HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wonder Woman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:52 pm

Being a huge fan of the character, Wonder Woman, I wanted to start a thread in here, because they are in the works of doing this movie. It's still in the writing stages... but I want to see this through to fruition. Of course, the one actress that I would love to see playing Princess Diana would be Lucy Lawless. Though she hasn't been considered for the role, I still think that she would be fantastic.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:54 pm

In January 2001, producer Joel Silver approached Todd Alcott to write the Wonder Woman screenplay with Silver Pictures backing the project.[1] Early gossip included actresses such as Mariah Carey, Sandra Bullock, and Catherine Zeta-Jones for the role of Wonder Woman.[2] Sandra Bullock was a strong candidate for the project, according to producer Leonard Goldberg in a May 2001 interview.[3] The project did not take off for the time being, but instead went through various screenplay drafts written by Alcott, Jon Cohen, Becky Johnston, and Philip Levens.[4] By August 2003, Levens was replaced by screenwriter Laeta Kalogridis.[5]

In March 2005, Warner Bros. and Silver Pictures announced that Joss Whedon would write and direct the film adaptation of Wonder Woman,[6] paying Whedon between $2 to $3 million to develop and write.[7] Since Whedon was busy directing Serenity at the time, and still had to research Wonder Woman's background, the director did not begin writing the screenplay until late 2005.[8] According to Joel Silver, the script would involve the origin of Wonder Woman and have the presence of the character Steve Trevor, explaining, "Trevor crashes on the island and they go back to Man's World."[9] Silver expressed interest in having Wonder Woman filmed in Australia once the script was completed.[10]

In November 2006, Joss Whedon explained the delay in developing a proper script for the film adaptation:

“Besides her great origin story, there's nothing from the comics that felt right 100 percent, no iconic canon story that must be told. Batman has it made — he's got the greatest rogues gallery ever, he's got Gotham City. The Bat writes himself. With Wonder Woman, you're writing from whole cloth, but trying to make it feel like you didn't. To make it feel like it's existed for 60 years, even though you're making it up as you go along. But who she, and what the movie, is about, thematically, has never been a problem for me. But the steps along the way, it could be so easy for them to feel wrong. I won't settle. She wouldn't let me settle.[11]

While Whedon stated in May 2005 that he would not cast Wonder Woman until he finished the script,[12] several actresses expressed interest in the role of the superheroine. Actresses Charisma Carpenter,[13] Morena Baccarin,[14] and Sophia Bush[15] had been open to the possibility of being cast as Wonder Woman. In February 2007, Whedon departed from the project due to script differences with the studio,[16] and the director reiterated, "I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistant [sic] front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script." Whedon said that with the project left behind, he would focus on making his film Goners.[16]

A day before Whedon's departure from Wonder Woman in February 2007, Warner Bros. Pictures and Silver Pictures purchased a spec script written by Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland in order to prevent future legal action about similarities in the scripts. While producer Silver was not interested in making a period Wonder Woman, the spec script, set during World War II, had impressed executives at Silver Pictures.[17] Silver bought it as he didn't want it floating around in the industry, and although he felt it had good ideas he didn't feel like producing a period piece.[18]

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:57 pm

Actresses that have been brought up, by the studio, for possibly taking on the role of Princess Diana/Wonder Woman are:

Sandra Bullock
Mariah Carey (I would have to skip the film if she won the role)
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Kate Beckinsale
Charisma Carpenter (I love her)
Morena Baccarin
Sophia Bush

Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:06 pm

I'd love to see Kate Beckinsale in the role. Sophia, not so much. I wouldn't watch Bullock as WW. Mariah Carey? I have never written a studio to bitch about casting (even with Halle as Storm, which I thought was egregious), but I'd do it if Mariah got the part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:17 pm

I would have to do the same, SD... because I HATE Mariah Carey. She would destroy the movie before it ever had a chance.

I could go for Kate Beckinsale, Lucy Lawless, or even Jessica Beil. They would all make me happy to watch.

Sierradaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm

Yeah, I think Biel has the best body to portray WW, but her face is a bit off for what WW looks like in comics and cartoons... Not sure how I'd take to Biel's face as WW. That's weird, too, because I think Biel is gorgeous...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:16 pm

I think that she's gorgeous too!!!

I could see them darkening her hair, a lot, and possibly.

Still, my pick, above all.... Lucy Lawless. She's got it all.
Besides, Princess Diana is an amazon... gotta have the height. Wink

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:56 am

Sierradaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:47 am

Mmmmmmmm doggie.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:58 am

Uh huh... my thoughts exactly! Wink

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:25 am

Sierradaddy wrote:
I'd love to see Kate Beckinsale in the role. Sophia, not so much. I wouldn't watch Bullock as WW. Mariah Carey? I have never written a studio to bitch about casting (even with Halle as Storm, which I thought was egregious), but I'd do it if Mariah got the part.

