HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's annoying you right now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Pippin

Number of posts : 855
Where I am : Washington
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Well I do live in the Pacific Northwest. Lots of hippies on the west coast

Last edited by Pippin on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7143
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:53 pm

lol, I'm from florida and moved to oklahoma as you know from the past.

I only have seen one real hippie in my life, and he gave us the peace sign when all us kids were on the bus.

That's the only real hippie I ever seen. It's amazing that this country is so diverse.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:17 pm

That same chick with the rattle for Stretch Time has another new thing. Now she gets on the PA system and announces when it's time to start break and when break time is over. A bunch of people were on board with the stretching, but she is hated throughout the company now with the announcements. It's not a good look for when customers come through, either.

Not that anyone listens anyway. She pages that break time is over, and we all sit and complain about her for the next two of three minutes while we finish our breakfasts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm

All right you two, some of us have hippie tendencies. hem hem hem

Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 am

I can hang -- I like Birkenstocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Tiger

Number of posts : 584
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Christmas adverts and songs. They've been creeping into everday life in the UK since the day after Halloween, and I object to Christmasy stuff being promoted when it isn't even December. It was the 12 days of Christmas, not the 8 weeks! Bah Humbug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 pm

my only hippie tendency is to smoke some weed.

still havn't smoked none yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am

White Tiger, I'm there with you. By the time Christmas is here I'm already sick of the music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Whidden wrote:
my only hippie tendency is to smoke some weed.

still havn't smoked none yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally did. I got a medical card and vape it or use an edible. It helped with the pain, but when it wears off I get an awful migraine. I only felt stoned once. It's just not for me.

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:00 pm

that's the most horrible let down since star wars episode one.

weed is my dream. You are living the dream Fuscia and it aint that cool?

dagburnit!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:42 pm

yep.

yep.

what i say when me drunk and want to start a new thread. \

yep.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Love you fuscia. Love you pippin. Love you gaboman.

Love heck!

I love you guys.
/
friends forever, like on stranger things.

we are friends forever.

Banana Flash

love for all of you. love you. Banana Llama

yes, put bananllama in there. wtf???????

bannana on a elmo looking lama thing??? lol, that stuff is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banana Llama

love you all, good times!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 pm

love you all.

pure love from every experience I have in my heart.

I am a recluse by nature. hide from everyone and find friends when they appear. I like, hate or love everyone I run into.

I believe in Jesus, and I want so much to love everyone I meet. But I do not. I do not. I am angry at my evil hateful people I meet.

so many evil people in the world.

but my greatest sin is not being angry with those mean people i encounter, i try to fight that and can not overcome it,

my true sin in life is I am so angry and hateful with all the mean folks, I ......

I am not appreciative, of my friends.

I am loving and very thankful for my friends, but I forget all that and get all angry at life and get all selfish.

love you guys, we are all friends.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 pm

LOL.

I think my drunken rants ran everyone off. drunken

seems the same drunken posts as the previous drunken posts.

I need some new material.

Next time I drunk post, I'll make it about star wars or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 am

I didn't know we had a banana riding a llama. I need to look through these emoticon things.

Banana Llama
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 pm

they are very early 1999/2000/2004

very cool.

Retro in fact!! farao Mexican Banana Clubbin\' Banana

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Iíve got one thatís really ticking me off.

For some back story, I work at a company that builds up circuit board assemblies. There are different areas of production, and the area where Iíve been spending most of my time is in the hands-on section instead of the build-by-machine section. My company hires a lot of foreign-born citizens. Of the immigrants, the majority are Asian, with a pretty even mix from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. There are maybe a dozen other immigrants from Ukraine, the Philippines, and different Spanish-speaking countries. I bring this up because in total there are maybe fifty people here who have learned how to speak and read English well enough to be productive members of the company. Also, Iím a lead but my department doesnít have any work right now, so Iíve been assisting the lead in the hands-on section. I have to answer to him but everyone else answers to me, since the actual lead is never around.

There is one woman named Phoung who has been with the company for a few months. Sheís from Vietnam and insists that because English is not her first language, she needs extra help. All of our work instructions are in English, and itís a job requirement to be able to read the language so that the work instructions can be followed. Phoung clings to people and wants everyone to walk her through each build step. Each person that she has clung to has initially helped her and then turned their back on her because she just will not stop. Itís not just for building, either. The other day she wasted half an hour trying to convince other people to get an engineer for her because she just didnít want to.

