HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:00 pm

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.
------

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Sometimes the headline writes the story.

Sweet lord, what a drugged up doucheington.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7042
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm beyond words. Seems like that would be against the law. But I'm guessing not.

Who would even think to write a law like that. No dead guys in your coke. Yeah, the coke is illegal. Dead guy aint.

What I don't get is how these stars and rockers can come out in magazines and talk about all this drug use, and they never ever get taken to court over it. They admit it in the open press, and it's like jail time isn't even a consideration for them.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LICKETY

Number of posts : 502
Where I am : Toronto, Canada
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 pm

That's some weird $hit!

It borders insanity and desecration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:32 am

I read a story today that Richards claims it was an April Fools joke.

I think he is just so looped either it really happened and he's too much of a toolbox to know that shit ain't cool to admit or he thinks it happened.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pulse

Number of posts : 445
Where I am : In the belly of the beast (giving it indigestion)
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:01 am

I don't understand people who do those kinds of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Richards: `I snorted my father'   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1