HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 am

I don't know about you all, but I think it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head.

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:08 pm

Haha, now it does.

What's worse is someone was paid a lot of money to make this.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

Number of posts : 7042
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Wow. Looks like windows 95 graphics.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:10 pm

It was made in Paint for sure.

Didn't you post that awesome picture some dude made in Paint that took years to do?

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:16 pm

I remember the pic. I don't recall if I posted it or someone else.

Drunk, Old, forgetful, bad spelling Floridian Okie who likes Dark Tower books, whiskey and dogs. Stereotypical redneck. I got old trucks up on blocks to prove it. Never doubt the Whid.... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:26 pm

That thing is sick. I don't know how he could have done that. I think he's a big fat liar.

-HECK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:33 pm

could be. I think the guy is big over at deviant art, so they would have outed him by now.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17908194/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LICKETY

Number of posts : 502
Where I am : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 pm

hahaha...Lisa Simpson giving head!

(That was an impure thought.)

LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:24 pm

Whidden wrote:
Woooo, that's gorgeous. They should use that as the Olympic logo.

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:42 pm

The DAMN thing is killing people. well, almost

Unpopular Olympic Logo May Cause Seizures

Animated Display Of London 2012 Logo May Cause Epileptic Seizures

POSTED: 12:02 pm EDT June 7, 2007
UPDATED: 1:07 pm EDT June 7, 2007

Organizers for the London 2012 Games hoped the jigsaw-style logo and brand would inspire Olympic fans to reach out to people all over the World.
"London 2012 will be Everyone's Games, everyone's 2012," London 2012 Chairman Sebastian Coe said.

"This is the vision at the very heart of our brand. It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world. It is an invitation to take part and be involved."
Instead, the design itself has drawn unfavorable responses and an animated display has even caused epileptic seizures in viewers.
Epilepsy Action, a British health charity, said 10 people had complained about the animation and some had suffered seizures from watching images depicting a diver plunging into a pool.
The Olympic group said it has taken steps to remove the animation from the Web site and will now re-edit the film.
The logo design, which cost $796,000, was targeted at young people. It is made up of four jagged pieces that form the numbers 2012 and is available in four colors: pink, blue, green and orange.
In a departure from previous Games, the logo has no visual imagery of the host city or country.
Within hours of the logos unveiling Monday, an online petition was started asking for a new design.
But not everyone is opposed to the logo.
"This is a truly innovative brand logo that graphically captures the essence of the London 2012 Olympic Games -- namely to inspire young people around the world through sport and the Olympic values," IOC President Jacque Rogge said.
"Each edition of the Olympic Games brings its own flavor and touch to what is now well over a century of modern Olympic history; the brand launched (Monday) by London 2012 is, I believe, an early indication of the dynamism, modernity and inclusiveness with which London 2012 will leave its Olympic mark."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:46 pm

They almost claimed it cures AIDS. Just silly. This logo is going to bring racial harmony and peace among nations.

Me wants to hurl.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Chuck Norris got his ass beat down by this logo.

Seriously, it took me a good 10 minutes to work out those objects were supposed to read 2012.

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:52 pm

I didn't know till I read the article. I tell ya what. That's about 5 dollars worth of graphics for 800 grand. That is crazy talk.

Someone took how some coin and put it in the fridge on that deal. Exclamation

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Yeah, it's insane. I would've done it for half a million even.

The more I look at it, the angrier I get.

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:41 pm

This whole deal still pisses me off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Really? I got over it last November. I'm expecting the anger to come back in waves though.

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Yeah well the logo, the games and that smug wee asshole Lord Coe all make me angry waste of goddamn money that could have been put to better use they are taking away money for charity and taxing us all so a shitty part of London can be regenerated and Londoners can say they have the olympics.
I didn't want the olympics, I am not going to go, I live about 400 miles from the host city, hell I live in a different country yet my taxes paid for that crappy logo and I am going to pay even more for the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:26 am

No shit, your taxes are going towards it? Lame.

I lived about 30km from a lot of events when Sydney held the Olympics... didn't attend a single event (actually, I think the aquestrian was less than 5km from where I lived).

It was kind of a pain to get around during that period too.

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 am

the taxes I can live with I guess but it's the taking money from charities that annoys me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 am

Shit, I must've skipped over the charity part. That's double lame.

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:47 am

I guess you have to look at the long term benefits though, a regeneration of London will do good for everyone and the olympics bring tourists which spend money and they will come back and tell their friends and all that crap.

I don't know if any of that is real, I don't recall their being a big influx of money to Australia after the Olympics, but it sounds like a good theory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lodgebo

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:26 am

In don't know if there are any real benefits for anyone outside of London, there is no way that people in places like Aberdeen or Newcastle will benfit from the games yet they are still expected to cough up the cash for it.
I also know for a fact that past olympic cities had no economic benefit whatsoever in hodting the games Greece is still paying for them even Atlanta which was neraly a decade ago is still reporting economic issues from the games I don't how Syndey got on.
What really annoye me is that Londons hosts the olympics and all of the UK is exected to pay yet in 2014 Galsgow hosts the Commonwealth games ( not as big as the olympics but still a big deal) and only Scotland is expected to pay for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:11 am

Commonwealth Games is slightly different. Melbourne hosted them a few years and I think only that State paid for it. They mainly promo'ed Melbourne attractions and stuff as well, rather than promoting all of Australia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lodgebo

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:28 am

yeah fair point but I also reckon the London games will do nothing to promote Scotland, Wales and Ireland but we are all going to have pay for it. The games was always a bad idea IMO they must have known that asking the citizens of 3 of the other countries in the UK to help pay for the games was not excatly a winning formula, actually they didn't ask they just told us it was happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit   

Back to top Go down

Experts say, British 2012 Olympic Logo a piece of shit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1