HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Alec Baldwin phone call to his daughter...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Alec Baldwin phone call to his daughter...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am

Whidden, you okay? cyclops

-----
6,000 hogs may have eaten tainted feed: USDA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An estimated 6,000 hogs from New York to California were likely given feed containing melamine, a chemical used in plastics and fertilizer, the U.S. Agriculture Department said Thursday.

A USDA official said that so far states have quarantined one farm each in South Carolina, New York, North Carolina and California.

Other states affected are Kansas, Oklahoma and Utah.
An estimated 105 million hogs are slaughtered in the United States each year, according to USDA figures.

"We're obviously tracking each farm and, frankly, each hog," the USDA official said.

USDA also said it believed a poultry feed mill in Missouri may have purchased contaminated feed.States have the authority to quarantine farms and to test animals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authority over feed, while USDA oversees products being sold.

The discovery of feed rations containing pet food tainted with melamine so far has not caused concern among importers of U.S. pork.

"We have not gotten any countries stopping our shipments yet," said Sally Klusaritz, a spokeswoman with USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service.

U.S. health officials said on Wednesday they are looking at whether humans may have consumed food containing melamine.

-------

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7098
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Alec Baldwin phone call to his daughter...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Quote :
"We're obviously tracking each farm and, frankly, each hog," the USDA official said.

What about each bean of my Frank and beans?!?!?! Those USDA jokers pulling puns on us like that. The nerve.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Alec Baldwin phone call to his daughter...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3