HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lost my doggie Sparky today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7130
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:03 pm

I lost Sparky today. I woke up and he was in the kitchen and couldn't get up. he had wet himself.

He was hungry and I fed him, but he had to lay down to eat.

He weighed 65 pounds, so I had to roll him over on a blanket and pull on the porch and into the back of the truck.

He seemed happy with the wind in his face.

They put him on a gurney at the vet. I fed him a big dinner before the truck ride, he liked the food.

In the vet, I burst out crying like a little girl, they put him to sleep and then I took him home and dragged him into the back yard and buried him in the dark. Just got done.

He was 12 years old.

He was my kung fu dog, I'd fight him with kung fu moves and he would fight back.

Just me and Winston now at the house.

I knew it was coming, he wasn't the healthiest of dogs, he got real fat. But he loved the food and I figured he wanted to eat and if you could ask him if he could live longer and not eat as much, he would have told me he wanted the food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVM6WsPp70

sparky is on the right. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

I hope and pray revelation comes true someday:

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

No more death sounds like a good deal to me.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

Number of posts : 820
Where I am : Washington
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Oh Dave, I'm so sorry. Losing anyone is so hard, but I think that pets have such a special place in our hearts that it hits in a different way. My heart breaks for what you are going through right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm

thank you pippin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

Number of posts : 820
Where I am : Washington
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Sparky was a blue heeler, right? Those dogs are so gorgeous, smart and loyal. Good doggies Smile

What were the dogs watching through the window in that video? They looked captivated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Sparky was half blue healer and have Australian Shepherd. good dogs.

I took the screen off the window and just let them look outside. They were smelling the air, watching the yard, taking in smells which is what dogs do. Probably looking for squirrels and rabbits to hunt.

Good times for them. Glad I took that video. I was at my computer doing computer stuff and decided to take a video with my bird taking camera, which was a real camera, but had a video setting on it.

I was listening to songs on youtube and decided to see what the camera would do.

Glad I have that memory on some form of media.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost my doggie Sparky today   

Back to top Go down

Lost my doggie Sparky today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1