HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Passage by Justin Cronin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: The Passage by Justin Cronin   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:36 am

Great read so far. Only a hundred or so pages in. This guys style is easy to follow, really fluid, plot is moving along at a perfect pace.

Amazon says:

"You don't have to be a fan of vampire fiction to be enthralled by The Passage, Justin Cronin's blazing new novel. Cronin is a remarkable storyteller (just ask adoring fans of his award-winning Mary and O'Neil), whose gorgeous writing brings depth and vitality to this ambitious epic about a virus that nearly destroys the world, and a six-year-old girl who holds the key to bringing it back. The Passage takes readers on a journey from the early days of the virus to the aftermath of the destruction, where packs of hungry infected scour the razed, charred cities looking for food, and the survivors eke out a bleak, brutal existence shadowed by fear. Cronin doesn't shy away from identifying his "virals" as vampires. But, these are not sexy, angsty vampires (you won’t be seeing "Team Babcock" t-shirts any time soon), and they are not old-school, evil Nosferatus, either. These are a creation all Cronin's own--hairless, insectile, glow-in-the-dark mutations who are inextricably linked to their makers and the one girl who could destroy them all. A huge departure from Cronin's first two novels, The Passage is a grand mashup of literary and supernatural, a stunning beginning to a trilogy that is sure to dazzle readers of both genres. --Daphne Durham"

Creepy little orphan, federal agents, government cover-up, covert dealings, glow-in-the-dark mutants, plenty of awesomeness.

Waiting for some action to kick in. I'm sure it's around the corner. Oh yes.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Passage by Justin Cronin   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am

I like his song "Baby" and didn't know he was an author too. I think his surname is spelt Bieber though. So this is like a rip-off of the Twilight series, right?

I wonder why no one ever comes to this site... Neutral

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Passage by Justin Cronin   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 pm

My hatred for you will span continents.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Passage by Justin Cronin   

Back to top Go down