HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

Number of posts : 562
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Rush   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 pm

I've just got back from the Cinema where I saw Ron Howard's new film Rush, and I can honestly say its a compelling film.

The film has two protagonists, the straight-laced and scientific Niki Lauda and the charismatic and charming playboy James Hunt, and jumps between the two, telling the story of their rivalry and their lives from both perspectives. You get to know both men and their characters, and get to see their rivarly - one of the greatest in sporting history - play out on the big screen including Lauda's horrific crash and his struggle to return before the end of the season to fight for his title.

Honestly, I think it is a great movie and well worth the watch for Forumla One enthusiats or just the casual viewer like me who knows nothing about the sport beyond a vague recongition of names hear and there. If it doesn't win some awards then I will be bloody surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Rush   Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Hm, wasn't interested before reading this but now I may check it out. Well, when it comes out on video.

PostSubject: Re: Rush   Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:17 am

It's worth a look. It was a very good film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rush   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 pm

The Oscars snubbed it. It got two nominations to the Golden Globes and lost both, and now the Oscars have decided that Daniel Bruhl's portrayal of Niki Lauda is not as worthy of consideration for best supporting actor than Jonah Hill's role in the Wolf of Wall Street - I've not seen that film yet, and not sure I want to. It's also been snubbed for best picture and got no recognition for its fantasitic look and cinematography. It's a victim of American ignorance of Formula One and the Academy's arrogant bias against sports based films.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9672
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Rush   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:04 pm

I saw the film recently. I didn't love it, but I really liked it. I agree Daniel Bruhl was amazing. Both of them were really good, actually. Maybe it was a little over hyped or something but I really did expect more from the movie as a whole. No real issues with it, just didn't find it amazing. Good as a little history lesson as to their rivalry I suppose.

PostSubject: Re: Rush   

Back to top Go down

Rush
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Movies :: Now Showing-
Jump to: