HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

White Tiger Rants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

Number of posts : 566
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: White Tiger Rants   Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Now, what you have to understand about my sister is that she, in her own mind, is never wrong and everything in the world has to revolve around what she wants. So you can imagine that I have festered a rather sour opinion of her in the last few years.

It started with her decision to go to Botswana with the Girl Guides. It was an anniversary thing and each guide going had to raise their own travelling fees. She came withing 500 of the total, and with three weeks left she pressured my mother to get a loan out to cover it, with me as guarentor. Low and behold three weeks later she miraculously aquires near 1000 spending money. So, does she attempt to pay off the loan? No she does not. She buggers off up to Scotland, leaving all her debts behind her and leaving me, as guarentor, to pay of the debt. Yet for a year I'm lead to believe she'll at least help pay it off so as I'm waiting for this I'm paying off the interest until it finally comes out that she has no intention of paying off the loan so I have to do it and I end up spending 1000 or so to pay it off and finally managed to do it this December, three years after it was first taken out! And she's knows I've done this, she's been told, has she offered to pay me back? No. Instead what she's done this year is take a holiday to America.

Then she moves up to Scotland and, without consulting anyone in the family she decreed that she was going up there by train to move into her new house - that she rented with money she should have been paying her debts off with! - and that we could bring her stuff up after her. Never mind that it was January and we all had other things to do - no, that didn't matter at all - we had to drop everything we were doing to take all her odds and ends, and clothes and books, and games and furniture up to her. But hey! We thought we'd make a weekend out of it and explore Glasgow and Loch Lomond, but no, couldn't do that either because we had to go an collect more furniture she had bought up there, and then had to build it. So we got a grand total of an afternoon to have a holiday - and, owing to financial restraits, that's the last Holiday I've had.

Now, she decides she's going to come down here with her two dogs for two weeks over Christmas and New Year, with her friend coming down for the second week. And to fully understand this you have to know that we have a border collie who is extremely nervous, he isn't comfortable around other dogs and he becomes territorial in his home. Anyone else would think it a bad idea to bring two strange dogs into his home, but not my sister. No instead, everything Charlies fault. Charlies at fault because he pinned down one of her dogs who wouldn't stop jumping at his face. Charlies at fault because he keeps growling when these dogs come to close to him. And Charlies at fault whever he barks at anything no matter what reason.

And my sister cant talk. She can only shout. And she does so incessantly, non-stop from morning to night. And her dogs cant do anything. She's always shouting at them and telling them off for something. But she wont let you play with Charlie or smooth Charlie or tell him he's a good boy because, she says, he's a bad boy who's only growling and barking at her and her dogs and your reinforcing his behaviour. Once again, never mind the fact that she's the one who brought this tense atmosphere into the household, or that she's the one winding him up by constantly shouting, or that she brought two strange unknown dogs into his home that has forced him out of his usual area to be locked in the concervatory pretty much all day. She can't be at fault at all. Its all Charlies fault and our fault for not dealing with him the same way she deals with her dogs.

And today. I come back from the cinema to find the recycling bin has been knocked over by the wind. I go inside and attempt to tell my mother of this four times only to be drowned out by her telling her dogs off. I raise my voice a bit and managed to pass on my message and her reaction is to moan at me for "shouting in her ear" then throw a tantrum when I said I only raised my because she was drowning me out and then she accuses me of thinking I'm alway right, then has a go at me for smoothing Charlie and trying to calm him down while she's shouting her head off!

Totally ruined my good mood after coming back from the cinema. I had to talk an hours walk to calm down. Its times like this I wish she's stayed in Scotland and I'd broken off contact with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:44 am

That's messed up mate. It's hard when family and finances intersect. On the bright side, you found out about it over a sum of 1000 pounds rather than anything significantly larger. You know who not to lend money to in future, and that's always useful information.

Hard when people only think of themselves and do what they want to no matter how it affects other folks. I find the best way to deal with people who are always yelling is staying calm. The penny sometimes drops about 5 or 10 minutes into their tirade.

My wife and I have a similar situation with her family. We've just finished paying off a rather large loan that my wife got out for her mum a few years back. Not only that, though, we've also been paying her bills and expenses for as long as we've been together. My wife's sister has only just found a job to ease the burden (so we don't have to pay for her too!). It's not like she was ungrateful... she was just too lazy to find a job to help stop the financial strain we've been under.