Kate Beckinsale, totally agreed. I think she is supreme hotness. Was watching some of that vampire movie she did. Little hottie she is.

Mariah Carey: box office poison.

Bullock? Maybe 8 years ago. She got a bit of a pooper on her now.

That one broad from the Gilmore Girls could work if she buffed up a little bit.

I also have to say Monic Bellucci, only because I think she should be in every movie.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:59 am

Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls. Hot choice, Heck!!!
Actually, she SORT OF reminds me of Kate Beckinsale.
She's not as hot as Kate... but, something about her is similar.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:59 am

Who is Monic Bellucci? I've never heard of her.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Yeah, Gilmore Girls girl does have a quality... like the French call a certain I don't know what.

Monica Belluci, spelled her name wrong before, the big titty chick from the second two Matrix movies.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Ohhhhhh... the French chick, in the restaurant? Okay... she's hot! But, I don't know that I'd wanna see her as Wonder Woman.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:58 pm

I know, but I think that any movie is better with her in it. Wink

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:04 pm

Okay... she can be IN the movie... one of the amazons. Just NOT playing Diana/WW.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Agreed.

So we dig Gilmore Girls girl or Kate so far in the role.

You know, I think a no name chick would be great. Or someone not so famous.

That chick from that TV show 'How I Met Your Mother' might do the trick. She has a Linda Carter-ish quality to her.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sierradaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:31 pm

Yep. I think she could look the part... How's her acting?

Who are WW's enemies? I know nothing about any foes who can keep up with her from the comics... Not that I read many of her comics, though... I wasn't a big DC fan growing up. I just knew who they were because of tv/movies/cartoons/cheesy 70's & 80's productions/etc... Oh yeah, and when I was a kid I had the bed sheets and briefs (is that the plural of brief? Or is it brieves?) Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Her acting is fair on HIMYM, no complaints.

WW's enemies are pretty lame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wonder_Woman_enemies

Never read any of her books either.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:44 pm

Wonder Woman's major enemies

In chronological order (with issue and date of first appearance)

Villain
First appearance
Description

Doctor Poison

Sensation Comics #2
(February 1942)
Princess Maru joined the Nazi forces in 1942 and became Doctor Poison, hiding her gender behind an oversized costume and mask. In an early adventure, she developed a toxin called "Reverso" which when administered would cause people to do the opposite of what they are told. Later, she joined Villainy Inc., and would do battle with Wonder Woman time and time again, using her skills for chemical warfare. The current Doctor Poison has yet to be identified, but claims to be the grand-daughter of the original. Having used herself as a subject for bio-chemical experiments, she's developed the ability to secrete various toxins and chemicals.

Duke of Deception
Wonder Woman #2
(Vol. 1)
(Fall 1942)
The Duke of Deception is a minor god called upon by the war god Mars to battle Wonder Woman, using his powers of illusion at his disposal.

Doctor Psycho

Wonder Woman #5
(Vol. 1)
(June-July 1943)
Having been ridiculed as a child, Doctor Psycho grew up to be highly sexist and mysoginist, turning to crime after being framed for a crime he didn't commit. A Little person with telepathic and psychic powers, he was originally intended to be an archetypical Mad Scientist and spirit medium, but that image was dropped post-Crisis. He is one of Wonder Woman's most deadly foes.

Cheetah

Wonder Woman #6
(Vol. 1)
(October 1943)
The original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich, was a beautiful dancer and philaphropist who developed an odd sort of split personality when she felt overshadowed by Wonder Woman. Donning a costume made from a cut-up cheetah-skin rug, she vowed to destroy The Amazon princess. A second Cheetah, Debbi Domaine, the niece of the original, appeared a number of times as well. An ecologist, she was kidnapped and brainwashed into a feral state by a criminal organization that trained her in unarmed combat. The current Cheetah, Barbara Minerva, is a former archeologist and treasure-hunter who sold her soul to the plant-god Urtzkartaga for power and immortality, not realizing she'd be bound in eternal servitude to him.

Zara

Comic Cavalcade #5
(December 1943)
Leader of the Cult of the Crimson Flame, Zara is a skilled pyrotechnics expert which she uses in her hatred for mankind. Zara was sold into slavery as a child and was witness to many horrors in her lifetime. After her cult was defeated by Wonder Woman she joined Villainy Inc. and sought revenge against not only Wonder Woman but her mother Queen Hippolyta also.

