HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Comic Books

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7157
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:07 pm

They got any updated infinity gauntlet stuff?

I almost got the graphic novel years ago, but the art was a little dated.

I'd like to see that storyline with some new art.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9729
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 am

I have a book just called "INFINITY" which is kind of a climax to two recent "Avengers" and "New Avengers" books.

But I wouldn't recommend it. People tout it as amazing but I think it's boring as crap. It's very... I dunno, you'll just go long stretches not knowing what the hell is happening or seeing any of the characters you love.

It ended up leading into basically the destruction of the Marvel Multiverse (or whatever they call it).

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 pm

gaboman wrote:
I have a book just called "INFINITY" which is kind of a climax to two recent "Avengers" and "New Avengers" books.

But I wouldn't recommend it. People tout it as amazing but I think it's boring as crap. It's very... I dunno, you'll just go long stretches not knowing what the hell is happening or seeing any of the characters you love.

It ended up leading into basically the destruction of the Marvel Multiverse (or whatever they call it).

You see the infinity war trailer?

It made me tear up a little. I don't think the movie can live up to the trailer, dude it was sweet.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:06 am

It was cool. I think the movie will be even better.

I didn't tear up because I'm not a 9 year old girl (I did, however, sob uncontrollably, hyperventilating and lying down in the fetal position).

It was a thing of beauty. It's such a cool story line to come to the screen. Amazing times we live in.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 pm

What's weird is I saw it at the movie theater and thanos didn't look so fake on the movie screen. He looks fake on my computer. So the movie might just be awesome!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm not worried. Thanos looks very Thanos-y. I don't expect them to look great, they have a lot of dumb looking characters.

I saw Star Wars in IMAX 3D and they showed a Black Panther trailer before it. The 3D on Black Panther is going to be amazing. The trailer looked INSANELY good. The 3D was on a whole other level.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:42 pm

A good part of the trailer is War Machine is back to his chrome look, which is my favorite Iron Man suit. Chrome was the sharpest.

Didn't care for the red white and blue. I love my country and I love my flag, but chrome is a better color scheme on an Iron Man suit.

I guess they got Don Cheadles back all healed up from Captain America Civil War?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Maybe he's paralyzed but the suit helps him move? But that'd just be another narrative they need to add to Infinity War, so maybe not.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:46 pm

He seems like he is flying well enough to go into battle with hulk and the rest of them charging.

Unless that's one of those stupid idiotic Iron Man suits from iron man 3.

which would suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's war machine. They got him some good alien healing tech. He is back in action enough to fight a big battle.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 am

Did you ever try to read the Dark Tower comics? I've considered getting one or two but then almost always change my mind.

I read Stephen King's son's series "Locke & Key" and it's pretty good. Weird but good.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 am

I tried it some and wound up throwing them away. The artist make them all look like trolls. Everyone single person was ugly as sin.

That part of dark tower they were in was a beautiful place down in old mexico, full of trees and animals and people. The book (wizard and glass) went into great detail describing the atmosphere and it was a nice place. The comics were dreary and dusty and dark and ugly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Sucks you haven't seen the movie yet, I want to know what you think.

It was a sort of generic fantasy adventure movie, but I haven't read the books so there may be little bits and pieces I haven't noticed (and you would). Roland has the Horn of Eld so they say it's basically set after the original books.

There were some cool action scenes - particularly some gun reloading stuff - but as a whole there was nothing interesting I could take away from the story.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:27 pm

I saw it down at walmart for 18 bucks, that means it will be on netflix any day now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic Books   

Back to top Go down

Comic Books
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2