HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Number of posts : 7017
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:05 pm

I'd love a two week suspension. I'd serve it with dignity. Hell yeah!

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

I guess "nappy-headed ho's" is the new "N" word... :news:

Weird thing is, I feel sorry for Imus, and I really don't like that guy to begin with. "That's a crotchety old desert skeleton, right there..." Now, will I have to make an apology for saying that, or am I too small-time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:39 am

You know, when he said nappy-headed hoes... the way I see it was he probably didn't get what exactly he was saying. Sure he understood the words, but what I mean is... he was basically calling them a bunch of black chicks (though if HECK says they're kind of butch, I'm not fully convinced they are chicks).

It's not fully cool, but he was trying to be edgy, and I don't think he really crossed a line... just got seriously close to it. It's not even funny, to be honest... perhaps you had to hear it.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:46 am

So on MSNBC last night there was this roundtable of sorts with black individuals from different groups or organizations discussing this situation like it's the Nuremburg trials or something.

Then I see the Rutgers team has this press conference where the team has a mic stuck in their face and they talk about the comment. Then the coach talks about how it's racist and sexist. Double whammy.

I couldn't help but think, how come Nappy Headed Ho's around the country aren't up at arms? Where is the Nappy Headed Ho anti-defamation league at? Surely they should chime in because everyone else in country has.

This is just exhibit #1,824,912 that this nation is turning into a pansy ass, poor-me society with a finger pointed at the other guy while the other hand is waiting to take something.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:47 am

You know... Al ******* Sharpton needs to get on his own people about how they talk. Then, and ONLY then, does he have a right to open his pie hole and say that Imus is racist. SHEESH! Gimme a break. And I don't want a damn Kit Kat. I want this crap over with. Imus wasn't being racist. Though he realized that what he said hurt the girls. He apologized, and he's humiliated, and he's going to sit down with the girls, their parents, and the coach, and talk with them.

Heck was right... go and talk to Snoop, and all the other black people who walk around calling women "nappy headed hos" and "bitches" and calling each other "N" and THEN we can talk. Until then, he, and Jesse can SHUT THE FUCK UP! I have ZERO TOLERANCE for slamming on white folk for saying something, but it's okay for black folks to say it. Either NO ONE says it... or deal with it.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:00 am

I get that whitey can't say the 'N' anymore. No prob. I'm "down" with that Wink

But let's not get crazy.

I bet most people pissed at this thing have never heard of Don Imus before.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Fox news just said (thats right I watch fox news, eat it suckas) that MSNBC canceled his program. But me thinks that's only the simulcast deal, where they show it on the t.v.

He still has the radio part of it.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:56 pm

If I'm not mistaken it's his show that MSNBC pays to have on their network. Dude makes tons more dough on the radio than from his TV deal for sure.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:24 pm

The point is, Heck... NO ONE should be using the "N" word. PERIOD!

I don't give a flying fuck what color you are. It is all a part of racism. And if the blacks don't see that, then the rest of the world wont either.

Bill Cosby has said that the black community needs to stop using the word.

The top two rap songs talk about "bitches" and "hoes" calling each other "N" and stuff like that. Yeah, I don't care if it IS free speech. Until the black community stops using such words, I don't want to hear a damn complaint.

I don't want to be called "Cracker" or anything else, because I'm white. I don't go around calling my "fellow" white friends "Cracker" or anything else.

I'm a lesbian. I don't go around calling my friends names. I don't say things like.. "What's up, Dyke." Or "Hows is going, faggot."

So, I'm sorry. It's all wrong. PERIOD!!!

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Lawless wrote:

I'm a lesbian. I don't go around calling my friends names. I don't say things like.. "What's up, Dyke." Or "Hows is going, faggot."

ahahahhahahahahahhahahahlolololololol

that's some funny stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:45 pm

"What's up, Dyke" has a nice ring to it. I think it could make its way into mainstream slang.

I think I'm gonna start saying it....

(hopefully I won't get my balls cut off)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LICKETY

Number of posts : 502
Where I am : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Dekka: Say goodbye to your balls.

GOODBYE BALLS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:22 am

Well Dekka... it wasn't intended to be funny. But, have a laugh.

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:51 am

i thought it was funny but i got your point

but i do call some of my friends honkies

it's bullshit but now a days you can say anything whitout someone getting offended, people say shit daily that could offend me butit's joke its most of the time all in good fun, if someone is trying to intentially hurt someone else, you cant help what other people feel. if they are sensitive that's there problem

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

The problem is that the "N" word is considered a racist, and harsh, word. It causes explosive situations. But, blacks use it, on each other, like it's part of everyday conversation. HOW can you blow up at people for saying that, and other things, that you yourself tolerate within your own race? You shouldn't.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 am

To be honest, I don't think whitey gets it. It's like the N bomb from Michael Richards. Whitey just doesn't get it and can't get it.

I still think it's overblown but as a white man I'll never get what the racial slurs do to a black man so I just let it go.

I also don't think parades like this help the cause of racial equality.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow stalker

Number of posts : 106
Where I am : college
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:55 am

Lawless wrote:
The problem is that the "N" word is considered a racist, and harsh, word. It causes explosive situations. But, blacks use it, on each other, like it's part of everyday conversation. HOW can you blow up at people for saying that, and other things, that you yourself tolerate within your own race? You shouldn't.

yep, hooray for double standards. i can't call a black man the "N" word, because appearently coming from a white guy, or someone who didn't grow up on the streets (i did so grow up on the streets, my house is on a street thanks very much :-p) its automatically derogatory. But coming from a fellow black man, its fine, even when it is used negatively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:50 pm

This just in...

CBS fired Imus.

