HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Battle Royale   Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:25 pm

I just heard they're remaking this movie, though it's probably old news. I honestly hope they don't, because an American version of this movie just wouldn't have the same impact as the original did.

Has anybody else seen it?

Set in an alternate modern-day Japan, where kids are running wild and are lawless, the government introduces a new law aimed to combat the violent and criminal nature of teens. The Battle Royale Act is introduced, a law that requires a single, specially chosen class of school students to be taken to a remote island and compete in a violent death-match game until only one remains. The survivor will return home as ultimate proof of how far the government is willing to go to combat juvenille delinquency.

The movie follows the story of one class full of 42 students, as they're all knocked-out and taken to a remote island at the request of a former teacher (played by Takeshi Kitano, from Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence), who is out for revenge on the kids who tormented him. The kids all wake up with necklaces that will explode if they try to escape or try to remove them. Each is given a pack with 3 bottles of water, some bread, and a random weapon. And thus begins the battle royale.

I swear... I've never seen a scarier movie. It creeped me out beyond belief. Highly recommended.

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale   Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 am

You can actually read a translation of the first 10 chapters of the book here. Not bad work, either.

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale   Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:57 am

Little kids running around killing each other...... kind of disturbing..... but also kind of funny......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale   Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:04 am

You know, they often say the emotions that trigger laughter or fear are not really that different... so I reckon you're right. It is kind of funny, but leaves you with a serious chill.

The very beginning was the spookiest. They introduce the winner of a previous Battle Royal, when she's returning to Japan. A little girl, covered in blood with this really wicked smile on her face. Evil shit.

It's on netflicks

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale   Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:42 pm

It's probably not the best time for this, but while I remember, you can watch this movie online at http://www.youtvpc.com/

Go to movies, and it's like the 5th movie down. With English subtitles.

PostSubject: Re: Battle Royale   

Back to top Go down

Battle Royale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1