Today I asked Phoung to work on the first step on some assemblies and without even bothering to look at the work instructions she said, ďShow me.Ē Not ďpleaseĒ show me, or ďcould you show me?Ē with a big question mark. I told her no, and I said that the documentation is clear and the step is easy, so she shouldn't need help. It's just cutting wires to 2.5". There are pictures. If the wording is confusing, talk to an Engineer for clarification. I said that she needs to be able to rely on the documentation because we canít always spare an extra person to show her. She said then she wonít work on them at all.

Phoung got her lead and he told me that she works best with an example of each step. Of course she does, everyone does, but that drags down productivity. He said that itís hard when English isnít your first language. I said itís an easy step with simple language and pictures. I asked if she could read English and she looked embarrassed and the two of them talked for a bit in Vietnamese. Itís not like I asked a random person off the street to read me something in English Ė this is a job requirement!

Her lead has the say here, so if he says that she needs to be babysat then Iíll do it, but Iíll bitch about it every second. And babysitting her doesnít do her any favors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:36 pm

we have a small division at our work that makes circuit boards and stuff. Most of them are Mong, which I think is Vietnam hill people.

Anyhow, the ones from the clint eastwood movie Gran Torino.

I know one thing, if I ever end up in a foreign country, I'm going to do the best I can to learn the language. BUT I WILL NEVER EVER EVER LEARN THE METRIC SYSTEM. Mad Mad Mad

It's mean, but whenever I have to babysit someone I don't like, I just dead head it and stand around with them and let them fail. Keep my answers to short sentences. In other words be the worst teacher I can be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 pm

I like your style, Whidden.

My version of that was when I was working near a dude who wouldn't stop talking, so I put my head phones on and pretended to listen to music even though I had no music.

Never metric. Celsius is all wrong. Even the word Fahrenheit is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Jimmy Carter tried to convert us to metric back in the day.

I said no way then, I say no way now. Peanut farmer trying to make me learn new math. PATHETIC!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 am

About two months ago I asked my mom and my cousin (maid of honor) if they would help me make the "save the date" cards to send out to announce my wedding. My cousin said that she would be happy to make them on her own as a duty of being my maid of honor. I told her that I wanted to send them out with the New Year.

NOTHING. It's been two months and she hasn't even shown me an example of what the cards will look like. The deadline has passed. She promises over and over that she will send me pictures of these cards, that they'll be done by Christmas, that she's working on them and I shouldn't even buy paper and envelopes because she is doing that.

I'm going to make them myself. If I had just done that from the beginning they would be done and stuck to people's refrigerators by now, and if I had spent two months on them they would look good. I'm just going to print off some basic information in pretty font and put them in the mail, but bland-looking cards with the information is better than absolutely nothing.

I wish that my mom and I made these together because it was something that I think we would have enjoyed.

If you say that you will do something -- especially if you volunteer -- then do it! How am I supposed to trust that my cousin will follow through on any of her other promises? She's a hairdresser and volunteered to do my hair for the wedding. Will that really happen? She asked if she can plan the bachelorette party. Will I be taking myself on a one-woman night out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Use some Tombstone quotes on her Pippin.

Those always work.

Call her up and say, "Skin it, skin that smoke wagon and see what happens. I said throw down boy!!".

Then go all Doc Holiday on her and say, "I'm your Huckleberry". Then say, "Why Ike, whatever do you mean?" followed up with a "You're no Daisy".

It will freak her out, even if she never saw the movie, In fact if she never saw it, it will strike her even worse. She will think the bride to be is off her rocker and she will get her ass in gear getting her job done. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pippin

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Everyone at work knows that I take my lunch at 1pm so that I can watch the first half of Days of Our Lives in the break room. For the last two days, the maintenance man, who for sure knows that I want to watch my stories, has been in the break room watching TV when I get there at 1. The TV is first come-first serve. Right now I can hear him flipping through channels while he talks on the phone. He and I are the only two people in the whole break room.

Jerk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:22 pm

That sounds dicky, but you may need to start watching the last half of it.

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I just need to get up the nerve to ask if I can watch my show. If he's still doing it next week then I'll give it a try. He hangs out in the lunch room for more than thirty minutes, so I don't know if coming in at 1:30 would be any different. He's already watching TV when I get there and still watching when I leave, so maybe he gets an hour. Or maybe he's just wasting time on the clock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's annoying you right now?   

Back to top Go down

What's annoying you right now?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7