HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:37 pm

POSTED: 4:00 p.m. EDT, April 25, 2007

Mark Hamill with some friends at a tribute to George Lucas in 2005. He and Lucas will be in "Robot Chicken."

Story Highlights

Mark Hamill, George Lucas to guest on "Robot Chicken"
Episode spoofs "Star Wars" movies
2007 marks 30th anniversary of "Star Wars" release

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- George Lucas and Mark Hamill will reunite for "Robot Chicken: Star Wars," a 30-minute stop-motion animation special for Adult Swim, Cartoon Network's late-night programming block.

The special spoofs key scenes and favorite characters from the "Star Wars" universe. It was done in collaboration with Lucas' production company Lucasfilm. Lucas, the creator of the "Star Wars" franchise, will voice a cartoon version of himself, and Hamill will resurrect Luke Skywalker.

The special, set to premiere at 10 p.m. on June 17, comes from "Robot Chicken" creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich. Green directed.
The voice cast also includes Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Robert Smigel, Malcolm McDowell, Hulk Hogan, James Van Der Beek, Donald Faison, Abraham Benrubi, Breckin Meyer and Joey Fatone.

The special stems from three "Star Wars" skits on "Robot Chicken," including the popular "Emperor's Phone Call," featuring Darth Vader calling Emperor Palpatine to tell him that the Death Star has been blown up.

Representatives for Lucasfilm wanted to post that sketch on StarWars.com, and they set up a meeting with Green and Senreich that turned into a pitch meeting for a special.

"We were big fans of the work that Matt and Seth had done, so when they approached us about the idea to make a 'Robot Chicken' episode dedicated to 'Star Wars,' we were really enthusiastic about it," said Tom Warner, Lucasfilm's senior director of marketing.

The "Star Wars" special was developed with Lucasfilm's approval at every stage. The company also helped with sound files on Chewbacca and R2-D2.

Green has been a big fan of the "Star Wars" universe.

"It informed my whole creative sensibility, and the 'Star Wars' toys I played with in my childhood inspired my imagination," Green said. "I've always wanted to be a part of a 'Star Wars' project, and I got to make one."

And he got to direct Lucas.

"It was really exciting," Green said. "He was very shy but very playful."

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Last edited by on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Lawless wrote:
The special stems from three "Star Wars" skits on "Robot Chicken," including the popular "Emperor's Phone Call," featuring Darth Vader calling Emperor Palpatine to tell him that the Death Star has been blown up.

Banana Dancing That's so damn sweet. I've posted links for the "Emperor's Phone Call" because it's my absolute FAVORITE of all time. This is going to be awesome.

gaboman

Number of posts : 9726
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:19 pm

This is gonna be awesome, I can't wait.

Number of posts : 7143
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:20 pm

Gotta hand it to Lucas, he has some problems with directing, but he has a good sense of humor and don't seem to take criticism to heart. Has enough gumption to spoof himself. Seems like a nice guy.

Yeah, that Robot Chicken Palpatine is my favorite.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 am

Robot Chicken is the shit. I have the season 1 DVD and can watch it end to end. An all Star Wars Robot Chicken has the potential of greatness.

I had no idea Seth Green could be so damn funny. Obviously he's a SW fan.

Getting Hammill to do it was easy I'm sure. Dude has nothing else to do. Getting Lucas to not only sign off on it is big but to get the big man to do some voice over is huge.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 am

Heck... can you get Robot Chicken, on dvd, at the store... or is it something that you have to order, online?

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:35 am

You can totally get it at a store. Best Buy, Circuit City, maybe even Target. I got it for my birthday last year.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:44 am

Sweet. I will have to check into that!

Is Robot Chicken played only online... or is it on tv, late at night, or something?

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 am

On TV, Cartoon Network's Adult Swim at night. It's only 15 minutes per episode though. Haven't caught it lately on TV but I'm sure it's on some point during the week.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:58 pm

I will have to look on the tv guide, and set it to record.

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:01 pm

Check the Cartoon Network website.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:14 pm

Apparently this has already aired. They used a few of their older sketches in it, but I guess that's okay. I'll try and get it soon, cause it's gotta be good.

Number of posts : 106
Where I am : college
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:28 am

it was pretty good, but not the best i've seen them do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:49 am

Shadow, I love your avatar.

Your post insults me.

That episode was glorious.

Bender rules..

Bender.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:05 am

Bender Bending Rodriguez.

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:16 am

Dude, I just saw an episode last night where he said he was built in Mexico. Are you stealing from my mind man>?

Shit.

LIVER FREE OR DING HARD SUCKAS!

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7143
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 am

Ha! I couldnt' find the whole thing of course, but I found the trailer. Busted me up. That guy that does Lukes voice has the WHINE down so good. I just lose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smlMQc0zKfw

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Watched it on Sunday, it was pretty funny.

I loved how Darth Vader kills Jar Jar and he becomes a ghost and just won't shut up. That was a killer. A few scenes were reused, but it was solid on the whole.

PostSubject: Re: Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof   

Back to top Go down

Lucas, Hamill reunite for 'Star Wars' spoof
Page 1 of 1