It's tough though. You want to help family, but when you realize they're not interested in making an effort themselves, sometimes you've got to say fuck it.

I can't really talk. I owe my dad a bunch of money. Technically. He doesn't expect it back, he just expects me to do better for myself so I don't need to borrow money in future. Still think about it though.

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok, I said a while ago to myself that I wasn't going to give these twit and plug but they are some of the most racist pillock's I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

Racebending.com is completely and utterly racist in and of itself. It's entire mission is to promote non-white actor at the expense of white one purely because they believe that Hollywood discriminates against minorities. They might have point, however they are not helped by the cretins who post comments on their articles.

One such cretin goes by the username of SlamIntoASlimJim and he is the reason I am here today to rant. Basically, I was reading an article on the afore mentioned website entitled "Star Trek: Into Whiteness" in which the author of the article complaing about Benedict Cumberbatch being cast in the role of Khan purely because Khan was designed as an Indian character and saying hpw much of a step back it was from the original intentions of Gene Roddenbury, then I go to the comment section where I see the afore mentioned idiot presented his totally biased and ridiculous views.

Namely these views consist of the belief that white actors should only be allowed to white characters and that even then the opportunity for them to do so should be resticted so that non-white actors can have more opportunities. When asked, on the issue of Cumberbatch and Khan, simply to say that he has no idea what the casting process was and is just making assumption as to the reason why Cumberbatch got the role and might be wrong, when asked simply to accept the hypothetical scenario that Cumberbatch was just simply the best actor in the auditons, his response was to denouce Cumberbatch for even auditioning, saying he should never have been considered because of Khan's ethnic background.

When asked, again, a hypothetical question, that should some great Asian play like the Orphan of Zhao be put on in the west by an acting troop - not even a TV play, just a stage production - and a great actor like Sir Christopher Lee be cast in a starring role would it then be impossible for him to have got the role on acting merit and not some racial preferance, his response was that no white actor should ever have been considered for the part and to say why should white actor even have the chance to appear in such a play when minorities dont get a greater shot at big roles in Hollywood.

Honestly, it reminds me of dealing with Malcolmxx in all the wrong ways. I regret ever going to that website in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 pm

WT, are you in Scotland?

I ask because I want to go there one day. Soon. I don't need a couch, just asking.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:07 am

I live in Portsmouth, which is pretty much the opposite end of Britain from Scotland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:25 pm

I have this really annoying pop up that's been bothering me all day. Every time I go to a different website and click anywhere on the page the same pop up come up every times. It's for a company or something calling itself "OwensMethod" which is advertising the opportunity to make money fast from the comfort of your own home. And I couldn't give a flying fuck.

If I was interested in the bloody thing I would have looked at it and signed up for it as they urge you to the first bloody time I saw the damn thing, but it been littlerally hundreds of times jumping out at me today and I fucking sick of it.

The most annoying bloody thing about this is that I'm not supposed to get pop ups! Firefox is supposed to stop them and I've never turned off the filter, but for the last few months I have repeatedly been getting this things I have no interest in jumping out at me all day long. And I have no clue how to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Microsoft are fuckiing arsehole and I wish they'd stop messing with things and ruining them. MSN email is shit ever since they change it it to the new format. It's fucking slow and unresponsive, it doesn't let me sort my mail quickly and easily and I've just spend the fifteen or so minutes getting pissed off with the damn thing because it wouldn't let me access my email after trying to change the timezone! Turns out I had to pointlessly selected English (UK) as the language as well as selecting the timezone before it unlocked but, you know, it might have been helpful if they had included a message telling me that ON THE FUCKING SELECT TIMEZONE PAGE!

This added to the peice of shit that is Windows 10. Personally I dont really have much issue with how it's running on my computer now, but I take fucking issue with the way it got on my computer. I spent months telling it to fuck off and refusing to update because I didn't want the damn thing but then it decided to install the fucking software anyway. I mean, who the hell cares what the owner of a computer wants? The only thing that matters is that microsoft came up with this fancy new toy that they wanted to shove down everyones throats! Fuck them! Fuck everything about them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Tiger Rants   

Back to top Go down

White Tiger Rants
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1