Queen Clea

Wonder Woman #8
(Vol. 1)
(March 1944)
A cruel ruler of the Atlantean city of Venturia, Queen Clea often forced her subjects to battle in gladitorial combat for her amusement. Wanting to take over all of Atlantis she eventually stole the Trident of Poseidon to make herself supremely powerful. She was stopped by Wonder Woman and later joined Villainy Inc. as an attempt at revenge.

Giganta

Wonder Woman #9
(Vol. 1)
(June 1944)
Giganta, another one of Wonder Woman's most notorious enemies, was originally a gorilla who was super-evolved by Professor Zool. Her modern day version is Doctor Doris Zuel, a medical doctor suffering from a fatal disease who hoped to transfer her life essence into Wonder Woman. When Wonder Girl foiled her attempt, her essence was placed into a gorilla. She then transfered her essence into Olga, a circus strong-woman who had the power to grow to gigantic size. She is now a continuing thorn in Wonder Woman's side.

Eviless

Wonder Woman #10
(Vol. 1)
(Fall 1944)
Hailing from planet Saturn, Eviless was a slave driver who tried to invade Earth with fellow Saturnian Duke Mephisto Saturno. However, Eviless came back with a vengeance, freeing several foes of Wonder Woman from Transformation Island. She then formed the first incarnation of Villainy Inc., an all female group of Wonder Woman's super villains to snuff her out once and for all.

Hypnota

Wonder Woman #11
(Vol. 1)
(Winter 1944-1945)
A stage magician who disguises herself as a man, Hypnota was accidentally shot in the head during a rehearsal for her stage show. Treating the gunshot wound with an experimental surgery saved her life, but also gave her the ability to use "Blue Electric Rays of Dominance" eminating from her "Mid-Brain". Using this new power in her stage act, she also began using it for crime, selling hypnotized captives to the Saturn slave traders. She later became a member of Villainy Inc.

Minister Blizzard

Wonder Woman #29
(Vol. 1)
Prime Minister to the snowly region of Iceberg Land, Minister Blizzard uses various devices to freeze both items and people.

Blue Snowman

Sensation Comics #59
(September 1946)
Byrna Brilyant, a small town school-teacher and scientist who disguised herself as a man, she used a telescopic snow ray to create and reverse blizzards.

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:44 pm

Angle Man

Wonder Woman #70
(Vol. 1)
(November 1954)
Originally a clever schemer who 'knew all the angles,' the updated Angle Man possesses an object known as an Angler which can alter objects and locations according to the holder's wishes, sometimes defying gravity or through teleportation.

Egg Fu

Wonder Woman #157
(Vol. 1)
(October 1965)
A large Communist Egg who has recently reappeared working with Superman's enemy: Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim. A Wonder Woman enemy from the Silver Age, he has controlled large armies to try and destroy the American way of life and seek power and conquest.

Doctor Cyber

Wonder Woman #179
(Vol. 1)
(November-December 1968)
A female criminal mastermind and head of a international crime syndicate, Doctor Cyber was Wonder Woman's arch-nemesis during a period when she had given up her Amazon powers and become a white-costumed karate expert. During an early battle, Cyber's face was horribly burned. Vowing revenge for her ruined beauty, she became obsessed with having Wonder Woman's face removed and surgically grafted on her own. A cyborg version of the character has appeared post-Crisis, but not as a Wonder Woman villain.

THEM!

Wonder Woman #185
(Vol. 1)
(November 1969)
The trio known as THEM! are a gang of terrorizing New York hippies named Top Hat, Moose Momma and Pinto. They rule a certain section of town and terrorize a girl named Cathy Perkins who eventually turns to Wonder Woman for help. Known for their masculine clothing, they are feared by the local neighborhood and have a perchant for beating people after placing a dog collar on them.

Morgana

Wonder Woman #186
(Vol. 1)
(February 1970)
A coven of teenage wiccans accidentally summon the daughter of sorceress Morgaine le Fey, Morgana. Not exactly evil, Morgana uses her magic to create tricks on Wonder Woman and her friends before Diana's friend I Ching banishes her back to her own world.

Osira
Wonder Woman #231
(Vol. 1)
(May 1977)
Osira crash landed on Earth centuries ago and attempted to bring peace to the planet, using her vast telepathic powers to dominate mankind. After a time, some of the locals succeeded in trapping her in a pyramid in Egypt for many centuries but later managed to escape. Reverting to her original plan, she threatened the world leaders with violence if they did not bring about peace to the planet.

S.C.Y.T.H.E.