Sweet lord.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LICKETY

Number of posts : 502
Where I am : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:46 pm

If it was the Playboy Bunnies Basketball team, they would be
"bleach blonde bimbo sluts".

That's derogatory as well isn't it.

I'm glad Imus was fired. What an idiot to say that on air.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Fired though? The man has been on air for something like 30 years. This whole thing is a bunch of overblown horseshit. It's that fat fucker Al Sharpton throwing gasonline on a small little fire to further his own campaign of self-righteousness.

Imus didn't say anything out of malice. He was just riffing on a random topic during a comedy segment. Should he have said it? No. Is it a big deal? No. Funny how all of a sudden every radio nob in America is broken and can't change the station.

Crybaby ass shit over what's basically some name calling.

Fuck the Rutgers bitch-ketball team, fuck Don Old-ass Skeletor Imus, fuck these bleeding heart rabble rousers.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Well, I think he deserved a suspension or some rot, but not getting fired. But he is a talented guy, he will pick something else up I figure.

That is over the top though, to fire him for that, when that was his job to sacasticly make fun of people for the last 30 years.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:45 pm

US 'shock' talk-show host loses jobs over racial slur [color:d7b7=#60655f:d7b7]
Friday, April 13, 2007 03:40 IST

Friday, April 13, 2007 03:40 IST

WASHINGTON: One of America's most popular talk-show hosts on Thursday lost his second broadcasting job in as many days a week after uttering a racial slur on the air that has triggered a national media frenzy.
Broadcasting giant CBS dropped Don Imus's radio show, carried on 61 stations nationwide, for calling the mostly African-American women's basketball team of Rutgers University a group of "nappy-headed hos (whores)."
CBS's decision came a day after MSNBC television dropped its simulcast of "Imus in the Morning" after a clamor mounted for the firing of the veteran "shock jock" and major advertisers began to shun the program.
"From the outset, I believe all of us have been deeply upset and repulsed by the statements that were made on our air about the young women who represented Rutgers University in the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with such class, energy and talent," CBS chief Leslie Moonves said in a statement.
Moonves said the company had met with minority and women's groups in recent days to discuss the controversy.
"In our meetings with concerned groups, there has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society," he said.
"That consideration has weighed most heavily on our minds as we made our decision, as have the many e-mails, phone calls and personal discussions we have had with our colleagues across the CBS Corporation and our many other constituencies."
NBC News President Steve Capus, whose company owns MSNBC, said the network had concluded that "there should not be any room for this sort of conversation and dialogue on the air. It was the only decision that we could reach."
Capus denied his decision was influenced by the withdrawal of advertising by powerful sponsors like American Express, Sprint Nextel, and General Motors.
Both NBC and CBS had already announced that Imus, 67, would be suspended for two weeks. The firings came as the clamor by anti-racism activists and the media drumbeat reached fever-pitch.
The Imus case dominated the news coverage of US cable channels and splashed across the front pages of newspapers, underscoring the country's sensitivity to racial epithets.
Imus has repeatedly apologized on-air for his remark and sought a private meeting with the Rutgers players, and his supporters have argued that what he said pales compared with the language even more coarse, provocative and racist in art forms such as "gangsta" rap.
Before his firings, many of the movers and shakers of US society, from pundits to presidential candidates, who were guests on Imus's show had been weighing whether to risk a return visit.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, was among those willing to give Imus another shot.
"I would appear on his program again, sure," Giuliani was quoted as telling reporters. "I believe he understands he made a very, very big mistake."
But Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama, who appeared on the show two years ago, had said Imus should be dropped by the networks.
"He didn't just cross the line ... he fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America," said Obama, an African-American, on ABC television.
Imus started his career at a small radio station in California in 1968 and attracted as many devoted followers as enemies with his sharp-tongued brand of "insult humour".[/color]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 pm

He'll be on satellite radio within two weeks and making a lot more dough.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Heck... you might not know. Understandably. But, as a gay person, I KNOW, first hand, what racism, in another way, feels like. It sucks.

The black community needs to move forward, and stop putting themselves down. Yes, that is what they do when they make derogatory comments, and say things like they do. If they want to be treated better... well damn... do something to earn it.

I don't care WHAT color you are. If you talk like your street trash, I won't respect you. I can't stand people who talk that way. It is one of the HUGEST turn-offs to me.

As for Imus being fired. Well, the guy has had it coming, for years. It's just a shock that it's taken these latest comments of his to make people open their eyes and speak up. He has degraded women, gays, blacks, etc... for years. And his comments are not jokes.

Karma is a bitch. And when she decides to bite your ass, it's gonna hurt.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:38 pm

That's what shock jocks do. The shock. You don't have to like the messenger or the message but we can't be so uptight to try and make every single little person happy every second of the day. Y

I doubt most of the team ever heard of Imus and you know none of them listen. But shit, Sharpton's ringing the food bell so let's get all fired up!

Racism, prejudice, biggotry, sexism, homophobia... it happens every day. The human race will never fully escape it. I'm not saying we should just let these comments and actions fly but aren't we getting a little too sensitive these days? It's going to get to the point where everyone walks around with those Silence of the Lambs masks because we're all to afraid to say shit.

Imus called them a name. The term "nappy head" was something created by the black community to describe a black person with bad hair. Ho is slang for hooker. So is it the fact he's calling them whores with bad hair or he's using slang created by black people to do it?

Imus probably is prejudice. From what he's said I gather he's quite sexist. But he's never dropped any hate speech on the air. Not once has he told husbands to punch their wives in the face or for angry Minute Men to pistol whip an immigrant. He's just an opionated old coot and if you don't like it, change the motherfucking channel.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)   

Back to top Go down

Radio's Don Imus: `I Said a Bad Thing' (YOU'RE FIRED!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next