HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:23 pm

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- The Police, who are reuniting to perform at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, will celebrate their 30th anniversary at the Whisky A Go Go the following day.

To enter the drawing for a spot at "The Police Rehearsals," fans must be "legacy members" of Sting's official Web site, Sting.com, the 55-year-old singer announced in a posting Wednesday. Twenty lucky winners will be notified Friday.

"After the event, we would like the winners to each submit to us 250 words that describes their experience of the day we can say with some certainty that none of you will be lost for words!" the announcement said.

Sting fanned speculation of a Police reunion and tour when he told the Television Critics Association last month that he and former bandmates Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers were "talking about" doing something to commemorate their anniversary.

The Police, whose hits include "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take," will open the Grammys, which will air live on CBS-TV from the Staples Center on Sunday night.

The band broke up in 1984 amid internal conflict. They last performed together in 2003, when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Sherry, you know, I saw this and thought of you, immediately, since they are like your ultimate fav band.

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:46 am

At The Whiskey? Man, I bet that'll be packed. Place is pretty small to begin with. Would love to go though. Haven't been to Hollywood in a few years.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:52 am

Yeah, The Whiskey isn't a big place at all. I remember going up there, ohhhhh, about twenty years ago, to see Motley Crue. Couldn't get in! It just doesn't happen. You gotta get there early as hell, or ya gotta know someone.

Whidden

Number of posts : 7098
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Awesome, I love the Police. If they tour, I hope they do Tulsa.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:04 pm

I thought they were going to tour...

I'm all about seeing Van Halen.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Rumors are that Van Halen will tour, and they will have both lead singers, Roth and Hagar. That would be awesome. I would travel many miles to see that.

I don't have a lot of hope for it, as those guys fight all the time, and they are really childish. And Roth's voice has tanked too. But still, I would love to see them all together. If the price is right, they will do it.

I would love to see the Police, though I wouldn't travel to another state to see them.

I will start a thread here with that war crime that Roth did, his version of Jump set to blue grass music. I posted it at Inreview awhile back, I will set it up here. The mans voice is toast.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 pm

Whidden wrote:
Rumors are that Van Halen will tour, and they will have both lead singers, Roth and Hagar. That would be awesome. I would travel many miles to see that.

I don't have a lot of hope for it, as those guys fight all the time, and they are really childish. And Roth's voice has tanked too. But still, I would love to see them all together. If the price is right, they will do it.

I would love to see the Police, though I wouldn't travel to another state to see them.

I will start a thread here with that war crime that Roth did, his version of Jump set to blue grass music. I posted it at Inreview awhile back, I will set it up here. The mans voice is toast.

What's this rumor junk you're talking about? It's a fact, Jack. The Van Halen tour is on brotha:

David Lee Roth Back as Van Halen Singer

By Associated Press
Published February 5, 2007, 8:16 AM CST

LOS ANGELES -- The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.
On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

On the Net:
http://www.van-halen.com
--------

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Heck!, you just made me tear up. I'm into this. I want this. This is like a new star trek movie with Nimoy, Shatner and Deforest. And Bones is dead.

So you know now how stoked I am. This is as good as the Dark Tower comic....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Thought you would dig it. I was way stoked. I am going to check them out for sure. Glad it's Van Halen and not Van Hagar.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Yeah, it was like if the Police replaced Sting with Garth Brooks. It just didn't fit good.

I liked the 5150 album, as the tunes were tight, but Hagar's voice aint my thing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Agreed. I dug a few of the songs but it just didn't work. Sammy alone is fun but no one is going to mistake him for an awesome rock legend. On the otherhand David Lee Roth is shitty in his own right but he rules with Van Halen. Just a weird, magical combo of greatness.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:29 am

How did this thread, about a possible Police reunion, become a thread about Van Halen? Neutral

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Sacrilidge! NO Van Halen in a Police thread! Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait to see the Grammy's! I watched when they were inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:46 pm

I know that you will be GLUED to the tv tomorrow night, won't ya, sis?

fuscia

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:40 pm

I need to remember that it is on! I usually forget about stuff like that. I will be watching if I can. I am so excited that they are playing together.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Well, don't forget. Write yourself a little note... or multiple notes! That way, you can see the note(s) throughout tomorrow, and keep reminding yourself.

fuscia

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:45 pm

I may have to get my once a year buzz tomorrow night. Dang I love to listen to the Police when I'm buzzed.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:47 pm

Oh oh.. Sherry's gonna get buzzed. I guess that you'll be making a batch of your watermelon drink, eh?

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:12 pm

I just watched it, pretty dern cool. I'm not really a fan of Roxanne, but they did a very good job of it. Sting still look tough after all these years. And his voice is tight.

I watched it up until the Dixie Chicks came on. The Dixie Chicks can kiss my fat white ***. So I left the room.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:31 am

I thought that The Police were great.

And Whidden... you can kiss MY big fat white ass. The Dixie Chicks rule. You don't like 'em because of what they've said about your stupid president. Well, I feel a lot of the same ways that they do, and you still talk to me! Razz

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:40 am

Even though I agree with the Dixie Chicks politically, at least on paper, I think they need to shut their shit kickin' hick mouths. I don't need political advice from some duded up bitch band. *leaves the room like Whidden*

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:50 pm

The Police were awesome! My kids were dancing, I was bouncing in my seat! Wooooo Rooooooxaaaaannnnnnnnnne!:band:

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:51 pm

Nothing like a song about a whore that'll get the blood pumpin' Wink

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion   

Back to top Go down

Sting fuels speculation of Police reunion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next