Wonder Woman #244
(Vol. 1)
(June 1978)
S.C.Y.T.H.E. was an anti-government terrorist organization from a European country called Lugwainia. They abducted brilliant aeronautics engineer Robert Selkirk, who'd spent years as a political prisoner in a pseudo Soviet nation before gaining asylum in the U.S. S.C.Y.T.H.E. demanded to exchange Selkirk with their imprisoned leader, Alexander Sorkhan.

Silver Swan

Wonder Woman #288
(Vol. 1)
Once a deformed woman who is shunned by all who look at her, the mad war god Mars transformed her into a beautiful woman with wings. Using her power to bring devistation to Wonder Woman via her voice was the only debt asked of her in return.

Captain Wonder

Wonder Woman #289
(Vol. 1)
(March 1982)
Doctor Psycho's sinister creation from Steve Trevor's mind. Built out of Ectoplasm from the spirit world, Doctor Psycho inhabits this body in order to combat Wonder Woman.

Ares

Wonder Woman #1
(Vol. 2)
(February 1987)
Ares is the son of the Greek god Zeus and god of war. His mere existance falls into conflict with Wonder Woman's peaceful way of living. Time and again he has tried to cause strife in the world but remains defeated by the Amazon princess.

Decay

Wonder Woman #3
(Vol. 2)
(April 1987)
Decay was brought to life by Ares' son, the god Phobos. Using the remains of the dead gorgon Medusa, Phobos created Decay as an adversary to Wonder Woman. Possessing the power to physical destroy any substance she touches, Decay attempted to destroy the Lasso of Truth but was destroyed in the process.

Circe

Wonder Woman #18
(July, 1988)
Circe is based on the Greek mythological character of the same name. A witch and sorceress of vast power, specializing in illusion and transformation spells, she has become one of Wonder Woman's most forminable foes.

White Magician

Wonder Woman Annual #3
(Vol. 2)
(September 1989)
The sorcerer Thomas Asquith Randolph made a pact with a demon in order to aquire more magical power as his previous magic began to wane with age. During his climb to power he became stunted in his rise several times by both Wonder Woman and her fellow Amazon sister Artemis. Wonder Woman was finally able to destroy the evil wizard turned demon but at the cost of Artemis' life.

Dark Angel

Wonder Woman #131
(Vol. 2)
(March 1998)
Dark Angel is the spirit of an ancient demon summoned forth by the german nazi Baroness Paula von Gunther during World War II. Finding an enemy in Wonder Woman's mother Queen Hippolyta, the two battled on several occasions. Seeking revenge, Dark Angel secretly transported herself onto Themyscira and kidnapped Hippolyta's daughter Donna Troy, mistaking her for Diana. She tortured Donna with a curse in which Donna's many lives would end tragically only to be reborn again into another tragic life.

Devastation

Wonder Woman #143
(Vol. 2)
(April 1999)
The titan known as Cronus created Devastation much the same way Wonder Woman was created: by having life breathed into a clay female figure. With his Titan children each blessing her with dark gifts, she is Cronus' champion who he hopes will defeat Olympus' champion: Wonder Woman. With almost the same powers, this demi-goddess is almost an exact copy of Wonder Woman, save for the dark twist behind her powers.

Cyborgirl

Wonder Woman #179
(Vol. 2)
(May 2002)
After destroying her body by taking the drug known as "Tar", LeTonya Charles is given cybernetic implants by her aunt Sarah Charles, who maintains the cybernetic components of the super-hero Cyborg. However, instead of using her new gained abilities for good, she has decided to serve her own selfish desires and has become a villain, coming into conflict with Wonder Woman.

Veronica Cale
Wonder Woman #196
(Vol. 2)
(November 2003)
Part owner of Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals, Veronica Cale has made it her goal of destroying Wonder Woman. Her reasoning is that Wonder Woman was handed her many privileges in life whereas Veronica had to work hard for everything she's accomplished. Along the way she's worked with other enemies of Wonder Woman's such as Doctor Psycho and Circe.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Oh no, it's Angle Man! Razz

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Thu May 22, 2008 4:23 am

Aussie model Megan Gale has been confirmed as Wonder Woman. As far as I know she hasn't done any acting before but she's f***ing hot, so she should look good in the costume and really, that's all the nerds really care about. Smile

Megan Gale:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   Thu May 22, 2008 4:32 am

Oh, she's good. I could get with that.

I can see Comic-Book-Guy on his computer already registering his disgust, though. Commenting on this and that being wrong with her, and telling everyone there's no way he'd give his virginity to something that looks like that, no matter how far into his 40's he is.

I'm beginning to think these kinds of nerds are gay.

PostSubject: Re: Wonder Woman   

Back to top Go down

Wonder Woman
Page 1 of 1