who I really am or what I believe or any of that crap. I miss rambling on on InR about stuff that didn't really matter with people I didn't really know, but made me happy in a certain way.

There aren't any old school forums left, man (like it was so long ago--like I'm talking at age 80 or something). There's just a cheaper way to make a phone call. A faster way to send a letter. A more personal way to PM someone.

I like the fact that I could be stupid online (ex: tonight) without someone seeing it and asking me if I'm okay on Monday at work. I knew I shouldn't have acdepted their friend request online in the first place, but now it's for real rude not to accept them. Whatevs. [/rant] <-- HTML joke everyone!

If Whidden can post about how a girl at his job has a cute butt I can post that, right? I just read what I wrote and I'm apparearnetly a post-2005 luddite--if the post is any indication.

Does this belong in the rant section? Probably?

Anyways--pretty stoked to see that after all these years you guys still talk to each other. To me that was the best part of seeing all this. I love how after all these years, I end up posting in a thread that requires that I'm drunk. AwSEOME. All the best to you all.

Spaliznad, out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 am

This made me smile!

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm

wow, I haven't visited this forum in like a year. Glad to see people still post, sometimes.

may have to add some shenanigans of my own to this thread.

WADDUP PEEPS??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Dekka shnanigans are always some of the best.

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 pm

I just read the last post I wrote. Man was I toasted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Good stuff. You should get wasted more often.

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Good times: windy city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaliznad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Nymphadora wrote:
Good stuff. You should get wasted more often.

I can honestly say no one has ever had to make that suggestion to me before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9728
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 am

Oh. My. God... people... PEOPLE! On this message board.... FRIEEENDS!!!

Okay, cool it... keep it cool man, you don't want to scare them. You can do this, gaboman, you're ready for this.

Yeah, ah hem, so... how's it going, fellow message boarders?

I have nothing to add to this thread. I don't even remember the last time I was drunk.

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 pm

you don't remember the last time you were drunk?
well, that tends to happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekka00

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 pm

do you silly motherfuckers realize it's been ten years since we first started posting together?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

Number of posts : 858
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Dekka00 wrote:
do you silly motherfuckers realize it's been ten years since we first started posting together?

Well damn. I'll drink to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekka00

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

you know what I just noticed? Dave spelled "drunk" wrong in the title of this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:33 am

I thought it was a weird American spelling. Like how nobody there knows how to spell colour or mum?

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 am

Dekka00 wrote:

I thought about that the other day. I hate so many of us have fallen out of touch though Sad

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 am

Please, Dekka00 and I are about as tight as we ever were. We see each other randomly on message boards and acknowledge that each other exist. To be honest, he's almost the best friend I have.

PostSubject: Re: Drumnk david insights   

Back to top Go down

Drumnk david insights
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next